Moderator: Caterwaul

Lockdown72
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 6
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Tigris

Re: Light armor Wave 6? - Eagle and Mountain Cat

Post by Lockdown72 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:25 pm

I love how even in the preorders, we still don't know if they're to be considered full armors or light armors :lol:

Anyways, I suspected Rapitas' helmet closed, but not Artille's. Now that I do, the fact the "up visor" position doesn't look as giant-headed as before to me, and with the visor down I can FINALLY make out those dang ears on the side of her helmet. These new pictures also do make it look clear that what I suspected to be Artille's tail was indeed her tail, although it's a pretty beefy tail at that (the idea she's actually the "Lynx" type now does make it seem a bit better). Still, my want-level for Artille is reaching critical mass, and her Moe appeal (the two open-mouth expressions don't help) is nearly overwhelming as well.

Rapitas...well, I'd probably like her if I got her, but unless I like Artille enough to go that far I'll probably not get Rapitas.

Pyaamon
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 22
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio/ Arnval 2

Post by Pyaamon » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:28 pm

DDDD: Raptias is so similiar, hair style, to the Valona repainttttt I need to think about this. I'm loving Antilles for her grin (she looks so much like Nene from Bubblegum Crisis 2040) but...I AM SO MUCH ON THE FENCE HERE, ARGH.

Why is it that there are some times when I think I have too many, yet I could never get rid of the ones I have, I can only add to them? Ffffff.

I am going to sit in the corner and make sad faces while I try to figure this out.

O2P9
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 6
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by O2P9 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:07 pm

Now I want both. I guess that's what Christmas money is for.

persocomsan
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 41
MMS owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altines/Valona

Post by persocomsan » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:23 pm

yeah I'm 100% convinced now. And I believe I like Artille more between the two. pre-ordering now!

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:45 pm

RAPTIAAAS. *preorder GET* >.>

Polenicus
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 23
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by Polenicus » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:22 pm

Lockdown72 wrote:I love how even in the preorders, we still don't know if they're to be considered full armors or light armors :lol:
Actually, when MMS 3rds were first coming out, wasn't there some word of a proposed 'Medium Armor' classification, between the Heavy Armors and Light Armors?

Because if we compare these two to, say, Albern and Baby Razz respectively, the accessory count and sheer amount of plastic puts them very much dead in-between. Albern's gear is more in line with what we traditionally expect from Light Armors, while the Heavy Armors like Altrene, Strarf & Arnval Mk 2, etc have increased the parts count and complexity from older MMS1st Heavy Armor types.

Regardless, I like these two. They're a nice cohesive package, so both are now pre-ordered.

star
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Re: Light armor Wave 6? - Eagle and Lynx

Post by star » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:41 pm

seeing them both un-armored only makes me want them more, + now i want artille, her signifigant proof of not being loli is what did it for me as im sick of loli characters in this line for now, they have enough at the moment and if color is the issue for you, re-painting them is actually realy fun, like i did on my second ianeira, acrilic paint and plastic safe glaze works well, see my ianeira under star's shinki in show and tell if you dont believe me that it worked incredible

Hylian Pirate
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 31
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Post by Hylian Pirate » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:21 pm

*HI5 Zress*

Definitely preordered both. The sword is absolutely b****in', but I'm perfectly fine with missing out on it in favor of not having to go through a proxy. And Amiami's prices are love.

Something I've noticed about MMS 3rds in general: There is no more "standard" chest piece. Artille illustrates this beautifully by being a "stacked short girl" even unarmored. Likewise, Altlene came with a fuller unarmored piece than the Mark 2s. With the MMS 1st bodies, you could always count on that standard piece being in there, even if girls like Ianeira and Graffias were clearly meant to use their larger counterparts. Now though, it seems like the designers are making the decision for us, instead of letting us choose, which means that no one will have the option of having a more "loli" Artille. I'm OK with this, mind you. I'd rather have the artist's most accurate interpretation on any given figure. It's just an observation...

Can't wait to get them in hand!

NamelessChibi
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 68
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Murmeltier

Post by NamelessChibi » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:47 pm

And I've pre-ordered two of each. This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

Zress Tayasu
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 8
MMS owned: 8
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ach <3

Post by Zress Tayasu » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:28 am

I'd preorder, but... orz, the sorts of things haven't shifted much.

on subject of the bonus sword, maybe I'll just bribe someone into giving it up. /swt
I need to get more buddy-buddy with someone in GLORIUS NIPPON so I can get around proxies or something, maybe. :fubuki:

<.< especially hearing stuff like altrene being sold out in places. going for the repaint would be the reasonable choice, if I could. I'm not one to wait for unpredictable providence like ach and yda recieved, but maybe I'll have no choice?
BUT I DIGRESS.