Moderators: Deviant Anomaly, halconfenix

Sequinox
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Gabrine

Grievlocke & Sequinox's Shinkis - Update 04/29

Post by Sequinox » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:54 pm

EDIT: I decided that I should just make this a combined thread for Grievlocke and myself since the Shinkis are technically both of ours.

Hey everybody! I am actually a fairly new Shinki collector. My husband (who is also a lurker on this board) actually got me into them. I'm really into the photography aspect of collecting, and I'm also getting into creating dioramas for the girls. My current project includes making each of our girls their own room on our shelf. I'll definitely post some WIPs of their rooms as they come!

For now, here's some photos of our current girls!
Baby Razz, Gabrine & Renge

Gabrine, Renge, Proxima & Harmony Grace.

Maryceles is so stinkin' cute all the time.
Allright, that's just a quick rundown of our current girls. I don't want to overload my first post with too many pictures! I have to say that so far Gabrine and Renge are definitely my top girls. They were the first ones that my husband got, so they were technically the first girls that I really got to know. So, that on top of their awesome designs has made them my go to girls whenever I want to take pictures.

We are also going to be really trying to customize each one of the girls in the future. One of the things I love about Shinkis is that while everybody can have a "Gabrine", nobody has the same "Gabrine". I really love seeing how some of them are customized with different parts and even sometimes different eyes and faces. So that's one of the goals in the future... it's just a long process of getting and piecing together parts.

Anyway, that's all for now! I'll definitely try to keep my thread updated with pictures as I take them. ^_^
Last edited by Sequinox on Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
FLICKR // DEVIANTART // [url=htp://figurestorm.wordpress.com/]BLOG[/url] // TUMBLR

Lock Cade
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 56
MMS owned: 4
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf, Partio

Re: Sequinox's Shinkis

Post by Lock Cade » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:51 pm

Nice little collection you have there.

Sequinox
MMS Naked

Post by Sequinox » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:13 pm

TRANS+CRAZY wrote:Nice little collection you have there.
Thanks! It's a pretty slow process to grow the collection because of the prices. Of course we have to get really heavy into Shinkis when the toy line becomes pretty much dead.
FLICKR // DEVIANTART // [url=htp://figurestorm.wordpress.com/]BLOG[/url] // TUMBLR

AlexG
Class B Shinki
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf Mk2

Post by AlexG » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:23 pm

i'm right there with ya'. so far i've gotten most of my shinkis from mandarake, shipping's a bit expensive but still significantly cheaper than ebay. and they've all been in like new condition, vitulus' joints are so tight that sometimes i'm afraid i'll break her!

Also, very cute pictures. and you must have a very unique mary if she's cute all the time and not friggin insane like most of the rest here. :P
Also check out Alex's WTB Thread and we'll see if we can strike a deal!

oOnyaOo
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 14
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling and Partio

Post by oOnyaOo » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:35 pm

Ah! Heyyyy! It's wonderful to see you on here! 8D
Cant wait to see your dioramas grow. Gabrine's one is just wonderful and is so skillfully made!
Also excited to see what customizations you do! That's something I love about shinkis as well. :schmetterling:
Avalon Jane
| My Flickr | My Tumblr | My Facebook |
Keep Moving Forward

Sequinox
MMS Naked

Post by Sequinox » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:55 pm

AlexG wrote:i'm right there with ya'. so far i've gotten most of my shinkis from mandarake, shipping's a bit expensive but still significantly cheaper than ebay. and they've all been in like new condition, vitulus' joints are so tight that sometimes i'm afraid i'll break her!

Also, very cute pictures. and you must have a very unique mary if she's cute all the time and not friggin insane like most of the rest here. :P
I love Mandarake! That's where we get most of our stuff too. Their "used" items are always impressive. I have yet to get one that actually looked used.

LOL our Maryceles is "crazy" cute xD. Gabrine is pretty much her idol, so she tends to be a huge copycat of everything Gabrine does. So, sometimes she can get a little crazy depending on Gabrine.
oOnyaOo wrote:Ah! Heyyyy! It's wonderful to see you on here! 8D
Cant wait to see your dioramas grow. Gabrine's one is just wonderful and is so skillfully made!
Also excited to see what customizations you do! That's something I love about shinkis as well. :schmetterling:
I think I have officially reached "stalker" status! When I saw that you were actively posting on this board, it helped push me to make an account and become more active. Flickr and Tumblr are great, but it's really hard to engage in actual conversations, so I was really excited that you were here. :x I'm such a nerd...

And yeah! I hope to get some pictures of Gabrine's room up this weekend. I just need to find an hour to dedicate to setting her room back up with some blue tack, because otherwise everything is constantly falling off the shelves. I want to take some good detailed pictures of the whole thing because she actually has a really awesome toy collection, lol.

Grievlocke
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 0

Post by Grievlocke » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:29 pm

So does this mean I have to make my own thread?

oOnyaOo
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 14
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling and Partio

Post by oOnyaOo » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:33 pm

Sequinox wrote:
oOnyaOo wrote:Ah! Heyyyy! It's wonderful to see you on here! 8D
I think I have officially reached "stalker" status! When I saw that you were actively posting on this board, it helped push me to make an account and become more active. Flickr and Tumblr are great, but it's really hard to engage in actual conversations, so I was really excited that you were here. :x I'm such a nerd...

And yeah! I hope to get some pictures of Gabrine's room up this weekend. I just need to find an hour to dedicate to setting her room back up with some blue tack, because otherwise everything is constantly falling off the shelves. I want to take some good detailed pictures of the whole thing because she actually has a really awesome toy collection, lol.
Nah, nah! I think it's always nice to see a friendly face or name when joining a new place!
I'm so glad you're here too though! As you said, its a much better platform for conversations. C=

Cant wait to see more of her room! And her collection! I saw all those amazon boxes piling up. XD
Avalon Jane
| My Flickr | My Tumblr | My Facebook |
Keep Moving Forward

Sequinox
MMS Naked

Post by Sequinox » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:41 am

Grievlocke wrote:So does this mean I have to make my own thread?
Tccch. I would be impressed if you did make your own thread! It would mean you're doing something else other than lurking. xP

Anyway, here's a small teaser of Gabrine's room. Apparently I killed my internet today while I was trying to download Wildstar. Fortunately Grievlocke fixed it for me. Yaaaay spouse to the rescue because I'm really terrible with computers.
I'm really hoping to get a chance to set it all up and take some good detail shots in the future. This weekend is just crazy because it's Easter. And also, this is going to be Renge's bed. I just need to get to the Joann's Fabrics sometime to pick up some scrap pieces to make her bedding! I'm hoping to find a dark red velvet for her. :)

Zenislez
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 12
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Erica, Tear, Riela

Post by Zenislez » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:48 am

Oh nice pics. And glad a new shinki lover join the club.

And yes, you are right, everyone has their own preference and custom. Some people love modding, some love making photo comic, some taking their shinki to travel together and take some nice pics along the way, ect. And yes, even though the same shinki, they may have some difference wether with style or something.

As for me...well, I like modding, making clothes for my girls (though I'm still bad at it), taking them to travel. Pretty much anything with shinkis really. Though I'm not really active in the forum.

Anyway, nice to meet you and hope you enjoy your stay here.
"Motto Shiawase Ni Naru"