For showing off your Busou Shinki & MMS toys

Moderators: Deviant Anomaly, halconfenix

StealthCoffeePot
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 9
MMS owned: 0

Re: New Member Introductions

Post by StealthCoffeePot » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:14 pm

StealthCoffeePot, I used to use "Jolkm" as my default alias for various things, but recently decided to phase out it's use in favor of SCP, except for example a character name in games with a name length limit, especially older games.

How I discovered Busou Shinki is a long story, so I'll start with a rundown of some of my biggest interests, which are the underlying reasons why I'd love this sort of thing very much. I've always been fascinated by pretty much anything mechanical/electronic, basically any type of synthetic machine, and have always been OBSESSED with the concepts of androids & cyborgs, (especially any sort of mecha-girl) basically any type of synthetic person, or being that's been modified/enhanced with synthetic parts, assuming such modification is with willing consent of, and in a way that is for the good/well being of the person. (nothing like the infamous "borg" from star trek) I'm a HUGE fan of the Megaman/Megaman X game series, and exposure to these games & characters therein at an early age in the mid-90's has, (more than almost anything else) greatly influenced most of the better parts of who and what I am and how I think - and still does to this day.

Another thing is my liking of modern Japanese manga/anime - something about the art style(s) itself just tends to make the characters look so wonderful, and no western art styles can compare, even in the case of a similar or same character design. I'm not sure I can explain or understand it, but whatever.

Fast forward to 2001 when I started to like gundam, unrelated to my android/cyborg obsession, as MS are mere vehicles, but as a separate interest, and for a few years it was my main hobby/interest. Somehow my interest in gundam faded, and for ~8 years I'd mostly ignored/forgotten about it. About spring-summer of 2012 when for unknown reasons/whims, I started hauling out my old gundam models & toys and playing my old PS2 gundam games, and not long into this nostalgic period I was throwing around the idea of getting back into gundam models.

This is where things suddenly got REALLY interesting and stuff hit the fan.....

I started looking around online for a site to buy gundam models, and although I discovered the site I'd bought from before was defunct, I found another one called gundam planet which was the first search result I clicked on, and as soon as it finished loading, right there at their homepage was a big advertisement of the Armor Girls Project Wing Gundam Girl. OH *---! WHAT THE *---?!! NO WAIT, WHAT THE HOLY AWESOME *---?!!

Could this real? "were there a such thing as a "Nobel awesomeness prize", whoever's idea this was deserves one" I thought. I had to check it out and was shocked by price but still decided to get one. At some soon point I found video reviews of the AGP wing gundam girl at youtube, particularly one by username kakarot197, which opened up even more cans of worms.

The thing was, in his review he showed and discussed a few other figures either for being similar basic concepts or simple size comparisons - busou shinki Zelnogrard & Eukrante, and a Hatsune Miku figma. This was my first known encounter with busou shinki, and the first I'd heard of figmas. I'd seen Miku a few years back but somehow she just didn't quite get to me and I sort of brushed it off. Until she DID get to me. I ended up wanting a Miku figma even more than the gundam girl, but discovered it was discontinued and not knowing better checked ebay and found I couldn't get a real one for <4x original retail price. That didn't stop me. It was an ordeal scrounging up enough money plus technical & legal problems on the sellers end interfered/delayed things. After I finally got it I was so impressed that I got hooked on figmas and later that year got 2 more (plus the wing gundam girl) just on a basis on liking what I saw, even if unfamiliar with the character or what they're from, which is how I discovered BRS, among other things.

Obviously I was also checking out busou shinki, but finding the same problem as with the Miku figma, discontinued and an insane secondary market. By far my favorite character design of the series was/is Arnval Mk.2 Tempesta. Late 2012 I discovered BSW and lurked for a little while, but not much. My liking of busou shinki grew and I decided I wanted an Arnval Mk.2 Tempesta enough that I'd save up long enough to get one even at ebay prices, but after I came back and lurked around BSW extensively, I learned from discussions here about amiami & Mandarake as well as the facts that "pre-owned" doesn't necessarily mean "used", and that most of their prices are a fraction of the cheapest listings at ebay or amazon, and Mandarake had the only Arnval Mk.2 Tempesta full arms package anywhere except ebay/amazon, and for about half the price, so as soon as I had enough money, I grabbed it.

