Wave 16- Oorbellen and Zielbellen

Upcoming releases, past releases, news related to Busou Shinki & MMS

Moderator: Caterwaul

Aefils
Class S Shinki

Re: New Shinki Allbern

Post by Aefils » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:57 pm

Xehn wrote:Konami has decided to make an official release.
I see, so they are confirmed 100% now? They look a little MMS1-ish.

Polenicus
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 23
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by Polenicus » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:12 pm

Xehn wrote:I'll repeat this just to stave off any newer visitors to this post having an incorrect belief:

These shinki are not designs by Amber. Amber did customs of an old design Fumikane drew up back in '08, which were made into resin kits. It's just that now, for some reason, Konami has decided to make an official release.

This means that they couldn't have used the names Odette and Odile, as I believe those were names Amber gave them herself.
So some serious mileage is being gotten out of these designs.

First, the design is snagged by Amber for some customs and resin kits.

Then the design is spliced with Vic Viper and the OO Gundam to produce Arnval Mk II

THEN Konami goes back to the original design, and decides to produce it in its original form.

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:21 pm

Actually, this isn't the original form. There are a couple minor differences between them, the first being MMS3rd bodies instead of MMS1st. The second that I've noticed are the unique wings on the back (whereas Amber's custom/the resin kits had identical wings).

Aefils
Class S Shinki

Post by Aefils » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:45 pm

Guess it's not official then. Or at least as official as Altrene was 23423423 years ago.

Xehn
Kamen Adminder

Post by Xehn » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:14 am

Not sure what you mean. These two samples on display between WF and KS Store are official, and have cards implying they're being released, but do not have a price or date listed.

The original design was just a concept. Considering how much Strarf and Arnval deviated from the original concepts, these have barely changed at all... but the changes are still there.

Aefils
Class S Shinki

Post by Aefils » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:20 am

Xehn wrote:Not sure what you mean. These two samples on display between WF and KS Store are official, and have cards implying they're being released, but do not have a price or date listed.
Official as in 100% going to be released by Konami. (Probably the same way Altrene was). Is what I was asking.

They seem almost exact, is Konami going to change either of them a little I wonder?

Xehn
Kamen Adminder

Post by Xehn » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:53 am

Well, at this point in time, they're in that weird nebulous state that Altlene was in, when she was showing up finished, but still didn't have any sort of release information available...

...what makes this strange is if they were doing some sort of display "we've gone from this, to this" they'd have had his original sketches on display as well...

So at this point, who knows? I'm placing my bets on a standard, nonlimited release because of the fact that their cards don't say anything about a limited release, while Viola and Rosso's do...

Aefils
Class S Shinki

Post by Aefils » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:50 am

Xehn wrote:Well, at this point in time, they're in that weird nebulous state that Altlene was in, when she was showing up finished, but still didn't have any sort of release information available...

...what makes this strange is if they were doing some sort of display "we've gone from this, to this" they'd have had his original sketches on display as well...

So at this point, who knows? I'm placing my bets on a standard, nonlimited release because of the fact that their cards don't say anything about a limited release, while Viola and Rosso's do...
Thanks, that's the answer I was looking for =p

Pyaamon
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 22
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio/ Arnval 2

Post by Pyaamon » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:47 am

Oh, sweet, that means I won't have to lop off my other arm and a leg to pay for them! Maybe. 'General release' might still mean 'Konamistyle shop only, haha'

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:59 am

Aefils wrote:Official as in 100% going to be released by Konami. (Probably the same way Altrene was). Is what I was asking.

They seem almost exact, is Konami going to change either of them a little I wonder?
There's enough difference between the two that I dont think the similarity it to much of an issue. There's more of a difference between Altine and Altrene in any case.