What are your Shinkis to you?

Questions and discussion on all things related to Busou Shinki & MMS toys.

Moderator: Caterwaul

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 47
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

Re: What are your Shinkis to you?

Post by Shiaoran » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:37 pm

"Mai waifu" usually means a creepy guy calling something other than a human "my wife".
Like someone who would marry a Love Plus character :P

Shinkifan0813
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0

Post by Shinkifan0813 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:47 pm

Oh! Sorry, I don't speak much Japanese. Calling a shinki a wife does sound weird to me.

Canthros
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Canthros » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:59 pm

Shinkifan0813 wrote:I have read things where Shinkis called their owner's master and I have read things where people called their Shinkis their daughters. My question is, what are your Shnkis to you?
Toys. Just like the Transformers, WWRp bots, the eight zillion astromechs, and other figures laying around the apartment.

Some have more or less significance than others, but, at the end of the day, they're all 'stuff'. Stuff I like, stuff I enjoy having, but ... stuff. Things.

Which, I like to think, is a healthy attitude to have. Related to that, I find the dolls-as-offspring thing a little weird. OTOH, I'm an adult who plays with toys. Make of that what you will.

rubixbox
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 4
Favorite MMS/Shinki: You mean owned or..?

Post by rubixbox » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:24 pm

Canthros wrote: Which, I like to think, is a healthy attitude to have. Related to that, I find the dolls-as-offspring thing a little weird. OTOH, I'm an adult who plays with toys. Make of that what you will.
*shrug* I think it's a bit odd as well, but I frankly don't care. It's just a way to give your figures personality.

arhra
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 38
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altines

Post by arhra » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:42 am

Shiaoran wrote:"Mai waifu" usually means a creepy guy calling something other than a human "my wife".
I have to say, seeing someone with Kimura-sensei as their avatar explaining the meaning of "mai waifu" is highly amusing.

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 47
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

Post by Shiaoran » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:57 pm

arhra wrote:
Shiaoran wrote:"Mai waifu" usually means a creepy guy calling something other than a human "my wife".
I have to say, seeing someone with Kimura-sensei as their avatar explaining the meaning of "mai waifu" is highly amusing.
As intended XD
Since I didn't had an avatar, I just went with this for the LOLs.

ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 11
MMS owned: 11
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Noire, Ayu and Yuuko

Post by ZeroEdge » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:42 pm

Yeah, well, I treat my shinkis (and figmas) as kinda like roomies, so they're basically free to do anything they want, as long as they don't break any of my other stuff. :P And they call me 'Master' out of respect for me providing for them and all, but I know that they like making fun of me behind my back :cheesygrin:

blade_anime
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: All of mine

Post by blade_anime » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:21 pm

I suffer from an excess of empathy, so I tend to regard my stuffed animals and toys as "People" sort of. As a consequence, I'm often a bit overprotective.

KuruZaku
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by KuruZaku » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:04 pm

Hmmm, I guess I would say they are very important toys. I usaully call them by there name on the box (mainly because I can't come up with any good names for my shinkis). I treat them just like all of my figures/models.

PurdueAV2003
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 7
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by PurdueAV2003 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:34 am

I have a similar attitude towards my Shinkis that Polenicus does. Because of my photocomic, I envision some of them with the characterizations I've given them in "Time Shinki". Arnval and Altlene are the same person to me, Yda is young but a little emotionally scarred, and Howling is...well...Megatron! :D

I have a few others that I have plans for in the story, but are still sitting in their boxes in the closet. Until I start writing and photographing them for the comic, they are really just lumps of plastic. Once I give them personality, they come to hold a much more important place in my collection.
SERIES 4: Coming in 2012