Wave 8 - Repaints Confirmed

Upcoming releases, past releases, news related to Busou Shinki & MMS

Moderator: Caterwaul

Vocaloid
Class C Shinki

Re: Wave 9 Repaints Confirmed!

Post by Vocaloid » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:56 pm

rantinan wrote:Pls to not be talking about things you not be knowing vocaloid.

Bandai's giant gundam thing was a 30th annaversery thing thats been in progress for the better part of ohh, 3 years now.

They have less new kits announced this year than in any time in the last 10 years, and what "new" kits are showing frequently re use whole sprues of older kits (the EWAC ZAK for example would have cost less than 1/2 the price of a new kit to develop, but is sold at a price point well in excess of the HIZAK it was based off, or all those versions of the ahead from seed, which are at heart major modifications of last years' enact custom or the HI NU or HWS NU both of which reuse the entire Nu gundam)
Also Bandai's use of vaccum metalized parts and ABS in kits has plumeted.

Tomy takara has outright cancelled the zoids rebirth lines with a sever releases and new zoids completed, announced and now to be unreleased

Zee japanese toy companies are undoubtedly doin it hard right now. But they are also doin it smart, so when times are better we can still get cool stuff.
First.

I have not accused, assumed, tried to state anything as a fact or proclaimed to know anything about Konami or their business.
Vocaloid wrote:I can understand what you're saying. It doesn't seem like the Japanese are suffering much from the giant robot spider or that huge gundam they made though. But I don't know about their current situation with the economy.
What am I talking about that I don't know? What am I trying to pass by as fact or truth?

Second.

Am I not allowed to be disappointed with all these repaints? Am I not allowed to want wave 11 to just come out already? Are opinions forbidden here?

Third.

I can't even understand what you are remotely trying to say in all the rest of that.

Zyrdarya
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 10
MMS owned: 6
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Zyrdarya

Re: Wave 9 Repaints upcoming?

Post by Zyrdarya » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:08 pm

Vocaloid wrote:To be honest I'd consider buying a Zyrdarya, Vespelio and Graffias repaint.
Zyrdarya would rock!

rantinan, did you only read the first line before replying or something? Vocaloid plainly said "But I don't know about their current situation with the economy." lol.

rantinan
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 100
MMS owned: 17
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Every Straf

Post by rantinan » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:33 pm

What was i going on about:
Physical proof that the two biggest japanese toy companies are reducing costs and attempting to maximise profits rather than punch out new things. Yes you can be disappointed with Konami. That is your perogative.

Meanwhile I expect Konami to do things that make business sense. Like cranking out repaints, rather than breaking in new moulds with all the associated costs.

The difference here I guess is that oh, I talk to distributors in Australia and Hong Kong both, and attempt to understand the business of toys, rather than just pitching a fit and declaring this month's favourite flavour a "winner" when there are delays on a release schedule.

Vocaloid
Class C Shinki

Post by Vocaloid » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:18 am

rantinan wrote:What was i going on about:
Physical proof that the two biggest japanese toy companies are reducing costs and attempting to maximise profits rather than punch out new things. Yes you can be disappointed with Konami. That is your perogative.

The difference here I guess is that oh, I talk to distributors in Australia and Hong Kong both, and attempt to understand the business of toys, rather than just pitching a fit and declaring this month's favourite flavour a "winner" when there are delays on a release schedule.
Max factory just punched out a crap load of new Figmas at the Wonderfest, even some that are suppose to be a secret like figma Reimu. I'd have to say Good Smile Company is one of the biggest Japanese toy companies, as well as those right under them, like Max Factory. What are you talking about? I wouldn't put Konami up there with all of that really.

That's fabulous to know.

Is it really needed to continue this pointless argument and flaming? I DID stop posting when it wasn't necessary to continue it. Do we have to keep dragging this out?

I make one comment about how it seems Fimga is destroying Busou Shinki in the toy line and then it's "Vocaloid is mad at Konami and insulted them lets gang bang her and every post she makes"?

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:06 am

Most of those Figma are from series that the otaku are crazy about and would sell no matter what condition the economy was in. And even if they're releasing more figures, that's irrelevant, as there's no competition between the two lines.

As to Rant, he's not trying to say you're wrong, or attack you, he's just trying to explain why Konami is doing things the way they are, the same as I was doing. I apologize for myself if it seemed like I was trying to attack you, but that's not the case.

...let's see, release schedule: Shinki waves usually come out staggered with three or four month gaps between waves, with occasional lesser gaps. The last wave, Partio and Pomock, was released at the end of February. This means we're only a month past the average. However, the span between Wave 7, Ach and Yda, and wave 8, Murmeltier and Asuka, was also five months, so this sort of gap between releases is not unheard of. :3

Vocaloid
Class C Shinki

Post by Vocaloid » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:22 am

Xehn wrote:Most of those Figma are from series that the otaku are crazy about and would sell no matter what condition the economy was in. And even if they're releasing more figures, that's irrelevant, as there's no competition between the two lines.

As to Rant, he's not trying to say you're wrong, or attack you, he's just trying to explain why Konami is doing things the way they are, the same as I was doing. I apologize for myself if it seemed like I was trying to attack you, but that's not the case.

...let's see, release schedule: Shinki waves usually come out staggered with three or four month gaps between waves, with occasional lesser gaps. The last wave, Partio and Pomock, was released at the end of February. This means we're only a month past the average. However, the span between Wave 7, Ach and Yda, and wave 8, Murmeltier and Asuka, was also five months, so this sort of gap between releases is not unheard of. :3
I understand and you're right. I guess I just didn't understand what rantinan was trying to say, well the first time. And I also apologize. I didn't mean to come off as a temper tantrum throwing child, I've just been stressed and bored due to medical issues. New shinkis were always something to look forward too, especially wave 11. I guess the only thing I can do is just wait and see U.U And thanks for the gap explanation, it never occurred to me to even think of that.

Xehn
Kamen Adminder

Post by Xehn » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:42 am

'New Shinki'... Well, I'm positive those physical versions of the Asuka and Murmeltier are customs, and not proof of an official release. They're fully painted, even the eyes are hand-painted.

Maou Zenigame
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 14
MMS owned: 3

Post by Maou Zenigame » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:16 am

The pictures are of customs, done by Amber. (I'm pretty surprised that she's getting steady work from Dengeki...)

If nothing else, Konami will do another "preorder limit" thing like they did with Fubuki, where they'll announce that they'll put out a real version if/when a pre-existing limit is met.

No real worries, I'm sure that they'll do one eventually.
Got any Shinki codes you're not going to use? Then why not throw them my way? :3

Xehn
Kamen Adminder

Post by Xehn » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:16 am

There, see? Our answer! \o/

Pyaamon
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 22
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio/ Arnval 2

Post by Pyaamon » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:31 am

That would make sense...actually, I wonder how the cradle preorders are going?

Amber does some brilliant work.