Sky Girls

For discussion of all the other girl+mecha lines that have cropped up since Shinki began: Frame Arms: Girls, Megami Device, Armor Girls Project, Desktop Army, etc. This includes kinda-sortas like Daibadi's Polynian and things like Strike Witches and Fumikane's original Mecha Musume.
halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper
Shinkis owned: 32
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Space Shuttle Arnval

Re: Sky Girls

Post by halconfenix » Tue May 04, 2010 2:22 pm

OHWceta wrote:BTW, you don't have a Lancemento and Espadia do you?

From my calculations (which involves very terrible and innaccurate math) this far I'm guessing a Sonic Diver to be about the same size as Heracles.
sadly i cant tell you since the only thing i have about lancamento and espadia is their shinki-net codes.... (already used btw)

persocomsan
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 41
MMS owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altines/Valona

Post by persocomsan » Wed May 05, 2010 7:50 pm

Just got mine in today, all 5 of them. Here's a couple shots for ya. Now that I have them all here, I think Aisha is my favorite. If you want more detailed pictures I can supply them.

OHWceta
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 9
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Masurao

Post by OHWceta » Wed May 05, 2010 8:13 pm

My personal fave at the moment is Karen, though I haven't seen the full series yet.
Like to RP? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome. If we don't have something you like feel free to add it.

http://roleplayparadiseii.forumotion.com/forum.htm

persocomsan
Class S Shinki

Post by persocomsan » Wed May 05, 2010 10:07 pm

I'll be reviewing each of the MMS girls soon, if you're interested. I did a little blog post about them tonight, though not a review or anything. I didn't wanna spam the Shinki forums with Sky Girls pictures, but there's more on my post if anyone's interested: http://animaticfigmation.com/?p=2199

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper
Shinkis owned: 32
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Space Shuttle Arnval

Post by halconfenix » Wed May 05, 2010 10:38 pm

for what i can see in your blog the head bits are actually a front hair piece that can be swapped with a more "clean" one... so to speak....

THAT'S NEWS TO ME!

OHWceta
Class S Shinki

Post by OHWceta » Thu May 06, 2010 12:33 am

I personally prefer them without the "tails" and "Ears" but at least they serve a function.

If I get some I'm thinking about making or trying to find some clothes for them to wear in my webcomics so they wont just be wearing those "embarassing outfits" as they call them all the time.
Like to RP? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome. If we don't have something you like feel free to add it.

persocomsan
Class S Shinki

Post by persocomsan » Thu May 06, 2010 2:35 am

halconfenix wrote:for what i can see in your blog the head bits are actually a front hair piece that can be swapped with a more "clean" one... so to speak....

THAT'S NEWS TO ME!
Sure are ^^
OHWceta wrote:I personally prefer them without the "tails" and "Ears" but at least they serve a function.

If I get some I'm thinking about making or trying to find some clothes for them to wear in my webcomics so they wont just be wearing those "embarassing outfits" as they call them all the time.
Yeah it would be pretty cool to have them in their casual everyday clothes :)

OHWceta
Class S Shinki

Post by OHWceta » Thu May 06, 2010 3:38 am

So do they all have the same body or are there minor differences in the characters' bodies besides the heads and colors?

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Post by Storm Wing » Thu May 06, 2010 9:59 am

persocomsan wrote:Just got mine in today, all 5 of them. Here's a couple shots for ya. Now that I have them all here, I think Aisha is my favorite. If you want more detailed pictures I can supply them.

You, comrade, are made of AWESOME!! :headbang: Speaking of which, i think they made Ellise's @$$ more "modest" than other four girls because Ellise is a loli :*)
OHWceta wrote:So do they all have the same body or are there minor differences in the characters' bodies besides the heads and colors?
Quite significant differences. If you take a look closely, Eika is taller than Otoha. Oh, and of course those bewbs... }:>
halconfenix wrote:for what i can see in your blog the head bits are actually a front hair piece that can be swapped with a more "clean" one... so to speak....

THAT'S NEWS TO ME!
Yes, their hair can be swapped. ALL 5 OF THEM :lol: You can actually swapped Eika's hair to Otoha, or Karen, or Ellise, or Aisha, & vice versa to all other girls :P SRSLY, you gotta admit that these Sky Girls MMS is awesome :headbang: And if you're creative enough, you can put the SKy Girls MMS heads to Haruhi Suzumiya Figma :idea:
Cut! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut CUT!!
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

OHWceta
Class S Shinki

Post by OHWceta » Fri May 07, 2010 12:00 pm

I haven't seen any Aisha in the series yet so I can't really judge at the moment.

but currently

Favorites Based on Personality:
Karen>Otoha>Eika=Elise

Favorites based on outfit colors and design:
Otoha>Eika>Karen>Aisha=Elise (some of the colors seem to clash at least in my oppinion of Aisha, and I'm not big on the Bunny Ears for Elise.

I'm deffinettly getting Karen first, if the seller I found has a good deal on combined shipping I'll also try to pick up Otoha and Eika. I'll of course go for Elise and Aisha later seeing as they were released more recently and much easier to find (Especially Elise)

Really, Elise isn't as horrible as a lot of fans make her out to be, this series does a great job at giving their characters life and personality.