So that's where I am now, I'm VERY happy with my first shinki, and I love her very much. Now I just need to get her some more friends/sisters, as 3 figmas, 1 gundam girl, and a ~4" gashapon/trading figure just isn't a lot of company!

RokuShinkiMaster
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 15
MMS owned: 21
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Raptias, Proxima,

Post by RokuShinkiMaster » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:22 am

Very cool!
Welcome to busou shinki world!

StealthCoffeePot
Class C Shinki

Post by StealthCoffeePot » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:59 pm

Oh and I still haven't gotten any more gunpla since way back when.....

MrHolister
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Vitulus

Post by MrHolister » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:15 am

StealthCoffeePot wrote:
So that's where I am now, I'm VERY happy with my first shinki, and I love her very much. Now I just need to get her some more friends/sisters, as 3 figmas, 1 gundam girl, and a ~4" gashapon/trading figure just isn't a lot of company!
Welcome. You certainly came out swinging with an Arnval MK2.. Good thing is most others are much less expensive than her, and trust me, once you start buying more it's a slippery slope my friend..
Shinkis for sale or trade!
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2119

HydronPrime
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Grapprap

Post by HydronPrime » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:34 pm

Hello and welcome to all.
It has been a while and just had break from being busy.
Speaking of holidays, I am not sure where to post such greetings so might as well post it here.
*Happy Holidays to All*
Welcome also to SCP and congrats on your first shinki (hmm. a present for yourself?)

------------
MrHolister wrote: Well, an animated series came out.... Battle Rondo is dead.... and Konami had some unknown issues with some factories and any news of new shinkis has pretty much stopped.
I see. I was aware only up until Battle Rondo was shut down. I wasn't able to read any news on such issues with factories. Was it discussed here (will try searching the forums)?
Last edited by HydronPrime on Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lock Cade
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 56
MMS owned: 4
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf, Partio

Post by Lock Cade » Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:26 pm

Welcome to BSW, StealthCoffeePot! I can't help but notice that you are from Michigan. Nice to see that I'm not the only Shinki fan in Michigan. xD

Sciver
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 3
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Estri/Graffi/Proxi

Post by Sciver » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:50 pm

Well uh...
I'm not good with introductions... In any case, I'm Satoh from the cbox... (I was sciver but a bug, apparently, cause that name to be locked out)

I don't own any physical shinki, but I do rather enjoy the concept behind them.
I first discovered them on a site about customizing figures and models, then I discovered Battle Rondo.... about 8 months after service had ended...

I'm currently looking into a practical way to convert the Battle Rondo/Diorama Studio models, in order to salvage something from the game.

So uh... Hi.

Heckfire
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 24
MMS owned: 6
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Do I HAVE to choose?

Post by Heckfire » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:15 am

May as well introduce myself...I'm known as Heckfire and I collect toys, as well as doing other stuff (like writing and drawing). My buddy Roequ recently convinced me to use some of my tax refund to buy a few Shinkis, the first of whom arrived, amusingly enough, on Valentine's Day. I'll probably be posting some pics as they arrive, so I figgered I should introduce myself.

So, hi everybody..!
"Grab a shovel-I'm one skull away from a Mouseketeer reunion." -Bender
"I'm a triceratops balancing on a daisy with spinning wheels, baby!" -Dexter

=^.^= ~~>

StealthCoffeePot
Class C Shinki

Post by StealthCoffeePot » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:34 pm

Welcome!

Awesome coincidence when your shinkis arrived, I spent that entire day playing with Molniya (my Arnval Mk.2 Tempesta) a well as my Miku figma.

AlexG
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf Mk2

Post by AlexG » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:20 am

Hello,
I'm Alex and I recently got into collecting Shinki's after collecting transformers for years and reading several photo-comics on TFW2005 featuring them. My first and so far only shinki is Maochao, and similarly to Heckfire^ she arrived at my apartment on February 13th. I'll be starting a show & tell thread pretty soon and hopefully expanding my shinki collection even sooner!
Also check out Alex's WTB Thread and we'll see if we can strike a deal!