Best/Worst Locations to Buy Busou Shinki

Questions and discussion on all things related to Busou Shinki & MMS toys.

Moderator: Caterwaul

star
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Re: Best/Worst Locations to Buy Busou Shinki

Post by star » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:18 pm

NamelessChibi wrote:
star wrote:angolz bad! my ianeira from there is missing part of her stand! +pluss they take FOREVER to restock! :ach:
I don't know about you, but all my purchases from Angolz have been well in quality. Their only fault from my experience is they don't always update their website completely. I believe you just had a simple Quality Check Problem and not an actual Angolz problem since the stand is inside the box which is unopened until you receive it.

My verdict on Angolz's status remains the same.
thats true, but i still need a stand

Hylian Pirate
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 31
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Post by Hylian Pirate » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:00 pm

Speaking of Angolz: How long does it usually take for them to say "Sorry, we don't actually have what you want! Just kidding! lol!" I ordered a Figma Rider from them and it's been in "collecting" for about a week. With shipping, it was only a little cheaper than the lowest price i saw on eBay... Right about now I'm wishing I'd just sucked it up and gone with eBay. Of course, I don't want to assume Angloz isn't going to get her to me because then I'd end up with two Riders. I mean, I love Rider and all, but I'm not the kind of guy who needs more than one of any given toy...

Edit: Apparently, it takes them about a week... Just got the refund due to lack of availability...

Zero_Blazer
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 8
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ach and Tempesta

Post by Zero_Blazer » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:18 pm

I don't pay online that much, so this confused me a bit. For Shopping Mall Japan, they asked for a 10 dollar paypal deposit. Does anyone know if that 10 dollars will go towards whatever I'm trying to buy or if they just want the 10 dollars as a confirmation that I'm serious or something?

NamelessChibi
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 68
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Murmeltier

Post by NamelessChibi » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:30 pm

Zero_Blazer wrote:I don't pay online that much, so this confused me a bit. For Shopping Mall Japan, they asked for a 10 dollar paypal deposit. Does anyone know if that 10 dollars will go towards whatever I'm trying to buy or if they just want the 10 dollars as a confirmation that I'm serious or something?
From what I've seen with Proxies, it'll go towards your payment still, BUT I haven't used SMJ, so I don't know how they work. I've primarially used Toy-Japan and I'm still testing the waters with Yokatta Shipping (Vagelus Approved!).

Zero_Blazer
Class A Shinki

Post by Zero_Blazer » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:09 am

Okay cool.

Another thing, what are some good Japanese sites to buy shinki? I noticed there aren't any listed on the front page. It would help to know some good Japanese sites that I can buy with the proxy sites. Thanks.

Vagabond Elf
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 10

Post by Vagabond Elf » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:12 pm

Zero_Blazer wrote:I don't pay online that much, so this confused me a bit. For Shopping Mall Japan, they asked for a 10 dollar paypal deposit. Does anyone know if that 10 dollars will go towards whatever I'm trying to buy or if they just want the 10 dollars as a confirmation that I'm serious or something?
I don't remember precisely - I used my CC for the deposit, and it that case they just run a preauth to make sure it's a valid card - but my instinct is that they do not apply that deposit to your purchases; though when you close down your account with them they will of course refund it. Not being familiar with Japanese trust laws, I have no idea if they have to pay you interest on it or not.

It's intended to defray their costs if they bid on something for you and you fail to follow through with payment; because they mostly do repeat business they just keep the deposit "on file" until you say you're done.

Zero_Blazer
Class A Shinki

Post by Zero_Blazer » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:16 pm

Omg SMJ needs me to pay around 11 bucks to ship it over to my house from their USA warehouse. >_< Now paying a total of 77.95 for Strarf bis. =/

Does anyone know the general prices for Yokatta?

Vagabond Elf
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 10

Post by Vagabond Elf » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:05 am

Zero_Blazer wrote:Omg SMJ needs me to pay around 11 bucks to ship it over to my house from their USA warehouse. >_< Now paying a total of 77.95 for Strarf bis. =/
Well, given that buying her from HLJ (if she'd been in stock) would've cost over 60$ shipped, and that there's none on ebay at all, that doesn't seem too bad. You've paid for them to mail it twice, once across the largest body of water in the world, and for about an hour of staff time (at a guess, between their needing to place your order, process it in Japan, and process it again in the US); and of course they'd like to make a bit of profit. So 17$ for all that service really doesn't seem that bad to me.

Though I suppose the US's ridiculously low postal prices probably make it appear worse in contrast.

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:01 am

Final report on Celga
Sloooooow and disorganised.

Summary
-Initial order was confusing. Received three replies from them, from apparently three different people who obviously had not communicated with each other.
-The website is pretty horrid at keeping track of website purchases. There's a product that they've already stated they werent going to be able to get for me that's still listed as 'Waiting'
-The product was out for a week before they received it and sent me a shipping request.
-They DID get me my stuff, but I'll probably not use them again.

NamelessChibi
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 68
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Murmeltier

Post by NamelessChibi » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:33 am

List updated, Pruned the list as well.