Strike Witches Figma! Finally! And now AGP too...

For discussion of all the other girl+mecha lines that have cropped up since Shinki began: Frame Arms: Girls, Megami Device, Armor Girls Project, Desktop Army, etc. This includes kinda-sortas like Daibadi's Polynian and things like Strike Witches and Fumikane's original Mecha Musume.
royalpain88
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Re: Strike Witches Figma! Finally! And now AGP too...

Post by royalpain88 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:11 pm

Figurearts don't really tickle my fancy. The only thing I collected from Bandai prior to my AGP's were gunpla's. On another note, I heard that today is wonder fest 2013 or whatever that is called. So we may expect all sorts of cool to interesting to surprising announcements.
Gentlemen do prefer blonde's.

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:26 pm

Shiaoran wrote:
Xehn wrote:That is something I've noticed with most of bandai's collector-aimed products. The product looks better than initial painted prototype photos.
You don't collect much Bandai, do you? :P
Quality control is a major issue, but sometimes they'll even downgrade looks (most noticeable ones recently were Saint Cloth Myth EX Mu and Milo, which have resculpted faces which look like crap compared to the prototypes).
Figuarts Zero also have weird faces.
SICs, occasional SHFs, SRCs, recently some of the Chogokins...

QC issues aside whenever I see proto damashii or SRCs or other things the protos used for the first photos sent out to amiami and the like they look incredibly rough. It's not until they update with actual product photos that that goes away.

pauldy
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Vervietta

Post by pauldy » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:12 am

royalpain88 wrote: ....I have no idea what you mean by "dirty" faces.
My camera is not so good so I might be unable to prove my point..

..but, the previous AGPS releases I've seen.. or at least the Wing Gundam Girls, have dirt or paint spots on the face parts..

I can say that since I had both versions of the Wing Gundam Gal AGPs a few months ago.. (..sold my regular version since I already have the Tamashii 2012 exclusive..)

I also saw these "dirt/paint spots" on the face parts of AGP Cecilia and Laura..
The pictures were clear and sharp (a Nikon user I guess...) I forgot where, iirc it was a japanese figure site..

Compared to the other articulated figures that I have, the AGP Faces were the "dirtier" looking ones.. or perhaps we could say it's ridden with black paint spots.. Clearly, Bandai has lower standards in QC compared to Max Factory (Figmas) and Konami (Busou Shinki)

Anyway, that and the seemingly fragile joints of AGPs are my only complaints regarding this figure line.. Otherwise they look great.^^
royalpain88 wrote: ..I heard on here that no, the AGP strikers do not fit onto figma's to well and true the other way around. In that turn, it's easier to slip the strikers onto the legs with the AGP's. I once heard that the Strike Witch figma's are great for characters, as gear the AGP's excel. The type 99-2's are fantastic looking as are the strikers but not too crazy over how the characters are sculpted. They lack some flair; I can't really describe it.
That's a shame.. If the AGP strikers could only fit on Figma legs, I'll buy some Strike Witches AGPs just for the Striker units.. :biggrin:
royalpain88 wrote: ...The figma's are beautifully sculpted but the strikers and the weapons appear to be slightly lacking....
sure does.. That pointy wings on Eila's strikers is kinda meh... It doesn't resemble the Me109's wings at all.... The MG42 looks ok though..

royalpain88
Class S Shinki

Post by royalpain88 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:35 pm

Well, I can say that none of my AGP's have any weird or out of place paint blemishes and such.

Lockdown72
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 6
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Tigris

Post by Lockdown72 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:41 am

star wrote:well, those can also be drawn and added in photoshop unless he is saying he wants a physical copy as well
Well I suck at drawing in general and I don't have a good sample for the shields as it is, there's never a full clear shot of them from the show.

Also, has anybody heard anything about any new Figma Witches on the horizon?

royalpain88
Class S Shinki

Post by royalpain88 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:36 pm

Not a peep from both figma and Bandai.

royalpain88
Class S Shinki

Post by royalpain88 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:00 am

Um, this here is interesting.

I recently gotten in my AGP's of Gertrude and Barkhorn and went to the tamashii AGP page and found this under Gertrude's page. Also there was this.
So wanna shoot down.

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Post by Storm Wing » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:11 am

royalpain88 wrote:Um, this here is interesting.
http://tamashii.jp/special/agp/sw/img/2 ... _img31.jpg
It's a freakin' hugeass BEE EFF GEE~!! XD It's big, it's hard, & it's coming to get you!!
royalpain88 wrote:I recently gotten in my AGP's of Gertrude and Barkhorn and went to the tamashii AGP page and found this under Gertrude's page. Also there was this.
http://tamashii.jp/special/agp/sw/img/2 ... _img29.jpg
So wanna shoot down.
Papercrafts? Looks cool!
Cut! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut CUT!!
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

pauldy
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Vervietta

Post by pauldy » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:19 am

I wish there'd be a Helma version even if it's just a limited edition AGP or something.

star
Class S Shinki
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Post by star » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:56 pm

as far as I can tell, those papercraft are just normal origami airplanes on special paper...most of them should probably fly