Strike Witches Figma! Finally! And now AGP too...

For discussion of all the other girl+mecha lines that have cropped up since Shinki began: Frame Arms: Girls, Megami Device, Armor Girls Project, Desktop Army, etc. This includes kinda-sortas like Daibadi's Polynian and things like Strike Witches and Fumikane's original Mecha Musume.
Lockdown72
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 6
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Tigris

Re: Strike Witches Figma! Finally! And now AGP too...

Post by Lockdown72 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:19 pm

So AGP's are about the same size, huh? Well, at least they're viable alternatives for a complete 501st in the event GSC doesn't complete the set, but right now I think I'll stick with figma. It would appear that the main difference between AGP and figma at this point is what "form" they're mostly intended to be displayed in. AGP obviously focuses more on the combat/Striker forms, hence the superior detailing, gunfire effects, and specific expressions. Figma, on the other hand, is more well rounded with a focus on the character, since all four known Strike Witch figmas each have three expressions (stock, angry, and character specific I.E. Lynette's Panic face) that in my opinion all work better than the two faces (angry & some combination between "stock" and "character specific") the AGP witches have. Not counting Mobip since they only made the Yoshika, it looks like crap, and I'm pretty sure they're out of the market now after GSC handed them their butts.

That being said, I still think AGP Yoshika's face looks a little to broad and figma Sanya currently blows her AGP counterpart out of the water with her accessory options (figma has 4 launching missiles, the magic radar thing, ability to use the holding hands piece from Eila's set, and the AGP has...just the missile launcher?). Also, figmas being 1000 yen cheaper per figure and the only real difference to me being slightly less paint on the parts is a big reason for sticking with figma in my book.

Oh, and please pop a NSFW warning for the moeyo link. They've currently got pictures on a sidebar that are VERY 18+ only.

star
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Post by star » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:02 pm

I will admit to losing patience with figma, I really hope they make Charlotte Yeager SOON or I will be forced to buy AGP, I can only hold out so long and I am already waiting on new BRS characters and other figures from revoltech!

arhra
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 38
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altines

Post by arhra » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:18 am

My Yoshika arrived today, too (along with SHF AkibaBlue):

After unpacking and playing around with her a bit, she's pretty good. A little rough around the edges compared to the figma (or even AkibaBlue, which is also Bandai... I wish they'd apply themselves to their smaller lines as much as they do the big SHF releases), but the faces came out better than I was expecting.

The stand is excellent, at least - it's a fairly normal Tamashii Stage (in a nice blue colour, with Yoshika's name and the AGP logo printed on it), but the arm has one more segment than usual, to allow her more ground clearance (and also includes a second arm, with a small piece to hold the shield effect part up). Speaking of effect parts, the gunfire effect is a nice inclusion, too. And the gun is very nicely done (although the hinge for the foldable gunsight was extremely stiff at first, and took some careful work to get it moving without snapping it clear off).

The strikers are excellently moulded, very crisp and clean, but again, the paintjob is a little rough in some places - the yellow bands about halfway down in particular are kinda fuzzy-edged, and not particularly well aligned. A quick check reveals that the pegs in the AGP's strikers are very slightly thinner than the ones in the figma ones - the figma can wear the AGP's Shinden strikers, but the AGP can't wear the figma's Type 0s (still need to check the hip balljoints to see if they're compatible - if they're close enough, you could work around that problem by swapping the legs themselves).

Oh, and the tail suffers a similar problem to the one on the figma - it's secured via a balljoint in the soft plastic part that forms the crotch of her swimsuit, and getting it to connect and stay in is extremely difficult (once I did finally get it fully in however, it appears to be a fairly solid connection).

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:30 pm

how are Yoshika's propellers? I saw in the box that they didn't seem as good as the figma, but I can't judge based on just the pic of her box

arhra
Class A Shinki

Post by arhra » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:53 pm

star wrote:how are Yoshika's propellers? I saw in the box that they didn't seem as good as the figma, but I can't judge based on just the pic of her box
The full-disc blurred versions are considerably more opaque than the figma's, with the more-solid areas denoting the blurred images of the blades being much less well-defined (and rather unevenly spaced, at least on mine).

I can't see anything to complain about with the individual propeller blade versions (apart from the fact that I don't particularly care for them, and never use them).

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:52 pm

arhra wrote:
star wrote:how are Yoshika's propellers? I saw in the box that they didn't seem as good as the figma, but I can't judge based on just the pic of her box
The full-disc blurred versions are considerably more opaque than the figma's, with the more-solid areas denoting the blurred images of the blades being much less well-defined (and rather unevenly spaced, at least on mine).

I can't see anything to complain about with the individual propeller blade versions (apart from the fact that I don't particularly care for them, and never use them).
can we see a pic of compairisons?

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Post by Storm Wing » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:42 pm

Awesome! ^_^ & nice Akibaranger too! XD
Cut! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut CUT!!
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

bang04
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 7
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

Post by bang04 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:54 am

Closed up pic for AGP Strike witches 501 team.

http://blog.amiami.com/amiblo/2012/08/post-754.html

Brace yourself AGP Strike Witches 501 team are coming.

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Post by Storm Wing » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:20 am

Seriously SERIOUS threat for your wallet XDDDDDDDD
Cut! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut CUT!!
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

arhra
Class A Shinki

Post by arhra » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:37 am

star wrote:can we see a pic of compairisons?
Close-up of the propellers:

It's not entirely obvious due to the light reflections, but you can clearly see that the figma (right-hand-side) prop part is glossier and more transparent, while the AGP is very matte and more translucent, with anything you can see through it being very blurred. If you look closely you can also see that the figma has three well-defined areas of blurred blades, while the AGP one looks like someone just randomly sprayed an airbrush over it a couple of times and called it done.

And an overall side-by-side shot of both of them:

Not the best comparison, but gives you an idea of how they look next to each other.