PenPen
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 15
MMS owned: 15
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Re: Maximum Burst's Questions

Post by PenPen » Sat May 29, 2010 3:16 pm

[Report:]
MaximumBurst wrote:Ah ha. I knew it. I've been training my Shinkis to do well at multiple ranges. I can't decide if I should just keep it a little balanced or just go back to purely one range.

And it's broken up into only 3 ranges? Short = 0~100, Middle = 100~300, Long = 300~400?
The ranges are:

Close 0-100
Mid 100.1-200 (Not including 100. =P)
Long 200.1 - 400 (Not including 200. =P)

...If possible, always try dual range. It sometimes leads to huge difference. (Especially for dodge type!) For example, you may have 10% chance to get hit in long range, but suddenly jump to 90% in mid range.

One of the thinking pattern that may help you win, is that many players would think of "I want my Shinki to do close/long range with high mobility so no one touches her". This is where mid-range high attack/accuracy type comes in, and this is when dual range shine the most.
[End of report]

MaximumBurst
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 1
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Yda

Post by MaximumBurst » Sun May 30, 2010 12:16 am

This is very helpful. Thanks for clearing this up. If I can't get my Shinki's to S-class this time around, I'm definitely going to have a better chance next time!

Edit: I think I found a blog that has some more details on this. http://ameblo.jp/busousinnki-blog/theme ... 59596.html

If I understand this correctly, it would take about 150 battles to get high balance in all 3 ranges. This is assuming the +1/-0.8 values.

Assuming the +1/-0.8 and it caps at -10, dual range will take 17 battles in each of the 2 ranges you want. You'll need to do some alternating to make it work right.

*QUESTIONS
Is using skills affected by praising also? I don't know what happened, but it seems that one of my Shinkis won't use SP to finish off the opponent even when I use the command to "Use SP as much as possible". Instead of using a skill when the SP is ready, she'll use a normal attack. It's pretty frustrating. And on that note, my Shinkis also seem to be flying sideways more often now instead of attacking right away. I've had them doing the same missions over and over again, and their behavior seems to be getting worse, but I have to praise them for what they do or else their range sense will get all messed up. I'm amazed at how much of the game is based on simply praising or scolding. It's too much if you ask me.

I was also wondering if anyone had some tips on teaching a Shinki how to guard only Skills using "Steady Protection", the skill on the FATE shield.
If you have an unused Maochao Battle Rondo code and don't plan on using it, please send me a PM! I'd gladly accept any other unused codes as well. :schmetterling:

MaximumBurst
Class A Shinki

Post by MaximumBurst » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:30 am

This one is a weird one. I just fought a Shinki that was level 109, but still B-class. I thought that if you didn't get 20 wins by level 101, you would automatically drop to EX-class. What's going on here?
If you have an unused Maochao Battle Rondo code and don't plan on using it, please send me a PM! I'd gladly accept any other unused codes as well. :schmetterling:

Sword
Battle Rondo Edification Officer
Shinkis owned: 25
MMS owned: 6
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Fubuki

Post by Sword » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:59 am

You get it after the first fight. That guy trained up to 109 and fought only then.

MaximumBurst
Class A Shinki

Post by MaximumBurst » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:48 pm

Sword wrote:You get it after the first fight. That guy trained up to 109 and fought only then.
Ah ha. That's right. I guess it just didn't pop into my mind because doing that is pretty unusual.

PenPen
Class A Shinki

Post by PenPen » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:37 pm

MaximumBurst wrote:*QUESTIONS
Is using skills affected by praising also? I don't know what happened, but it seems that one of my Shinkis won't use SP to finish off the opponent even when I use the command to "Use SP as much as possible". Instead of using a skill when the SP is ready, she'll use a normal attack. It's pretty frustrating. And on that note, my Shinkis also seem to be flying sideways more often now instead of attacking right away. I've had them doing the same missions over and over again, and their behavior seems to be getting worse, but I have to praise them for what they do or else their range sense will get all messed up. I'm amazed at how much of the game is based on simply praising or scolding. It's too much if you ask me.

