shinki question????

Questions and discussion on all things related to Busou Shinki & MMS toys.

Moderator: Caterwaul

greenjam
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 2
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

shinki question????

Post by greenjam » Sun May 10, 2009 5:06 am

ok, so this may sound like a vague question :maochao:

but does anyone know of any anime conventions in the uk where they would sell shinkis?
i would love to be able to buy without shipping costs :strarf:

also is there anywhere you can buy clothes for shinkis like in the pics?
Attachments
busou shinki 2.jpg
busou shinki 2.jpg (110.14 KiB) Viewed 5135 times
busou shinki.jpg
busou shinki.jpg (138.32 KiB) Viewed 5136 times

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Re: shinki question????

Post by Caterwaul » Mon May 11, 2009 9:46 am

greenjam wrote:also is there anywhere you can buy clothes for shinkis like in the pics?
...I'm sure there's plenty of people who'd like the answer to that one. Let us know if you find an answer outside the board.

Chaos Incarnate
Graphics Guru
Shinkis owned: 12
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by Chaos Incarnate » Wed May 20, 2009 1:52 am

I think ReMent, in addition to making 1/12 scale house accessories, makes a full line of 1/12 scale clothes.

Not sure though....

Idoru
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 6
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Post by Idoru » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:05 pm

Chaos Incarnate wrote:I think ReMent, in addition to making 1/12 scale house accessories, makes a full line of 1/12 scale clothes.

Not sure though....
I remember reading somewhere a while back (probably TFW) that rement clothes are way too big for shinkis :sad: .

And going back to the OPs first question, I don't remember seeing any shinkis at Amecon last year,
but Ayacon this year could well have some as a few of the merchants tables have the most random things from year to year (and the bring and buy sale could well have anything)

and this is a bit of a long shot, but if you happen to live near to brighton, I grabbed Mao-Chao and Howling for £8 each at Dave's Comics a month or two back..

They had quite a few more of the pair of them laying around and they look like they've been there for a while.

NamelessChibi
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 68
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Murmeltier

Post by NamelessChibi » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:55 pm

I can confirm Re-Ment clothes are quite large for Shinki. Give me a little bit and I'll post a picture of size in comparisons. Even some of the Re-Ment furniture is a bit large, but it still works well even though it is a little larger.

EDIT:08082009
Grace has convinced Werkstra to try on the oversized Re-Ment clothes. The shirt looks alright with it being oversized and such. Though I think Grace over stepped her bounds with this new set. Drossel and Werkstra aren't pleased. They've gone rampant! This is no time to try and calm them down Grace! Run! Run Grace! Too Late Grace!

Poor Grace. Always on the short end of the stick. Anyway yeah they're wearing Re-Ment clothes.

Drango
Class A Shinki
MMS owned: 11

Post by Drango » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:57 pm

greenjam wrote:ok, so this may sound like a vague question :maochao:

but does anyone know of any anime conventions in the uk where they would sell shinkis?
i would love to be able to buy without shipping costs :strarf:
I bought my Howling at Tokonatsu (UK anime Festival) but that was a bit by chance... I could try asking who the dealer was though.

But best bet would be either London/Midlands Expo, or Memorabelia, as they're pretty much just big dealers rooms for the most part.
And I cant say for certain either way weather any one there will sell shinki...

Edit: The dealer at Toko was Neon Martian, though they dont seem to actually have any Busou Shinki figures available on their website at the moment... Though, there were 3 dealers there this year, so I might have the wrong one...

Drango
Class A Shinki
MMS owned: 11

Post by Drango » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:42 am

OK, I've just found out that the place at Toko that had the Shinki for sale was actually Close Encounters which apparently have a number of actual shops around the country... However, they do seem to only stock Howling and MaoChao, and cost £30 each off the site.

They might be cheaper in the shops, but I doubt it... But more than likely, they'll be cheaper at cons (since they did sell them for £20 each at Toko) so if they do make an appearance at Expo, they'd be your best bet, but again, only MaoChao and Howling...