Talk about other toys we collect.
Shiaoran
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 47
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

Re: revoltech queen's blade

Post by Shiaoran » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:42 am

Unfortunately it's not a Revoltech, it's a garage kit by Gijibaji.
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/7055 ... m_gijibaji

star
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Post by star » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:22 pm

Shiaoran wrote:Unfortunately it's not a Revoltech, it's a garage kit by Gijibaji.
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/7055 ... m_gijibaji
how strange, i thougt for sure it was revoltech, although the revoltech joints aren't exactly hard to get, it also doesn't look as good in the links, the upper chest seems to noticably different, but the site i found it on said it was at wonderfest, i apollogize for the confusion :ianeira: but you must admit, revoltech hasn't had a normal queen's blade release in some time now

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki

Post by Shiaoran » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:00 pm

Ymir was released earlier this year, and Anelotte comes out this month.
There was also Alleyne 2P, but I think you don't count that.
3 releases per year isn't that bad.

I'd love a 2P Anelotte, Elina, Ymir and Aldra, and also some of the Rebellion versions, specially Ymir, Siggy, Liliana and Mirim. Also Alice Boost.

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:55 pm

Shiaoran wrote:Ymir was released earlier this year, and Anelotte comes out this month.
There was also Alleyne 2P, but I think you don't count that.
3 releases per year isn't that bad.

I'd love a 2P Anelotte, Elina, Ymir and Aldra, and also some of the Rebellion versions, specially Ymir, Siggy, Liliana and Mirim. Also Alice Boost.
i would also LOVE and alice boost, i think the original alice should have come with a different center body and head to make her into alice boost personally myself, and a 2p melona would also be nice, personally, i wouldn't mind a re-sculpt of echidna cause the original's hips bother me with the big split in the body, and i wouldnt mind the snake being jointed at the sides of her hips, then its head cause look up and move, it would just need to be pegged into her lower back, which i also wouldnt mind, and a better variety of faces, and her hair could actually have the second tone its supposed to also have, echidna definately deserves a re-sculpt, i just hope they make one so i dont have to do it myself as a garadge kit, and they NEED to make a tomoe!

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki

Post by Shiaoran » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:58 pm

It's Revoltech, gotta deal with the not so awesome quality, but they do lack much in accessories, specially hands. And angry faces would also be good.

I'm looking forward to more FullPuni and the Figuttos, those seem to be way better.

Echidna 2P has an alt snake that's looking out.

blade_anime
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: All of mine

Post by blade_anime » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:47 pm

Actually, from my experience (which ISN'T with Queen's Blade revoltechs,) Revoltech does an EXCELLENT job when it comes to paint application. Some of my Sengoku Basara figures are just beautiful to look at.

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:55 pm

Shiaoran wrote:Echidna 2P has an alt snake that's looking out.
yeah, but ive never seen her under $300 and the most i'd ever spend on one of these girls is in the low 90s, plus the snake is anoying and shifts often, as i believe ive mentioned, echidna has near flashed my mom, if the snake had 2 joints, one by each of her hips, and pegged into her back, not only would it be more secure, it would give her more of an m mode because then the snake could pose like in her game book and give her a more full feel, as is i rather dislike her m mode, the face is ok but the top doesn't stick and exposes her full chest from almost every view, so i can never have her use the m mode, and the snake could function as an attack then as well then, and the hip joint bothers me and looks strange unless shes posed correctly, and she should also have a front hair piece like black rock shooter because she also has an eye that glows, although the revoltech versions has no attempt at this at all, but i will admit, revoltech rairly disapionts with paint work, the only paint flaw i have is with my alleyne, the pink at the top of her cleavage is off and looks like a strange rash LOL

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki

Post by Shiaoran » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:40 pm

And why the heck would you want to display Echidna in M mode? She's a badass S!
But I never had the problems you do.

The quality issues aren't with paint, but with overall design, in which they try too hard to use Revo-Joints (I HATE those in the hips) and stupid stuff like having Reina and Airi's chest parts attach by pegs and some obvious parts like Reina's straps not being removable for better/different posing. Also the faces suck.
But I admit there's nothing else to complain about the quality in recent figures like these, but go get a 2006 Revo and you'll see you've purchased a mere toy, not a collectible figure. Too bad the only Revy (from Black Lagoon) action figure is a crappy old Revo... I may end up getting it :P

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:33 pm

Shiaoran wrote:And why the heck would you want to display Echidna in M mode? She's a badass S!

The quality issues aren't with paint, but with overall design, in which they try too hard to use Revo-Joints (I HATE those in the hips) and stupid stuff like having Reina and Airi's chest parts attach by pegs and some obvious parts like Reina's straps not being removable for better/different posing. Also the faces suck.
But I admit there's nothing else to complain about the quality in recent figures like these, but go get a 2006 Revo and you'll see you've purchased a mere toy, not a collectible figure. Too bad the only Revy (from Black Lagoon) action figure is a crappy old Revo... I may end up getting it :P
LOL actually, last night i stopped to look at my echidna to see what would be needed to make the custom parts i was talking about and i realized shes actually pretty nice, LOL but yes, airi's large core joint bothers me greatly and if not rotated right, can look rather poor, and leina also has awfull facail expressions, if i got her, i would definately mold her a neutral face LOL but aside from echidna's lack of snake joints, she is pretty good, and she was designed to do the poses her other figures do, LOL and yes, i see how echidna in m mode is kinda un characteristic LOL unless maybe aldra steps in LOL but now i wanna see an irma revoltech, LOL my echidna deserves it :)

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Post by Storm Wing » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:44 am

star wrote:NEWS POST! this cham cham figure produced by revoltech made an appearance at wonderfest! yes, cham cham, im suprised that this thread didn't already have this on it, it is for queen's blade revoltech figure, and all series that came from it,
if you knew of this and didn't share, then shame on you :benio: i have not idea of release dates or anything else but it is most likely going to be released in the near future, as it was the 2011 wonderfest, but then again, it may have been released already however i doubt this, i also doubt that it will be up to queen's blade standards if you know what i mean, she is underaged and that would just be wrong, i doubt they would do that, and dont say nowa is under aged, shes elf years so youth lasts longer, and ymir i know for a fact is actually and adult
But what about Alice?? ^^;; There's no statement about her being an immortal being (aside from the fact that she can "boost up", if you know what i mean ^_^ LOL)
star wrote:
Shiaoran wrote:And why the heck would you want to display Echidna in M mode? She's a badass S!

LOL actually, last night i stopped to look at my echidna to see what would be needed to make the custom parts i was talking about and i realized shes actually pretty nice, LOL but yes, airi's large core joint bothers me greatly and if not rotated right, can look rather poor, and leina also has awfull facail expressions, if i got her, i would definately mold her a neutral face LOL but aside from echidna's lack of snake joints, she is pretty good, and she was designed to do the poses her other figures do, LOL and yes, i see how echidna in m mode is kinda un characteristic LOL unless maybe aldra steps in LOL but now i wanna see an irma revoltech, LOL my echidna deserves it :)
Speaking of which...
Mai howl :P
Oh, btw, dat snake beneath Echidna? That's from Camus (Detroit Metal City Revoltech). I "rebuild" that snake, and~.....
XDDDDDDDDDDD
Cut! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut CUT!!
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!