And So It Begins (Kotobukiya Busou Shinki)

Upcoming releases, past releases, news related to Busou Shinki & MMS

Moderator: Caterwaul

Adventwings
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 11
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Re: And So It Begins (Kotobukiya Busou Shinki)

Post by Adventwings » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:13 pm

Damage to wallet confirmed: I am so getting the new Arnval and Strarf, just so I can compare the two of them side by side. I'm glad I got the original versions when I had the chance.
<<Should you fail, try and try again.>>

Klinkin
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Klinkin » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:05 pm

halconfenix wrote:the only thing i hope is that even if they end up as kits, we dont have to deal with face /head/hair painting, and stickers. the rest i can handle.
Like CI said, Koto's generally pretty good about that stuff. If the RAcaseal kits and Frame Arm Girls are anything to go by, expect hair molded in color, prepainted faces (or at least eyes, if the eyes come on a separate piece from the face), possible prepainted base body pieces, and good color separation, with likely waterslide decals (if Fumikane had anything to do with the kit, expect your choice of pantsu decals. I am unfortunately not kidding.) if you want a bit more detail. I don't think I've ever seen a Koto kit with stickers or dry decals, now that I think about it.

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:45 pm

HMM Zoids had stickers up until Liger Zero. Then they only came with waterslides (booooooooo)

ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki
MMS owned: 11
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Noire, Ayu and Yuuko

Post by ZeroEdge » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:46 am

Looks like my Busou Shinki mods haven't come to an end, and I'll finally get an Arnval! When she comes out, I'm coming back out of retirement (as if I quit, lol) and reviving my Show and Tell thread.

I've just completed modding my Frame Arms Girl - Gourai, and looking forward to continuing the line.

Thank you, Kotobukiya!

oOnyaOo
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 14
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling and Partio

Post by oOnyaOo » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:13 pm

I'm so beyond excited! Both for new shinkis and more ZeroEdge modding goodness!

Though I do wonder if it's going to be Strarf and Arnval then new designs or Starf and Arnval and then the most popular shinki designs. Will biker shinkis happen?? SO MANY QUESTIONS! And I'm excited to have them answered hopefully soon.
Avalon Jane
| My Flickr | My Tumblr | My Facebook |
Keep Moving Forward

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:40 pm

oOnyaOo wrote:I'm so beyond excited! Both for new shinkis and more ZeroEdge modding goodness!

Though I do wonder if it's going to be Strarf and Arnval then new designs or Starf and Arnval and then the most popular shinki designs. Will biker shinkis happen?? SO MANY QUESTIONS! And I'm excited to have them answered hopefully soon.
the only comparison I can really make is their HMM Zoids kits... They haven't done any original designs, but they HAVE done original colors/individual weapons... but the HMM Zoids line is based on the idea of "high-end super detailed versions of old designs"... compared to the Arnval prototype, whose armor is nearly unchanged. So... who knows?
I'm hoping after Arnval/Strarf they'll do Jill and Estoril simply because the hype for those two is intense. But it all depends on the terms of the license, I suppose. It's simply a waiting game.

ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki
MMS owned: 11
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Noire, Ayu and Yuuko

Post by ZeroEdge » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:25 am

oOnyaOo wrote:I'm so beyond excited! Both for new shinkis and more ZeroEdge modding goodness!
Thanks, lol.

On another note, looking at the thigh joints closely they seem to resemble the same joints used on Frame Arms Girl and the RAcaseal series. Looks like none of the trademark sliding thigh joints for us... but I can't be sure until more details come out.

Me and the girls are stoked, especially Noire... she's looking forward to fighting an Arnval and she finally might get a chance. :cheesygrin:

Stanisburgh
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 49

Post by Stanisburgh » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:36 pm

ZeroEdge wrote:
Thanks, lol.

On another note, looking at the thigh joints closely they seem to resemble the same joints used on Frame Arms Girl and the RAcaseal series. Looks like none of the trademark sliding thigh joints for us... but I can't be sure until more details come out.

Me and the girls are stoked, especially Noire... she's looking forward to fighting an Arnval and she finally might get a chance. :cheesygrin:
From what I saw on stage during the conference, there's a bit of slide-out, but that functionality has been moved over to that new ab-crunch joint. I'm not against it.

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper
Shinkis owned: 32
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Space Shuttle Arnval

Post by halconfenix » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:28 pm

Stanisburgh wrote:From what I saw on stage during the conference
wait... you were there?

Kirie
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2

Post by Kirie » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:50 am

Asa's blog: http://apsy.blog.shinobi.jp/information ... F%E3%80%82

Correct me if I'm wrong.

> First wave is Arnval, second wave is Strarf
Maybe not launched in pairs like Konami's Busou Shinki

> planned to release all the girls already released previously
Seems like Estoril and Jill Rivers will keep their MYTH status a bit longer ?

> body will use Busou Shinki customized Machineca body exclusive to Kotobukiya. Done by FA:G's designer. Will be made in China (Asai's Machineca is made in Japan).

> Machineca will be supplied to hobby makers for customizing. He had been contacted and is still making the terms for supplying.
None said about making Machineca available to mass production. So maybe just horde the Material body for blanks.

> Although they cooperated with Kotobukiya to make the Megami Device, it's still conceptually a garage kit and there's no plan of making it into a commercial product.