Wave 13 Type Ninetailed Fox and Type Hellhound

Upcoming releases, past releases, news related to Busou Shinki & MMS

Moderator: Caterwaul

Sonja
Class S Shinki

Re: Light Armor Wave 5 Type Ninetailed Fox and Type Hellhound

Post by Sonja » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:02 am

Mine won't be here for a while yet.

Another tip, especially with the cold weather coming is to let figures warm up to room temperature before deboxing them.

star
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Post by star » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:57 am

NOTE: from what i hear only gabriene has this breaking problem, probably something to do with the black plastic used on her, for future reference, figure with this same plastic to them will probably also ahve problems or break

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:58 pm

...what Star says is possible. It's not unheard of. Over with Zoids, there's a well-known problem of the particular mix of red plastic used for a handful (I think three or four?) of zoids being notoriously brittle, nearly impossible to build without it shattering, without extreme care.

Pyaamon
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 22
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio/ Arnval 2

Post by Pyaamon » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:34 pm

I think in this case it's just that we need to warm the items in question to unstick them - with zoids we were building them; taking them off their sprues, putting them together. With Shinkis the connecting points are all we need to worry about?

Oh! And this same red plastic would be a bugger to paint. I still haven't got round to fixing my Breaker :x

Sonja
Class S Shinki

Post by Sonja » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:08 pm

I know there are also waves of Pinky:St girls known for breaking in certain spots (P:Chara Sakura's sword, for example). It could very well be the type of plastic is more brittle when 'cool'. Same with the clear plastic they used in the music girl's keys.

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:28 pm

in bionicle, i also heard lime-green plastic had problems, i think the QC is slipping up more and more, its up to us to make wize choices and note things like this for future reference, has anyone actually heated the pieces without water but just letting them set and had an easier time? it could be that the soft plastic is spongy and dry when it it arrives and simply in need of miosture

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:54 pm

Pyaamon wrote:I think in this case it's just that we need to warm the items in question to unstick them - with zoids we were building them; taking them off their sprues, putting them together. With Shinkis the connecting points are all we need to worry about?

Oh! And this same red plastic would be a bugger to paint. I still haven't got round to fixing my Breaker :x
Actually, I was referring to Deantler (I think that was the name) and Laser/Scissor Storm. Possibly Styluarmor, but I don't remember hearing anything about it. They WERE all parts of a set, though, with the same red plastic, so it's possible.

Sonja
Class S Shinki

Post by Sonja » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:48 pm

I'm still of the overall opinion that the general quality of the Shinki line is higher than it used to be at least. Hopefully these issues with the music sisters and Gabrine aren't a sign of things to come, but my newer wave girls (anything from the first light armors and up) tend to hold together better, unlike my first wave girls who I can't pick up without them falling apart somewhere.

I just hope little flaws like this don't become too common.

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:49 pm

hmm, i wouldnt expect to many flaws, its only when they press limits to strive further it seems, they never used clear plastic before, which is a large step, so much can be done useing it, the black soft plastic used here was also a firt, possibly a test of a new part, simply stick to the more average classic ones with no new innovations until you here more about things and use your own judgement as well, but the next few releases look completely fine so dont stop the love of a series for a few minor mistakes, besides, no shinkis ever lit up before the music girls and we got along just fine, if the key breaks, its heartbreaking, but not the end of the world and everything else is still fine,this however, i suggest to just not move the feet to much, they dont more far anyways so is it realy a loss? :maochao:

Sonja
Class S Shinki

Post by Sonja » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:59 pm

I was kind of hesitant on the feet anyways because Pomock and Partio's pop off so easily. They don't BREAK but I could see it happening if the joints were too stiff.