How about we make an English Battle Rondo wiki?

For help & discussion of Battle Rondo.

Moderator: Sword

Zero_Blazer
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 8
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ach and Tempesta

Re: How about we make an English Battle Rondo wiki?

Post by Zero_Blazer » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:30 pm

Wave 7 was okay this time around. Most of it was normal english. I'm still confused on some of Yda's equipment though. If anyone is bored, can you take a look at it. Mostly the Ananta Assualt skill and whatever her broadsword is called.

MaximumBurst
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 1
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Yda

Post by MaximumBurst » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:57 pm

All of Yda's stuff uses terms in the Hindu religion.

Skills:
Durga Slay
Vritra Reversal
Sinha Grapple
Ananta Assault

Her Battle Mode (BM) is called "Vishva Looper".

Oh, and the NPC Yda seen in missions and Battle Masters is called "Shakti" as well.

Another bit of trivia is that on Yda and her armor, you can find a label that reads, "YDA-010". This is supposed to be read, "Yda Ten". The pun here is that there is a character in Japanese Buddhism called "Idaten" who is known for his speed. The story of this character has origins in Hinduism as well.
Last edited by MaximumBurst on Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
If you have an unused Maochao Battle Rondo code and don't plan on using it, please send me a PM! I'd gladly accept any other unused codes as well. :schmetterling:

Zero_Blazer
Class A Shinki

Post by Zero_Blazer » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:59 pm

>_>

Maybe I should go to Megami Tensei wiki for some of these names then...

EDIT: Thanks for the names.

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:55 am

I cant help think there's a more elegant way to show the translations, but not sure I can quite articulate why or how to do it differently. Partly it has to do with the fact we're sometimes getting multiple languages in there. Time to iron it all out later, I suppose.

Oh, and on Tigris...Might be better to stick with the Japanese names for her swords. Raijin (Raiden) and Fujin are mythological beings.

Zero_Blazer
Class A Shinki

Post by Zero_Blazer » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:41 am

Finished Wave 8. I don't know German, so miss Panzer Type is a thorn up the butt. Asuka's excessive Kanji is also a bit much, so if anyone can help in those areas, please check that out.

I'm almost done with the Waves for weapons (still need the loooong list of other stuff like SPT shop) but looking at the rest, I don't think I'll be able to do too much of it since I'm about to start school later this month. If someone can just put the equipment of armors and stuff from the Japanese wiki to ours, that'd be great on its own. The most time wasting yet easy part of all this is actually transferring the data into the wiki. If someone can do that, I can do all the translating myself later since it doesn't take as much time.

Also, if anyone has friends or such who also like battle rondo or just busou shinki in general, tell them about the wiki and ask them if they want to help edit. The more people the less load we get each.

Still, it's looking good. Lotta character pages are getting up, but the format on a lot of them are a bit off...which is fine for now since the wiki is still in a beta-ish stage, but later on having some pages look different from others will make the wiki a bit chaotic.

Sparkster
MMS Naked
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Sparkster » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:25 am

Upgraded the Eukrante page. I tried going through some of the other shinkis for a general idea how to plan it, but couldn't find any so I just copied the JP Wiki style and added some things of my own.

Zero_Blazer
Class A Shinki

Post by Zero_Blazer » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:55 am

Wave 11 is short, weapon-wise...

Anyways, someone help on it, please. It's completely screwed up due to my inexperience in German...T_T

I'll probably work on the two light armors after a quick break.

blade_anime
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: All of mine

Post by blade_anime » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:24 pm

I decided to bump this. We need to let more people know about this project, it's dying! I think one of the biggest things we need is somebody to translate the menu screens, so if anybody here knows somebody who knows Japanese, see if they can help. Let's keep this from dying!

Zero_Blazer
Class A Shinki

Post by Zero_Blazer » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:26 pm

My drive is dying. T_T I haven't updated the thing in a week I think. Caterwaul's still updating the thing, which is great. Doesn't help school is starting in a week.

blade_anime
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: All of mine

Post by blade_anime » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:52 pm

I've noticed that the character pages at least are getting updated. While the text from the Shinki.net character pages would be neat, they aren't nescessary, so if somebody wants to put them in they can, but they don't have to. By the way, whoever did Eucrante's page did an astounding job. We need more pages like this, but the pages simply linking to the Shinki.NET character page and giving Trivia and a list of the Shinki's equipment are great for the moment, so whoever's doing those should keep it up. If I get the time, I might start copying over the item pages from the Japanese wiki. But that's unlikely.