Best/Worst Locations to Buy Busou Shinki

Questions and discussion on all things related to Busou Shinki & MMS toys.

Moderator: Caterwaul

Hylian Pirate
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 31
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Re: Best/Worst Locations to Buy Busou Shinki

Post by Hylian Pirate » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:47 pm

So, anyone ever tried Mandarake? They don't have anything I want right now, but I thought I'd drop the name. They've got several Dengeki exclusives offered including the black Eukrante/Ianeira and the Stradale sisters. The prices are still pretty frightful on those, but there's also a regular Ach up (at the time of this posting) for 6000 yen.

Just be sure to search 武装神姫 to actually find anything.

star
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Post by star » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:21 pm

let me add amiami to bad list if its not already there! i pre-ordered sharatang MONTHS ago and i still havent receaved my order payment request or even anything to acknowledge i ordered from them! not since i placed the pre-order! im so P.O.ed with them!!!! :waffebunny: :ach: :headboom: :mad:

Hylian Pirate
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 31
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Post by Hylian Pirate » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:22 pm

Amiami won't go on the bad list. Too many of us have good experiences with them. Anyway, they have great customer service (from what I've heard; never had to use it myself). Go through your e-mail and find the order confirmation number and shoot them an e-mail about it. If you're polite and genuinely inquisitive about it, then they'll be more then helpful.

If you can't find an order acknowledgment or an order confirmation, then you might've placed the order wrong. Just be polite... and use spell check... people tend to take you more seriously that way...

mechajunkie
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 33
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Waffe Bunny

Post by mechajunkie » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:05 pm

aww. email them! they're pretty fast at acknowledging you. I've had good experiences with them too, esp. with backorder stuff...

(check your...spam mail?)

:fortbragg: :ianeira: :grapprap: :xiphos: :waffebunny: :vitulus: :eukrante:

NamelessChibi
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 68
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Murmeltier

Post by NamelessChibi » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:56 am

star wrote:...amiami ...bad list...
Yeah... not going to happen. Anyway, I am sorry you feel that way, but you seem to be the only one on the internet that has used AmiAmi and received such a problem. A hundred out of a hundred times for me I've gotten a timely reply, confirmation, item combination and if I ever need to, cancellations of certain products within an order and even custom order combined delivery. Though there are a few reasons that could have brought this about. You might've placed the order month ago, but when you did, did you got an ID number of 0 which means the order failed. Another is all the information you entered was in error or you entered a different email address then the one you primarily use. There are quite a few factors many of them involve proper checking and follow up. Unless AmiAmi REALLY screws something up and doesn't do anything about it, it's never going to leave it's spot.

Shoot they sent me a ENTIRE REPLACEMENT figure for one of my figures, for free.

As for Mandarake, I find them a reliable service, but that was when I could physically go to their store. It was one of the few places where I could confirm the existence of the Quin-Mantha kit. Haven't used their online service though, I hear from another location they're good. Though tend to peddle with used items so who knows where the figure's been. This I cannot confirm though.

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:50 am

Add me to the list of 'satisfied with Amiami'.
I'm not sure how/why they screwed up with star, but I've never had anything but great service from them. I even got the clear files for Sharatang/Baby Razz without asking for it.

Kunoichi
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 7
MMS owned: 9
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka,Yda,Strarf

Post by Kunoichi » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:20 am

Same problem as Star here, still waiting for payment request for both of them(preordered en May), emailed politely three times, no reply, this is the first time I've ever had a problem with them, but they really are not answering and they were in stock a few days, (now Shara is sold out just for waiting and waiting) so it doesn't appear a backorder thing...

shizen22
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 25
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Renge

Post by shizen22 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:12 am

If they haven't replied, it could be an email domain issue. Amiami has noted that some email domains are still having problems which you can check here (http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?vgform=Simpl ... et=english). Regardless of whether your domain is on there, try sending from a different email address is highly recommended. Also, as others mentioned, make sure Amiami's stuff isn't being sent to the spam folder and finally make sure you're sending your emails to the right address!

Amiami has yet to fudge up on my orders either. Doesn't mean they're perfect though. Just make sure you've checked everything that could go wrong on your side first. ;)

Chalkred
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 11
Favorite MMS/Shinki: probably Gabrine

Post by Chalkred » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:14 pm

which reminds me- since both renge and gabrine vanished from AmiAmi's website- our pre orders stand tho..right?

shizen22
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 25
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Renge

Post by shizen22 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:22 pm

Chalkred wrote:which reminds me- since both renge and gabrine vanished from AmiAmi's website- our pre orders stand tho..right?
They never disappeared in the first place. If you do a direct search for them or "busou shinki", you'll have no trouble finding them.