Moderator: Caterwaul

Chalkred
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 11
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: probably Gabrine

Re: Arnval and Strarf MK 2 Repaints

Post by Chalkred » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:48 am

a new chance to get an mk strarf huh? ...i really dislike this color theme on strarf so i skipped before, but getting it in good black is not going to happen. So i might just break and get the lavina. Tempesta, i recommend- wont update for the new parts alone, but you better take your chance- ; )

Edit: ah, the pricetag. *No, i really dont like lavina enough.

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper
Shinkis owned: 32
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Space Shuttle Arnval

Post by halconfenix » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:59 am

preorders are up on HLJ...

http://www.hlj.com/product/KNM15962
http://www.hlj.com/product/KNM15963

i already preordered but even with the discount 7200 yen each is a KILLAH!

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 47
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

Post by Shiaoran » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:59 pm

halconfenix wrote:preorders are up on HLJ...

http://www.hlj.com/product/KNM15962
http://www.hlj.com/product/KNM15963

i already preordered but even with the discount 7200 yen each is a KILLAH!
AmiAmi has them for 6380 Yen each ;)

http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=english& ... splay.html
http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=english& ... splay.html

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper
Shinkis owned: 32
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Space Shuttle Arnval

Post by halconfenix » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:35 pm

thanks! but... amiami requires paypal.... and paypal doesnt work on my side so.....

star
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Post by star » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:37 pm

i hope these are better quality than the mk2 remakes, my strarf mk2 remake's sword handle bent while i was gently and carefully putting it in her hand! and if you pry the hand open, it leaves stretch marks! but i still need to get a lavina so im thinking about this one, with her school girls atire and gauntlet, she is becomeing iresistable

arhra
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 38
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altines

Post by arhra » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:11 am

star wrote:i hope these are better quality than the mk2 remakes, my strarf mk2 remake's sword handle bent while i was gently and carefully putting it in her hand! and if you pry the hand open, it leaves stretch marks!
I've never seen anyone else complain of issues like that (for any version of the moulds, all of which have the same swords for Strarf), and I've never had a problem like that with my Lavina, or my new Strarf, so I think you either suffered an isolated QC issue (tiny air pocket leaving a void inside the handle, maybe), or weren't being quite as gentle and careful as you think. I'm not even sure exactly what you mean with the other part, but "pry[ing] the hand open" sounds like a bad idea no matter what you're talking about.

Now if you'd said Full Arms Arnval's new BFS part, I'd probably have agreed; the handle part for that feels dangerously thin. Shouldn't be an issue if handled with care, but I can definitely see someone accidentally applying too much force and damaging it (or it getting damaged id she shelf-dives with it equipped, etc).

Either way, the recolours are almost certainly going to be exactly the same as the Full Arms Mk2s, with the only differences being the colour of the plastic they're moulded in and the paint apps, so any questionable design choices/bits likely to cause QC issues/etc will be carried over.

rubixbox
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 4
Favorite MMS/Shinki: You mean owned or..?

Post by rubixbox » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:02 pm

Okay, while I like the MK II Repaints and the Full Arms Package extra parts, I don't like that Tempesta and Ravina are getting Full Arms Package sets as well. Partially because I believe that they should have a slightly different look to Arnval and Strarf, and partially because the growing amount of Shinkis I can't afford is starting to make me feel sad. :sad:

shizen22
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 25
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Renge

Post by shizen22 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:32 pm

rubixbox wrote:Okay, while I like the MK II Repaints and the Full Arms Package extra parts, I don't like that Tempesta and Ravina are getting Full Arms Package sets as well. Partially because I believe that they should have a slightly different look to Arnval and Strarf, and partially because the growing amount of Shinkis I can't afford is starting to make me feel sad. :sad:
1) Nobody's forcing you to buy the repaints. If you don't like them, just pass.

2) I don't see how having fewer pieces is supposed to give the repaints a different look from the original. If anything, having more pieces will give you more options in giving Tempest and Ravina their own look.

3) The important thing is that Konami gave people who aren't interested in Battle Masters Mk2 the option of getting the Full Arms Package, albeit as repaints. It's a win-win situation, really.

4) A good remedy for wanting what you can't get is to enjoy what you have. You haven't played with your Shinki(s) enough. Take them out and play with them, take pictures of them, make silly photocomics featuring them. You'll fall in love with them again before you know it.

oOnyaOo
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 14
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling and Partio

Post by oOnyaOo » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:34 pm

shizen22 wrote:A good remedy for wanting what you can't get is to enjoy what you have. You haven't played with your Shinki(s) enough. Take them out and play with them, take pictures of them, make silly photocomics featuring them. You'll fall in love with them again before you know it.
This is brilliant advice. It can be applied to so much and it's so true. C=
Avalon Jane
| My Flickr | My Tumblr | My Facebook |
Keep Moving Forward

star
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Post by star » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:41 pm

arhra wrote: I've never seen anyone else complain of issues like that (for any version of the moulds, all of which have the same swords for Strarf), and I've never had a problem like that with my Lavina, or my new Strarf, so I think you either suffered an isolated QC issue (tiny air pocket leaving a void inside the handle, maybe), or weren't being quite as gentle and careful as you think. I'm not even sure exactly what you mean with the other part, but "pry[ing] the hand open" sounds like a bad idea no matter what you're talking about.

Now if you'd said Full Arms Arnval's new BFS part, I'd probably have agreed; the handle part for that feels dangerously thin. Shouldn't be an issue if handled with care, but I can definitely see someone accidentally applying too much force and damaging it (or it getting damaged id she shelf-dives with it equipped, etc).

Either way, the recolours are almost certainly going to be exactly the same as the Full Arms Mk2s, with the only differences being the colour of the plastic they're moulded in and the paint apps, so any questionable design choices/bits likely to cause QC issues/etc will be carried over.
what i meant by prying the hand open was makeing the hand hold the weapon while pegged into the arm, and also to slid fragile weapons in, strarf's sword handle felt about equally fragile to arnval's new sword handle, i actually use the open hands to hold most pegged in weapons to avoid this problem but strarf's smaller long sword has no wrist connection so i was slideing it into her hand from the top carefully but her hand was hard and the sword bent with very little actual force used, like bending a piece of rubber