Advice for widening pegs

For pictures & videos or created works such as Signatures, Avatars & Wallpapers.

Moderator: Chaos Incarnate

Drango
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 12
MMS owned: 11
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Advice for widening pegs

Post by Drango » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:59 am

I have a few ideas on how to go about this already, but I was wondering if anyone could give me their opinions as well.

I've got some parts that I'd like to use with a Shinki, and they already have pegs on them, but they're too small to fit in a Shinki hole. I've got extra parts to replace the ones that are currently on them should I decide to go back to the original peg size, so a permanent change is what I'm looking for.

My main concern is the risk of my alteration breaking off in the hole, stopping me from using it again.

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0

Re: Advice for widening pegs

Post by Caterwaul » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:20 pm

If it's a permanent change? I'd be more inclined to stuff up the hole rather then widen the peg. Put in a tiny bead of Green Stuff, spread it around the sides, and let dry. You can always scrape it out if it's too tight afterwards.

Drango
Class A Shinki

Post by Drango » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:19 pm

I meant more like I don't mind it being a permanent change to the peg, which will let me use it on other Shinki as well.

Hmm... Looking at the piece the peg is on, there's a large gap next to where the peg is, so if I stuff that with green stuff, I think it will be less likely to break... And it will still have the original peg reinforcing it...

Another option I have that I just thought of is filling the gap with green stuff, and rather than having a peg, drill in a Sinki-compatible sized hole... Probably my safest solution there...

Drango
Class A Shinki

Post by Drango » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:15 pm

Never mind, I managed to do it in the end... Made pegs out of a sprue and superglued them in place (after removing the originals)

The results, currently being modelled by Werkstra:
Image Image
Image Image

Sadly, these are the least blurry of the pictures I managed to get before the batteries in the camera died... I need a tripod...

I'll put up some more photos of them tomorow when I find some batteries, including a shot of the part I changed and what I did to it.

Yuuka_Kazami
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 19
MMS owned: 14
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Murmeltier

Post by Yuuka_Kazami » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:12 am

These look the bollocks.
You gotta paint em white or something if you wanna keep them on Werkstra.

Drango
Class A Shinki

Post by Drango » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:21 pm

I was thinking of putting them on some of the other girls at points as well, but they surprisingly suit her quite well, so I think I'll have to do just that.

I'll need a little yellow as well thinking about it, as they'd probably look really good in Werkstra's colour scheme as well.

royalpain88
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Post by royalpain88 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:47 pm

WOW! Nice guns she has.
Gentlemen do prefer blonde's.