And So It Begins (Kotobukiya Busou Shinki)

Upcoming releases, past releases, news related to Busou Shinki & MMS

Moderator: Caterwaul

star
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Re: And So It Begins (Kotobukiya Busou Shinki)

Post by star » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:41 pm

Saw this the other night and thought "hmm that looks like the Arnval body" http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail ... page=rt_11 Actually the Megami Device line seems to have a similar body type. I know that "busou" means armored but it also mentions a "busou" mode XD I know, random and not related but still sparked the idea it might be a tie in since it seems to be the same body type and theme. Also the chest seems to peg on the same way and there's something stylistic I can't shake in the face. I don't know if anyone has posted this already so I hope it's news >.<

I really need a new profile pic too...I drew that in the 8th grade...that was like 10 years ago >.>

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper
Shinkis owned: 32
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Space Shuttle Arnval

Post by halconfenix » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:25 am

https://twitter.com/chromless/status/833136029175459840

if anyone has better "news" than that...

Klinkin
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Klinkin » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:07 am

star wrote:Saw this the other night and thought "hmm that looks like the Arnval body" http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail ... page=rt_11 Actually the Megami Device line seems to have a similar body type. I know that "busou" means armored but it also mentions a "busou" mode XD I know, random and not related but still sparked the idea it might be a tie in since it seems to be the same body type and theme. Also the chest seems to peg on the same way and there's something stylistic I can't shake in the face. I don't know if anyone has posted this already so I hope it's news >.<
It's not really news at this point; we've known since the Megami Device line was announced that it was using the same APSY Machineca body as the new Busou Shinki kits. The MDs are now in full swing, with one wave already released, the second wave up for preorder, and the third wave designed and present at WonFes Winter 2017 as resin protos. Koto's brought its production cycle up to speed on them, which does raise the question of why, as Halcon pointed out, Arnval and Strarf are still the same they've been for the past three WonFeses; my money's on IP issues, whereas Kotobukiya owns both the MD and FA Girl IPs and can keep churning them out–and now add the Cross Frame series to boot.

Poor collector
MMS Naked

Post by Poor collector » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:29 am

Xehn wrote:
Poor collector wrote:Who is CHOCO :question:
This is somewhat of an amusing question to have asked in this setting, but:

Choco is the designer for Ach, Yda, Sharatang, and Baby Razz.
Thank you, I knew they were different people who desgined Busou Shinkis, but I didn't know/remember specific names.
Klinkin wrote:It's not really news at this point; we've known since the Megami Device line was announced that it was using the same APSY Machineca body as the new Busou Shinki kits. The MDs are now in full swing, with one wave already released, the second wave up for preorder, and the third wave designed and present at WonFes Winter 2017 as resin protos. Koto's brought its production cycle up to speed on them, which does raise the question of why, as Halcon pointed out, Arnval and Strarf are still the same they've been for the past three WonFeses; my money's on IP issues, whereas Kotobukiya owns both the MD and FA Girl IPs and can keep churning them out–and now add the Cross Frame series to boot.
Let's think about for a minute, Frame Arms Girls and Megami Device are already two similar lines, so why would they add another line like that which may bite in the profits of the others?! The only logical conclusion is to make Busou Shinki line as a regular action figure line for those who aren't familiar with model kits or dislike them and I think they actually went to this road, as I suddenly noticed the new Arnval and Straf have pins in their arms which the previous ones who were shown didn't have and the Megami Device line doesn't have. Don't be sour guys, I think will be getting again ACTION FIGURE BUSOU SHINKI line:D! Just be patient^^.
http://metzotza.blogspot.co.il - Toy reviews in Hebrew, one may use google translate.

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper

Post by halconfenix » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:43 pm

Poor collector wrote: Let's think about for a minute, Frame Arms Girls and Megami Device are already two similar lines, so why would they add another line like that which may bite in the profits of the others?! The only logical conclusion is to make Busou Shinki line as a regular action figure line for those who aren't familiar with model kits or dislike them and I think they actually went to this road, as I suddenly noticed the new Arnval and Straf have pins in their arms which the previous ones who were shown didn't have and the Megami Device line doesn't have. Don't be sour guys, I think will be getting again ACTION FIGURE BUSOU SHINKI line:D! Just be patient^^.

just checked the twitter pics again... and you might be right!

still is taking quite some time for koto to do anything with the shinki IP (maybe konami is still a moron or koto is taking things a bit too slowly)

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:35 am

I don't mean to burst any bubbles... but check the pictures of the arnval proto in the first post. That's from when they initially showed up. That arnval has elbow rivet detailing, though she seems to be missing the shoulder ones.

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper

Post by halconfenix » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:29 pm

... as i though....

in any case all we can do is wait until proper news come out.

Poor collector
MMS Naked

Post by Poor collector » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:51 am

Xehn wrote:I don't mean to burst any bubbles... but check the pictures of the arnval proto in the first post. That's from when they initially showed up. That arnval has elbow rivet detailing, though she seems to be missing the shoulder ones.
Yeah, you right. Also, I checked 2016 Wonfes and Arnval had then the added pins in the shouldres, but this time her pose is more dynamic which still makes me think they working on an actual action figure and not model kit...

halconfenix wrote:... as i though....

in any case all we can do is wait until proper news come out.
We can also try to speculate^^ in the mean time, there's nothing wrong with that.
http://metzotza.blogspot.co.il - Toy reviews in Hebrew, one may use google translate.

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper

Post by halconfenix » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:36 pm

just stumbled upon this... sadly is from 2015 but it looked like back then was a tranche version of prototype koto-arnval

https://www.inside-games.jp/article/201 ... 91594.html

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper

Post by halconfenix » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:23 am