Lost and Found; a continuation in prose form

For pictures & videos or created works such as Signatures, Avatars & Wallpapers.

Moderator: Chaos Incarnate

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Lost and Found; a continuation in prose form

Post by Xehn » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:01 pm

I got... disillusioned with making photocomics or something, I guess. So I'll continue the story I'd started in a different format. Enjoy.

I started off in first person because... well, that was how I started the photocomic off initially; Landmine's point of view.

Um. I didn't put too much time into this, but I enjoyed writing it, and I suppose that's all that matters. At the very least I hope someone else can enjoy this.

Lost.and.Found|014

...Landmine;

Let's see... darkness. It was dark. That was... about all I could tell. I knew my optics were still working because I could see little blips of light in the distance. I couldn't make out what they were entirely... Ugh, my head hurt. Last I remember was going to find help to track Strike down... and then...

...Lockdown. ...but why would Lockdown...? I'm his... well, friend is pushing things, but he trusts me. I have to trust him... for now. He mentioned a client... but who? Where exactly am I?

I'd need to figure that out. I'd like to think I'm well-liked... I can't recall anyone that hates me. I don't think that matters, though. I had to do something. First things first, pull myself together. ...or rather, pull myself apart, then put myself back together. I seem to be a little tied up...

But before I can... Light. A dark, purple light... it's very dim, but the moment it turns up, I can feel her presence. A presence I've never felt before. A presence that tried to claw its way to my spark.

“Hello... Landmine.”

Her voice... at once was instantly familiar... but possessed a secondary, sinister tone. It was Saber... but not our Saber. In the dim purple glow I could see her dress and armor were inky black. Veinlike crimson glow stretched like spiderweb across the metal plates of her armor. Her eyes were hidden behind an armored visor.

I was... confused. ...and then I was in pain. Before I blacked out, I heard her say something...

“Thank you for your services, bounty hunter... Take your woman.”

...---;

'Your woman'... It sickened the bounty hunter to admit he was close to someone. That he had a weakness that could be exploited.

But Thetis was different. She was just as capable as he was... They made a good pair. So when that accursed chaos-tainted would-be king arrived, taking both of them by surprise... he couldn't help but embrace his weakness. She gave him someone he could confide in... He only hoped the boy, Landmine, would understand... They promised to return him home when they were finished... and the bounty hunter would make sure they made good on that promise.

So the bounty hunter remained, hidden in the shadows, his unconscious siren held in one arm. Red optics stared intently, watching what they planned to do with Landmine.
In the dim lighting he could barely see the scientist. Sleek, black-armored, a single glowing red optic. He'd heard the mech's name once before. 'Griffon'. He didn't know anything about him beyond that.

And now this Griffon was opening up Landmine. Extracting his Spark. But... he didn't touch it. No... it was that woman who touched it. Purple sparks arced between her armored fingers and Landmine's glowing Spark. She pulled away... the Spark seemed to... divide. There were two now. The one in the woman's hand was glowing purple, in contrast to the boy's blue. Red plasma arced within it, mimicking the red veins spiderwebbing across the woman's armor.

The mech replaced Landmine's spark in his body, closing him up. ...And that was it. The woman cradled the cloned spark to her chest, and she and the sleek mech walked away, heading deeper into the darkness.

The bounty hunter stepped forward, closing the distance between himself and the unconscious Landmine.

“Hey. Kid. Wake up.” The bounty hunter nudged Landmine with a foot. There was a groan from the Autobot, before his four blue optics came online.

“Ugh... ...Lockdown? ...Where am I?,” the Autobot asked, confused. Then he noticed the unconscious form cradled in Lockdown's arm. “...And who's she?”

“...I'll explain later. For now, let's get you out of this darkness.”

rubixbox
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 4
Favorite MMS/Shinki: You mean owned or..?

Re: Lost and Found; a continuation in prose form

Post by rubixbox » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:27 pm

Very nice. Pity that you're not doing photocomics, though, but I suppose one could do a bit more with prose than photocomics. :biggrin:

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:32 pm

Yeah, I'd like to keep doing photocomics but I just can't make up the drive to do so... combined with there being no real room in the house for it I'd wind up running out of set locations. (and I'm not so good with photoshop for effects...)

But with writing I think I'm far more comfortable.

ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 11
MMS owned: 11
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Noire, Ayu and Yuuko

Post by ZeroEdge » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:31 pm

That's deep, man! I never really thought much about storytelling in prose form, as most of us do photocomics and stuff. But I like it very much, as it stimulates the imagination more.

I'm gonna stay tuned to this thread, nicely done, Xehn! :thumbsup: