MMS Type Orbital Frame custom idea

For pictures & videos or created works such as Signatures, Avatars & Wallpapers.

Moderator: Chaos Incarnate

Drango
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 12
MMS owned: 11
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

MMS Type Orbital Frame custom idea

Post by Drango » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:41 pm

A while back I came across this: (Cant remember where, may well have been here.)

Well I kinda like the design but... Anyway... Earlier I was linked to these articles:
http://tomopop.com/revoltech-zone-of-th ... 6932.phtml
http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/iam-cybergun ... ?mid=64709

And according to the first of the two, the price tag will be 2,850 yen, which is roughly just over £20 GBP, and seeing this price, the first thing that came to mind for me was "Get two, keep one, mod the other with an MMS Naked to make MMS Type Orbital Frame!"

But then I realised how much an expensive pain it is to actually get an MMS Naked... ¬¬

So my options are:
Proxy for MMS 3rd Tall Naked from Konami Style
MMS Sky Girls figures on ebay
Or a cheap Busou Shinki to use as the base.

Now I have some questions:
MMS Sky Girls, do they have the shin separation like on Busou Shinki?
Failing that, which Busou Shinki would look good as a base without too much re-painting? (note there will likely be some, but I'd rather not have to completely paint it myself)
What methods do people recommend when it comes to taking figures like this apart, gutting it, and sticking a small girl inside? (and moding in general)

Save for fixing areas where I've cut, I'm not likely to repaint Jehuty at all (assuming he comes in the colour scheme depicted the most in that second article)

I suppose some of these would be hard to answer without seeing the figure in person though...

Edit:
I've seen a Benio for sale in a shop in Colchester for £20, but I've also heard about another shop where a friend of mine found full Busou Shinki sets available for £10 each apparently! o.O
I'm planning on meeting up with my friend to check out this shop at some point, and possibly return with a nice stack of new Shinki, if I find one that people think looks like it will suit Jehuty there, I'll likely grab it then.

Chaos Incarnate
Graphics Guru
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Re: MMS Type Orbital Frame custom idea

Post by Chaos Incarnate » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:52 am

That Shinki is a freaking awesome custom. With the size of a Revoltech vs a Shinki, kitbashing them together might not meet your expectations. I mean, like that customizer did, you'd need to kit that thing out to really get your point across.

Drango
Class A Shinki
MMS owned: 11
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Re: MMS Type Orbital Frame custom idea

Post by Drango » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:38 pm

Yeah, it has occurred to me that the sizes might not match up as well as I'm hoping...
In fact I doubt they will, but if they're not too off or look like they can still match up, I'll have a go...

I've got a feeling that the final outcome of this will be something similar to how Howling's armour is though...