Mobius Mod Labs

For pictures & videos or created works such as Signatures, Avatars & Wallpapers.

Moderator: Chaos Incarnate

Mobius
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 3
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Fliers~

Re: Mobius Mod Labs

Post by Mobius » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:44 am

RokuShinkiMaster wrote:WOW! I love your work! I especially Like the Natsume Body Color and the Charlotte 8.13.2013.JPG
Awwwww thanks, though I got to say that I'm still kind of new at this. You can thank ZeroEdge for inspiring me to start kitbashing myself. He has a decent guide on modding Gunpla for parts somewhere in his thread if you want to try it out. Also, don't be afraid to get your hands dirty - unlike others who have a nice bunch of equipment (dremils, spray paint, etc.), I'm stuck with good ol files and paintbrushes and people like them.

Dunno which Natsume color you're talking about (Her Juvisy equipment which got horribly botched or her Schmetterling equipment), but thanks for Charlotte (That'd be her Hresvelgr equipment) - it took a lot of effort to get her right and I still need to do a bit more on her, the other girls just got envious. If you need any help with stuff like this, feel free to ask around! Trust me, it can save you time and cash. :)

Edit: Just so I can keep up with the current names and equipment modifications that I've given everyone, it's time for rollcall!

Charlotte (Arnval Tranche 2):
Role: Multi-role Aerial Assault
Primary Loadout: Hresvelgr Zero equipment (Beam Saber x2, Beryl Smasher multiform weapon x2, Twin Buster Rifle x2, can combine)
Equipment From: Arnval Tranche 2, 1/100 Hresvelgr Etrl Frame Arms kit, 1/100 MG Wing Gundam Zero ver Ka Pearl Edition kit

Lynette (Arnval Mk.2):
Role: Mid-range Crowd Control
Primary Loadout: Reborn equipment (GN Buster Rifle, Beam Saber x2, Alvo PDW11 x2, GN Fin Fangs x4, Lilianne/Cocoette (remote weapons collectively referred to as OPTIONs).)
Equipment From: Arnval Mk.2, 1/144 HG Reborns Gundam

Natsume: (Juvisy with Schmetterling EX Set)
Role: Long Range Support
Primary Loadout: Standard + Neutron Launcher (Wrist Gun x2, Thigh Gun x2, dual-barreled articulating neutron powered railgun)
Equipment From: Schmetterling, Arnval OG, Arnval Tranche 2

Yuliette: (Arnval Mk.2 Tempesta)
Role: High Speed Close Range Full Assault
Primary Loadout: Dominion equipment (GN Big Claw/Cannon x2 - serve as manipulators), GN Beam Machinegun x4, GN Sword III/Trans-Am Raiser x2)
Equipment From: Arnval Mk.2 Tempesta, 1/144th HG Trans Am Raiser kit x2, 1/144th HG Raphael Gundam

RokuShinkiMaster
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 15
MMS owned: 21
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Raptias, Proxima,

Post by RokuShinkiMaster » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:19 am

Thats cool! ill be sure to ask questions when i try to make my own Shinki heads again. I always end up missing something like I have a way to make a mold but nothing to cast with,, or a miscalculation while trying to cast.. something always seems to go wrong..So I went back to buying shinki's again for now.
Oh and I was talking about this one
Attachments
Natsume Body Color.jpg
I thought she came out great!

Mobius
Class A Shinki

Post by Mobius » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:15 am

RokuShinkiMaster wrote:Thats cool! ill be sure to ask questions when i try to make my own Shinki heads again. I always end up missing something like I have a way to make a mold but nothing to cast with,, or a miscalculation while trying to cast.. something always seems to go wrong..So I went back to buying shinki's again for now.
Oh and I was talking about this one
Ah, the second dec for Juvisy!Natsume, Yeah, I was pretty happy with that one but since I didn't have any top coat at the time it kept coming off and I couldn't just keep applying it and make it look worse. When I got the Schmetterling parts for her, I decided to strip the paint off and put her in all flat black for it, make it so she doesn't look naked under the new armor. But yeah, thanks! I'll be trying to upload a couple more photos if my batteries will allow it today or sometime soon.

RokuShinkiMaster
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 15
MMS owned: 21
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Raptias, Proxima,

Post by RokuShinkiMaster » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:02 pm

That is epicly awesome! Can't wait to see them :arnval:

Mobius
Class A Shinki

Post by Mobius » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:05 pm

Well, after having some parts break on me and futile attempts to break some of them, I've come close to actually finishing Yuliette's paintjob. Had to replace the elbows and biceps because they kept falling off at the elbow (I sliced off the entire peg on the first set), and since it took me breaking one of the elbow lenses to get it out and paint that right, I'll have to look into getting spare parts or getting a third kit. Maybe Seven Sword.

Anyway, at least she can stand on her own and hold up her GN Sword IIIs without issue. Observe~
Yuliette - GN Sword IIIs and retrofitted elbows.jpg

Zenislez
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 12
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Erica, Tear, Riela

Post by Zenislez » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:38 pm

Looks really nice Mobius. I think I also need to reroll my girls weaponry list and their role too. 12 girls is not easy to keep track off.

Can't wait to see your result.
"Motto Shiawase Ni Naru"

Klinkin
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Klinkin » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:46 pm

Not bad at all, but something about the texture and look of the paint seems...slightly off. It might be the camera and lighting, but if it isn't, a coat of matte finish might help.

Mobius
Class A Shinki

Post by Mobius » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:36 pm

Klinkin wrote:Not bad at all, but something about the texture and look of the paint seems...slightly off. It might be the camera and lighting, but if it isn't, a coat of matte finish might help.
I was hoping I could get some matte finish for the topcoat, but alas, I couldn't find any - I went with pearlescent - also, it's most likely the lighting. It's nighttime right now and I have Yuliette standing a good distance away from my lamplight and the orange looks like a nice rich orange, not a sickly yellow. Thanks for the tip though!