Moderator: Caterwaul

star
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Re: Arnval and Strarf MK 2 Repaints

Post by star » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:02 pm

Xehn wrote:I dunno. It's really easy to speculate, and this rumor does have credence: In the animation intro to Battle Masters MkII, you can see MkIIs in the original colors... with the new bits the repaints come with.

Edit:
AND PAID FOR. Awesome box of awesome WILL BE MINE.
not all the extra parts are shone in the animation, arnval only has the wings and strarf only has the gun and possible(hard to tell) the head gear as well

Sonja
Class S Shinki

Post by Sonja » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:47 am

Hey, Konami? No Battle Rondo code. This isn't cool.
The original MKIIs are in the game, would it KILL you to put recolored models in? I'm severely disappointed with this. =( I don't expect to see many codes anymore, but this figure's already in! It's a simple re-texture.

Cheapskates..

shizen22
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 25
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Renge

Post by shizen22 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:35 am

I believe there hasn't been any codes since Renge & Gabrine. It seems they've stopped giving them altogether.

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:16 am

I'm not bothered by a lack of code. What I AM bothered with, though, are the fact Tempesta's hands are made of... I dunno, cheaper feeling material. They're all popping off the wrist joints. =\

v2gundam
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 19
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Post by v2gundam » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:25 am

Xehn wrote:I'm not bothered by a lack of code. What I AM bothered with, though, are the fact Tempesta's hands are made of... I dunno, cheaper feeling material. They're all popping off the wrist joints. =\
Really? That's odd, because mine seems to be very secure, especially with the "armored" arm pieces....

Overall I'm very happy with it. I haven't bought any "full armor" set for a while, so it feels very nice to have a set that got so much parts that I don't know where to begin.

Mikuo_Hatsune
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 163
MMS owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Murmeltier

Post by Mikuo_Hatsune » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:27 am

codes don't really matter , my Shinkis are fine , no mishaps with anything really

love my Tempesta and Lavina , adorable things
Don't Follow Me On Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/ODST813

persocomsan
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 41
MMS owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altines/Valona

Post by persocomsan » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:26 am

Like Sonja, I'm one of the people who would actually like codes to come with the girls, and would like to give Konami a piece of my mind, but there's nothing we can do about it. I still play Battle Rondo almost daily so it can't be helped (even though I have 30 girls in-game more is never too much). After all, it was the figure + game counterpart idea that got me into Busou Shinki in the first place, as it's something unique about them compared to say, a Figma. I think they turned out great, might actually use those spacers on the wrists for them though because they're pretty tight. Can't figure out which I like more, so they're equals. Really digging both their non-armored bodies though, the extra details are very cool. Anyone have tips on how to keep Arnval's armored oppai in place (in the front) though? Sometimes these MMS 3rd wrap around pieces don't like to stay put.

shizen22
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 25
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Renge

Post by shizen22 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:18 am

Xehn wrote:I'm not bothered by a lack of code. What I AM bothered with, though, are the fact Tempesta's hands are made of... I dunno, cheaper feeling material. They're all popping off the wrist joints. =\
I thought Shinki hands were always like that. :P

MaidenLili
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Graffias

Post by MaidenLili » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:52 pm

Seconded on both the codes and, to a lesser extent, on the hands. I was really hoping these two would come with BR access, even if that idea seems to be falling by the wayside lately. I guess Konami has a lot of backlog there, alas.

As for the hands, though. It's true that all the shinki hands I've ever worked with have a tendency to get loose at the wrist hinge due to the flexible material, but the more recent ones seem even softer than before. I had thought initially that it might be a room temperature issue, but I'm thinking it's more just variance in material tolerances. My Mary Celes's hands are pretty wobbly there, but Tempesta is quite solid. Given that, I kinda wish they'd just lengthen the little 'pins' that connect the hand to the wrist. They're more like 'nubs' as is, but if they actually extended further into the holes in the hand pieces it might be more secure.

Ehehe, I'm too chicken to try re-pinning one m'self, of course.

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:30 am

Well, regardless of a minor hand issue, I don't regret getting these two at all. I certainly <3 the both of them.