Best/Worst Locations to Buy Busou Shinki

Questions and discussion on all things related to Busou Shinki & MMS toys.

Moderator: Caterwaul

Lock Cade
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 56
MMS owned: 4
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf, Partio

Re: Best/Worst Locations to Buy Busou Shinki

Post by Lock Cade » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:22 pm

GundamShinki wrote:Thinking of ebay users Totmachine is another, sells damaged shinki but lists as new or gently displayed, provides bad images, no responses to emails and no better photos.
I've bought from Totmachine in the past, and all the Shinki I bought from him/her weren't damaged at all.

GundamShinki
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 15
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by GundamShinki » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:34 pm

TRANS+CRAZY wrote:
GundamShinki wrote:Thinking of ebay users Totmachine is another, sells damaged shinki but lists as new or gently displayed, provides bad images, no responses to emails and no better photos.
I've bought from Totmachine in the past, and all the Shinki I bought from him/her weren't damaged at all.
Probably a case of hit and miss between me and a few friends then.

Lock Cade
Class S Shinki

Post by Lock Cade » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:26 am

GundamShinki wrote:
TRANS+CRAZY wrote:
Probably a case of hit and miss between me and a few friends then.
That's probably it. I thoroughly checked out all the Shinki I bought from Totmachine -- Raptias, Artille, Pomock, Werkstra and Altines -- before I left him/her any feedback, and they were all complete and in good condition. And they were all packed securely, so I was pretty impressed. So impressed, I just bought a Black Werkstra off of him/her. I'll be sure to check her over once she arrives, to make sure she's exactly as described in the listing.

Lock Cade
Class S Shinki

Post by Lock Cade » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:15 pm

Well, I got my Black Werkstra from Totmachine the other day. Other than the box she comes in fell apart soon as I removed the plastic trays from the box, and that she has a couple tiny flaws on both of her faces -- you can best see them when you look at her more closely -- she's in otherwise good condition.

I personally feel that Totmachine is an okay seller. True, he/she could have provided better descriptions, but for the most part the seller is okay.

Sonja
Class S Shinki

Post by Sonja » Mon May 13, 2013 11:53 am

My black Werkstra had a flaw on one of her faces straight from KonamiStyle. I think it might just be a factory thing with her, it's not too noticeable.

Seems Japan-Best is a bit shadier than I thought. They appear to actually be a middleman service rather than an actual storefront..

http://myfigurecollection.net/club/72/d ... =4544&p=12

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 47
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

Post by Shiaoran » Mon May 13, 2013 1:19 pm

I've made only one purchase on Japan Best, it was a Large Obitsu Multi Stand. Some of the parts came loose inside the box (the parts were torn from the runners due to mishandling) and the box was crushed (the shipping package wasn't which means it was pre-shipping). Since some part are small and the box doesn't come sealed, some parts were missing. I've sent them an email, they replied asking me to wait until they verify the situation, but thwy've never replied again.

Lock Cade
Class S Shinki

Post by Lock Cade » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:43 pm

I would recommend avoiding buying any Shinki from the eBay seller known as TheTiredCollector. At the end of last week, I won an auction for a new, never been opened Blue Tsugaru. This morning the package arrived, only for me to discover upon opening Blue Tsugaru's box that the plastic trays were completely empty -- no Blue Tsugaru, no parts/accessories for her. I contacted both the seller and eBay. The seller told me that the box was indeed sealed and never opened as he had listed it, however he stated "I cannot, however, verify that the contents were not subject to factory errors since opening the package would make the item not sealed." In other words, he said that this was a factory error and that he never opened the box to check to make sure everything was there before he put the item up on eBay. I ended up getting a refund and no Blue Tsugaru at all.

Klinkin
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Klinkin » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:30 pm

That's...weird. Was the box factory sealed? Also, you'd think that it would be pretty obvious (weight, no rattling) that there wasn't, in fact, a Shinki in the box. At the very least, that's a lack of good faith on the part of the seller.

Lock Cade
Class S Shinki

Post by Lock Cade » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:52 pm

Klinkin wrote:That's...weird. Was the box factory sealed? Also, you'd think that it would be pretty obvious (weight, no rattling) that there wasn't, in fact, a Shinki in the box. At the very least, that's a lack of good faith on the part of the seller.
Nope, the box wasn't factory sealed. It was pretty obvious that someone had opened the box, but the seller said that it was sealed and said that "the package weighed 1lb 6oz before shipping thus what you are describing as an 'empty box' is not possible."

So yeah, that was totally weird.

Aurea Arleigh
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 4
MMS owned: 0

Post by Aurea Arleigh » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:32 pm

Adding one to avoid or at least watch out for on YahooJapan: marketenterprise_2006
Hidden fees not in listing page, sadly noppin backed the seller and stated to pay the extra $30 in consumption fees & taxes. Mind you this was not including the shipping cost or noppins normal payment handling fee or noppin fee.
Needless to say my bargain ended up costing same price as it would have to buy direct from somewhere like Mandarake. Just use caution if you do purchase from this seller.