shinkis types you would like to see made

Questions and discussion on all things related to Busou Shinki & MMS toys.

Moderator: Caterwaul

higurashi9
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Sharatang

Re: shinkis types you would like to see made

Post by higurashi9 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:35 pm

arent the newly announced vic viper both flying types

star
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Post by star » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:57 pm

higurashi9 wrote:arent the newly announced vic viper both flying types
but they kinda shouldnt count as they are the same mms type and virtually just color copies of each other

@ rubixbox: ianeira flies but its like swiming in air, giving her land mobility, and bats and birds are both kinda the same, since they do fly and have wings, ergo flying types, and what makes even less sence than ianeira flying is grafias flying, scorpians dont fly and she has 2 good legs, and tigers also dont fly so tigris also wouldnt make sence by that standard, and neither would vitulus, LOL flight is mainly for increased mobility, not character specific, if anything, eukrante being able to go underwater makes little sence since she has wings

rubixbox
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 4
Favorite MMS/Shinki: You mean owned or..?

Post by rubixbox » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:00 pm

star wrote: @ rubixbox: ianeira flies but its like swiming in air, giving her land mobility, and bats and birds are both kinda the same, since they do fly and have wings, ergo flying types, and what makes even less sence than ianeira flying is grafias flying, scorpians dont fly and she has 2 good legs, and tigers also dont fly so tigris also wouldnt make sence by that standard, and neither would vitulus, LOL flight is mainly for increased mobility, not character specific, if anything, eukrante being able to go underwater makes little sence since she has wings
That was my entire POINT. And bats and birds aren't the same. Bats are mammals, birds aren't.

Also weren't Sirens supposed to be at least partially sea creatures?

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:51 pm

Whether sirens are birds or fish seems to depend on the legend you're looking at.

And I have one thing to say about this flying ianeira business.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Fish

blade_anime
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: All of mine

Post by blade_anime » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:46 pm

How about Howling or Maochao flying? EVERYBODY flies in Battle Rondo.

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:20 pm

Xehn wrote:Whether sirens are birds or fish seems to depend on the legend you're looking at.

but a siren is always a mermaid in legend when she is capable of being underwater right? and off topic but: why does eukrante have no vocal attack or sound attack of any kind, i thought sirens sang

@blade anime: howling and mao cannot fly when in their own armor when they only wear their armor

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:59 pm

She may not sing as an attack, but she does hum a little during battle.

Sirens as fishy-related creatures didn't happen until much later in the mythology.

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:12 pm

Xehn wrote:She may not sing as an attack, but she does hum a little during battle.

Sirens as fishy-related creatures didn't happen until much later in the mythology.
so wait, didn't sirens and mermaids come into thought at about the same time? i thought both originated in ancient greace i wonder if eukrante will hum in battle master mk2, i just wish she had some kind of sonic screach of really any vocal attack, ianeira has a harp, so why not let eukrante have something like it?

blade_anime
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: All of mine

Post by blade_anime » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:03 pm

star wrote:
Xehn wrote:Whether sirens are birds or fish seems to depend on the legend you're looking at.

but a siren is always a mermaid in legend when she is capable of being underwater right? and off topic but: why does eukrante have no vocal attack or sound attack of any kind, i thought sirens sang

@blade anime: howling and mao cannot fly when in their own armor when they only wear their armor
................... What? Firstly, the wording of that was confusing, secondly, although they might not be able to fly in Battle Masters, EVERY single battle in BR take place in midair, even if the shinki isn't wearing any armor at all. And also, some legends describe a Siren as a woman with the body of a bird, NOT a mermaid.

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:35 am

blade_anime wrote:................... What? Firstly, the wording of that was confusing, secondly, although they might not be able to fly in Battle Masters, EVERY single battle in BR take place in midair, even if the shinki isn't wearing any armor at all. And also, some legends describe a Siren as a woman with the body of a bird, NOT a mermaid.
yes, i meant, the bird-bodyed/winged sirens should be incapable of any underwater combat, while the mermaid like sirens would be flightless, flight really isn't specific to things that should fly in the busou shinki world, and in my oppinion, ianeira is kind of like a siren in that she has a harp to use as a weapon, but in most folklore, sirens sink ships and mermaids help lead them ashore, aside from when mermaids sink ships and devoure the crew,its confusing, but i do think ianeira should have some kind of leg armor aside from her tail, since most mermaids have legs they can use when on land, so she isn't so poorly un-armed in battle masters