I was also wondering if anyone had some tips on teaching a Shinki how to guard only Skills using "Steady Protection", the skill on the FATE shield.
Yes, depending on your Shinki, skill usage can be another pain-in-the-behind.

...And here are four things that goes rather annoying because they grouped together with one single praise/scold system:

1. Range.
2. Skill (usage of skill, priority of skill, may cross a little from 1 -- use skill only in certain range).
3. Method of attacking (kinda a cross of 1 and 2 -- which range to attack, normal or skill attack, which weapon to attack, etc).
4. Method of defending (boost up evasion by moving in the same spot, also cross a little from 2 -- use of skill to dodge/defend, etc).

...As many discussion before (on the official 573 Shinki website's forum even) had players complain that 573 should separate them into individual category, or even do a turn-by-turn (as in, you did good in turn five but bad in turn three, etc). Because it is really common that your Shinki did really well in the start, fooled around in the middle (to an extreme that you started to scream "DROP THAT IDIOT BALL!"), then suddenly finishes the battle with two ninja throws in a row.

Praise, Scold, or Neither?

===== ===== ===== ===== =====

One common thread is that "Dodge type will only use counter skill, Defense type will only use defense skill".

However, there are players who trained (or by totally random acts of kindness from) their Shinki to use defense skill to defend skill attack while dodge the regular attack.

Some said that switching command may be it (as in "dodge and look for opening" then "guard and wait for your chance"), but I don't think that does it because command ties to turns -- so it really should be dodge only for three turns and then defense only for three turns.

...In any case, what you are looking for (defend skill attack with fate shield and defend normal attack with steady defense) is also something along that line. And I would say that's some pretty high end stuff, which you probably needs to do some in-depth research...
[End of report]

PS: Please do give me a head up if you find something along the line, thanks in advance.

MaximumBurst
Class A Shinki

Post by MaximumBurst » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:37 pm

I'll tell you what my crazy Shinkis do. My defense-type Benio has been defense-focused since day one. Because of this, she now uses Steady Protection no matter what I command her to do. If I say to use big damage attacks, she will use Steady Protection. Because of this, I can't equip her with the shield (which has really nice stats) if I want her to be on the offensive.

My Yda, who has been an evasion type since day one will sometimes use Steady Protection on the followup skills like Maochao's cats. I have no idea what made her do this, but it probably has a 1/100 chance of happening.

It's nice to hear that people are complaining on the official message board. Maybe 573 will hear their pleas one day...

PenPen
Class A Shinki

Post by PenPen » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:51 pm

MaximumBurst wrote:I'll tell you what my crazy Shinkis do. My defense-type Benio has been defense-focused since day one. Because of this, she now uses Steady Protection no matter what I command her to do. If I say to use big damage attacks, she will use Steady Protection. Because of this, I can't equip her with the shield (which has really nice stats) if I want her to be on the offensive.

My Yda, who has been an evasion type since day one will sometimes use Steady Protection on the followup skills like Maochao's cats. I have no idea what made her do this, but it probably has a 1/100 chance of happening.

It's nice to hear that people are complaining on the official message board. Maybe 573 will hear their pleas one day...
Heh, that's always the biggest issue with defense skill. Once you set the command to "use skill whenever possible", and/or she gets use to using it whenever possible, that 200 sp usually stops any offensive skill's sp build up. (On the similar story, 150 sp follow up skill often stop the flow of defense skill...)

That said, there are successful story on how players trained their Shinki with command set to "use it accordingly" and they only blocks the opponent's skill attack with defense skill. But how they trained their Shinki to use attack skill all the time with "use it accordingly" is beyond my guess.

One thing I asked myself the most during last point battle -- "how the hack did they do it?!" ;)
[End of report]