ZeroEdge's Papercraft and Custom Works

For pictures & videos or created works such as Signatures, Avatars & Wallpapers.

Moderator: Chaos Incarnate

star
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Re: Papercraft Works

Post by star » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:18 pm

a small(and or large, or any size) fishtank would be a beuatifull addition, im sure mao and or ianeira would love it!

ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 11
MMS owned: 11
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Noire, Ayu and Yuuko

Re: ZeroEdge's Papercraft and Custom Works

Post by ZeroEdge » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:54 am

Caterwaul wrote:Probably wanna run a black/dk blue marker over the edges of some of those paper works. Wasnt to obvious before, but the white edges are a bit distracting from what are elsewise some really good paperworks.
Will do, as I might redo that TV using cardstock or photo paper instead for a cleaner-looking finish.
star wrote:a small(and or large, or any size) fishtank would be a beuatifull addition, im sure mao and or ianeira would love it!
I don't have a Maochao or Ianeira, but an aquarium sounds nice indeed. I'll look into it, as I remember seeing an aquarium papercraft somewhere...

On another note, I've finally finished the layout for the rest of the shinki shelf, a kitchen and dining room to go with the living room. So far, I've built a gas range and a refrigerator (both my own creations, not too detailed i.e. just simple boxes, but just there for helping with the layout) and kitchen counters. As of now, I'm building the cupboards and the chimney over the stove. I've also got some kitchen appliance papercraft already printed and ready to build. The dining table and chairs will follow suit.

No pics for now, as I wanna be done with most of them before taking any. Oh, and I haven't put up the wallpapers yet...

ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki

Post by ZeroEdge » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:20 am

Shinki Shelf update; here's what I have now...

Here's the layout of the kitchen I'm making. Note the refrigerator and gas range boxes, that I hope to replace with papercraft ones with opening doors. So far, my searches on the net have yielded no papercraft templates for a detailed gas range and the only refrigerator model I found was that of an old 1953 model from the Panasonic website, so no luck just yet. Building the dining table is gonna be easy, but the chairs might be a little tricky as cardboard isn't really a good material for scratch-building dining chairs.

And speaking of chairs...

I built this one on a whim a couple of days ago. I'm still trying to decide whether to paint it, make it look like wood or upholster it with foam or fabric. But it seems Ayu didn't care, 'cause she seems comfortable on it.

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:55 am

i love it, the chair seems like a patio chair to me, if i were you, i'd make it look wooden and then apolster on some cushions to sit on

ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki

Post by ZeroEdge » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:05 am

Taking a break from my Shinki Shelf project and going back to custom armor modding...

While modding custom armor parts for Maya, her long hair gets in the way, more often than not... kinda make you wish she has a short hair piece like Arnval, so I opted to make one for her.

I don't want to use Zielbellen's back hair piece (it's Rina's, no touching!) like most other modders do, so I removed the long half of Maya's armored hair piece (easily removable), and molded some putty into the void left out. This way, when done, I can easily swap between long and short hair pieces whenever I want!

The results so far...

I used a sprue from a gunpla runner that I'll glue to the new molded piece.

This was my first time to actually try and sculpt something from scratch, but I think I did pretty well (though this is kinda easy for experienced people). Still needs some sanding and painting, and I might as well paint all of Maya's hair pieces to keep the shade of yellow uniform. I'll post pics when complete, hopefully soon (kept sidetracked by work and watching anime)...

Mikuo_Hatsune
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 163
MMS owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Murmeltier

Post by Mikuo_Hatsune » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:10 am

nicely done there Zero!
Don't Follow Me On Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/ODST813

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:21 am

might i ask what kinda of clay you are useing, i had some custom work planned and cant find anything that works, and all my clay wouldnt survive being made into a mold for resin, but id rather not make a mold, id rather use my first sculpt, although resin is redilly available to me

ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki

Post by ZeroEdge » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:01 pm

As always, I just use whatever is readily available, so I used epoxyclay, the ones that are bought as bars that you knead and mold into whatever shape, and dries super fast and rock-hard. They're common around hardware stores and home centers, and the type I use are the wood repair ones.

royalpain88
Class S Shinki
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Post by royalpain88 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:10 am

YOU SIR/ MA'AM ARE A MASTER! Here I thought papercraft/ pepakura armor from Halo 3 was difficult! That's nothing compared to an entire living room at 1/12th scale.
Gentlemen do prefer blonde's.

ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki

Post by ZeroEdge » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:57 pm

royalpain88 wrote:YOU SIR/ MA'AM ARE A MASTER! Here I thought papercraft/ pepakura armor from Halo 3 was difficult! That's nothing compared to an entire living room at 1/12th scale.
Ore wa OTOKO da!!! But thanks anyway! :thumbsup: Actually, building my shinki shelf wasn't that difficult since there are no intricate angles or difficult designs (most of them are just squares, rectangles and boxes). I think Halo papercraft are of a different level of difficulty (I should be able to tell with my past experiences making papercraft dolls and such).

So far, no updates here yet... busy working on gunpla custom armors for my shinkis...