Arnval and Strarf Mk 2

Upcoming releases, past releases, news related to Busou Shinki & MMS

Moderator: Caterwaul

Aefils
Class S Shinki

Re: Arnval and Strarf Mk 2

Post by Aefils » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:40 pm

star wrote:ok, id use quotes here but it'd be to much so here goes: the breast do sag more but as i learned with my mms3rd nakeds, simply at good paint job(im makeing customs) can make them look higher, and the smaller chest will look flat(or really small) if you dont arch her back so they stick out, but this is not true in all cases.
Arching the back often tends to show the inside middle joint.

star
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Post by star » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:41 pm

oh, i meant like arch it but not to far, just enough to give a little definition, like a shadow under them, based on how much you want there to look like there is, or buy an mms3rd naked and use the larger chest from that if it realy annoys you,

shizumanagi
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 22
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ravina

Post by shizumanagi » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:29 am

*sigh*

If I wasn't so tight on money, I would have gotten the mk.IIs already. ;-;

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:22 pm

An observation on Strarf Mk2...
Is it just me or, If you get rid of the headband and twintails, does she look just like Major Kusanagi?

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:09 pm

Caterwaul wrote:An observation on Strarf Mk2...
Is it just me or, If you get rid of the headband and twintails, does she look just like Major Kusanagi?
with some paint she is pretty close, both are cyborgs, kinda, so i wouldnt argue against the similarities

Polenicus
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 23
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by Polenicus » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:45 pm

This came in the mail today...

Y'know, nothing big. It'll probably just sit in my closet, unopened, collecting dust... ;)

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:19 pm

Polenicus wrote:This came in the mail today...

*pic*

Y'know, nothing big. It'll probably just sit in my closet, unopened, collecting dust... ;)
dust? in your closet? the great arnval and mighty strarf collect dust *nearly loses conciesness at the thought* your kidding right? :vitulus:

Polenicus
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 23
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by Polenicus » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:10 pm

star wrote:
Polenicus wrote:This came in the mail today...

*pic*

dust? in your closet? the great arnval and mighty strarf collect dust *nearly loses conciesness at the thought* your kidding right? :vitulus:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Of course I am! I'm a huge Strarf fanboy, and I've been driving myself insane with anticipation for these two.

They shall live on my desk, as close to me as possible, until such time as I can work them into my comic :p

Hylian Pirate
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 31
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Post by Hylian Pirate » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:14 pm

So, now that I've had them here for a while, I'd like to share some observations...

-Reused parts: You may have noticed that Arnval's arms and legs get replaced with entirely mechanical parts for her armored mode. Well, Strarf has those arm and leg parts! The arm parts are pretty easy to find; they hold on to the curved blades on Strarf's back or arms (depending on configuration). The leg parts are actually her armor's arms. Strarf includes an extra set of feet and ankle connectors so that the sisters can have near-identical "light armor" configurations.

-Alt modes: Arnval can take on her "light armor" configuration when her armor is busy being that little jet thing. Strarf cannot. The "leg parts" for the light armor get factored in to Strarf's jet. She can still use her arms, however

-OMG HAIR!: Arnval be stylin', yo. She comes with three hair backs: One for short hair, one with a hole for long options, and one with Angel bits for her armored form. Also, it's fitting that the instructions suggest the single ponytail for short-range mode, because it could easily slice someone's head off!

-Killing things: Arnval and Strarf have both always been walking/flying armories, and that carries on here. But now, there's a clear winner... Strarf always struck me as the close-ranged type. Classic Strarf comes with lots of pointy things and a couple of guns. Strarf Mk. 2 also comes with lots of pointy things and a couple of (chain-)guns. Classic Arnval comes with lots of guns and a pair of beam sabers. Here's where the balance gets thrown completely out the window: Arnval Mk. 2 comes with an array of guns... and just as many beam sabers. Beam sabers of varying lengths and shapes... Not to mention the remote bits. Arnval Mk. 2 clearly has Strarf Mk. 2 both out-gunned and out-sworded. That said, Strarf Mk. 2's armor feels more solid both on Strarf and in alt mode...

persocomsan
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 41
MMS owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altines/Valona

Post by persocomsan » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:21 pm

I just made a few short stop motions of Strarf.. but I can't embed html here so I'll just link to a post when I get it on my blog.