Moderator: Caterwaul

Chalkred
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 11
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: probably Gabrine

Re: Light armor Wave 6? - Eagle and Mountain Cat

Post by Chalkred » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:56 pm

i dont like them at all. blocky-reminds me of the bug sisters.

Hylian Pirate
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 31
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Post by Hylian Pirate » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:56 pm

Chalkred wrote:i dont like them at all. blocky-reminds me of the bug sisters.
I... think you might be in the minority in not liking the beetle girls... Lancamento and Espadia are easily two of my faves.

star
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Post by star » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:16 pm

Hylian Pirate wrote:
I... think you might be in the minority in not liking the beetle girls... Lancamento and Espadia are easily two of my faves.
the bug girls arent my faves either, their hair is a huge turn off for me, espadia's is to borring and makes all of her look boring and espadia's is just to far of to the sides and not layed well, it sticks off to far there, and her ponytail is to short, although id still like to own them, these new girls here are actually realy nice and well done, allthough the pink is blinding, maybe red or tan would look ok on her though

pyroko
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 12
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Murmeltier

Post by pyroko » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:40 am

Hylian Pirate wrote:
yeah that.

Aefils
Class S Shinki

Post by Aefils » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:42 am

Yeah, I don't like that either. Plus the colors are extreme, like the beetle set and I HATED the beetles.

Kunoichi
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 7
MMS owned: 9
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka,Yda,Strarf

Post by Kunoichi » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:48 am

I don't like beetle girls :P and this new set I dont know...a bit boring I think, but I need to see more pics to decide

Polenicus
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 23
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by Polenicus » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:16 am

star wrote:
Hylian Pirate wrote:
the bug girls arent my faves either, their hair is a huge turn off for me, espadia's is to borring and makes all of her look boring and espadia's is just to far of to the sides and not layed well, it sticks off to far there, and her ponytail is to short, although id still like to own them, these new girls here are actually realy nice and well done, allthough the pink is blinding, maybe red or tan would look ok on her though
The Beetle Girls tend to polarize people. Either you love them to bits, or you're completely 'meh' about them.

I think it's got to do with their blend of really awesome ideas and design elements with some bland or plain bad ones. They do the specialization thing extremely well: Espadia has multiple swords, which look like swords and not 'bits and pieces with sharp edges that might be swords if you use your imagination', and she looks like the sort who would be a good melee fighter. Lancemento has a pleasing array of guns and missiles, enough to make Fort Bragg seem positively wimpy, and her overall aesthetic is very heavily armored, and evocative of a walking tank. The combined robot is a nice bonus, but it really shouldn't be a deciding factor, whether you like it or not as it's wholly optional and tertiary.

But then comes the bad. Their face sculpts are bland and limited, with Espadia being the worst, as it's difficult to even tell the difference between her two faces unless you peer closely. Also, giving your melee fighter feet that are essentially completely unworkable is a bit of a dick move, especially since there's nothing in ANY of the modes that requires they be like that. Lancemento's boob fin is just... bizarre.

Some people don't like obvious animal aesthetic, and especially not bug-types. Though to be fair, until people were SHOWN the bug modes of the armor, they didn't know they were beetle girls. Still, some flopped from 'must buy' to 'blech, nevah!' over that. :rolleyes:

I like to think they're an example of great technical design (Terrific armor and weaponry) with somewhat bland and uninspired character design.

I can forgive them for that, though.

Hyre
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 11
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Customs

Post by Hyre » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:55 am

These two look rather plain to me...I might get them later if the fanmodes are awesome, but I'm not so interested right now.

star
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Post by star » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:37 pm

hmm, im the kinda person who can hate something on first glance but grow to like it more later on, originally i didnt like yda at all, now i think shes great, and in similarity, i gave the beetle girls a second chance to grow on me and they arent so bad, however the hollow parts annoy me in the armor mode but they have porpose as shown in the hercules mode or bettle modes, they look amazing in reverse color schemes i thought, and the fact that they're beetles doesnt bother me much, beetles are colorfull, and beuatifull in most cases, and the theme of the girl hasn't got much to do with how they look in armored mode does it? i realy dont let the theme bother me much, its only a theme and they actual girl herself doesnt even reflect it much in this case, im just saying that the shinki herself isn't a beetle and wont live under the couch or crawl on you while you sleep so buy these based on substance and not on a theme which is only a word :tsugaru:

persocomsan
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 41
MMS owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altines/Valona

Post by persocomsan » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:30 pm

Hoping Artille kicks some major ass. Just so people who don't like her hate her even more XD (like Schmetterling)