Moderator: Caterwaul

Benio
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 61
MMS owned: 0

Re: Wave 15 - Centaur and Tentacles

Post by Benio » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:32 pm

Deviant Anomaly wrote:
shizumanagi wrote:Mine lost in limbo according to the tracking. Hopefully I get it by/during next week.
Good grief. The Postal Service is failing miserably with this wave. My set has officially been declared MIA. Thank god I chose EMS service which is insured in the event of loss. So I have to go through the claims process now in the hopes of recouping some of the cost. In the meantime, I ordered another set and had AmiAmi ship it to my work place. *crossing fingers tightly*
Hopefully both of you will get your figures soon.

Edit:
Deviant Anomaly wrote:I knew this would happen. I arrived home today to find a message on my answering machine from the Post Office. My first set was mysteriously returned to them today. So its now waiting for me to pick it up. Meanwhile I'm waiting for shipment confirmation on the second set I ordered from AmiAmi last night. :rolleyes:
At least these two figures are worth all of the trouble you are going thru...

star
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Post by star » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:57 pm

Benio wrote:isn't the hole on the back of Proxima's helmet supposed to be only for her hair piece? The hole looks way too small for the horns to fit.
the hole in the back of her helmit that holds the visor on is what im talking about, no hair fits into that little hole in the back of the helmit, and neiter did the visor until i fixed the hole with a probe, to which i ended un stabbing my self with accidentally while working, however, right after that the helmit finally worked, LOL all it takes is blood and sweat to get a job done right? LOL

Deviant Anomaly
Official Tally Keeper
Shinkis owned: 31
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Gabrine

Post by Deviant Anomaly » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:34 am

Benio wrote:At least these two figures are worth all of the trouble you are going thru...
Glad to hear it because I might wind up with two sets shortly. LOL I know they don't like to cancel orders, but I emailed AmiAmi tonight and explained the situation. I figured it couldn't hurt.

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:38 pm

I gots my Proxima and... wow. I am impressed. She doesn't have very much in the way of parts, but wow, does she know how to use what she's got. I love her armored form.

Her joints are really solid. Nice and tight, and not in a scary way. Her weapons are extremely versatile, and her hair's molding issues really don't look that bad in person.

ngusano
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: yoko mms

Post by ngusano » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:43 pm

Today I had the time to open my Proxima, and I feel little disappointed for the first time; the plastic and the paint looks cheap... Is fine to have cheap plastic and bad painting in figures like hasbro`s marvel legends, but in a busou shinki with tag price of 4,320 yen... :vitulus:

Benio
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 61

Post by Benio » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:38 pm

Deviant Anomaly wrote:
Benio wrote:At least these two figures are worth all of the trouble you are going thru...
Glad to hear it because I might wind up with two sets shortly. LOL I know they don't like to cancel orders, but I emailed AmiAmi tonight and explained the situation. I figured it couldn't hurt.
If they won't cancel the figures then you will at least be able to make all of Tommy2leung's Mary Celes two figure customs...

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:16 am

I'm not going to seek it out, but I wouldnt have minded getting a 2nd Mary for the extra tentacly option.

shizumanagi
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 22
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ravina

Post by shizumanagi » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:18 pm

After no updates in tracking, it finally updated with a noticed left on Saturday. Just picked it a few minutes ago. O___O

Deviant Anomaly
Official Tally Keeper
Shinkis owned: 31
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Gabrine

Post by Deviant Anomaly » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:36 pm

Benio wrote:If they won't cancel the figures then you will at least be able to make all of Tommy2leung's Mary Celes two figure customs...
True. Although I don't tend use the armor. Don't have the room to display them in it.

Quality-wise, I have no qualms with the first set. Paint quality is good and no joint issues. Proxima is perfect. Maryceles' standard chestpiece is extra soft requiring some care removing it and where her leg pegs together at the thigh on the left side is loose. Yet easy to deal with.

ngusano
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: yoko mms

Post by ngusano » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:36 pm

Deviant Anomaly wrote:Quality-wise, I have no qualms with the first set. Paint quality is good and no joint issues. Proxima is perfect.
I like the figure to, but I feel that konami is downgrading the quality, so the quality is not in accord with the price. And, pluss, the figure does not have battle rondo code... May be konami will leave the new figures for the following psp games only...

There is a comparation:

The red pice have an evenly white painting, the proxima piece have un uneven white painting and airbrush spots in the blue area, the legs have paiting problems to, the tone is different from one piece to the other, and the plastic in the pieces is opaque and looks cheap...
Attachments
P1040489.JPG