Which Shinkis should be remade first?

Questions and discussion on all things related to Busou Shinki & MMS toys.

Moderator: Caterwaul

PlasticWaifu
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 4
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Oorbellen

Which Shinkis should be remade first?

Post by PlasticWaifu » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:24 pm

So with Arnval and Strarf looking to be somewhere in the production process, the discussion has started as to which girls should follow them first? There seem to be a few different schools of thought, with some wanting remakes of particularly hard to acquire Shinkis like Murm, while others want to see the oldest girls like Mao Chao, Howling, Benio and Xiphos get much needed updates. There are also those who want to see the racing girls (Estoril and Jill Rivers) finally see the light of day.

So where do you all stand? Personally I'd like to see the oldest girls get remakes or mk.2s first because a lot of them had great themes or ideas but look a little outdated next to newer designs.

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Re: Which Shinkis should be remade first?

Post by Xehn » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:29 pm

Personally I think given the hype levels surrounding them, doing the motorcycle girls next would be the smartest move: people wanted them bad enough that garage kits of them were made.

After that I'd like to see everything released prior to Strarf Bis and Arnval Tranche 2 get remade in whatever order, since the soft pvc bits on the Konami versions of them are prone to... turning gross.

rubixbox
Class S Shinki
Favorite MMS/Shinki: You mean owned or..?

Post by rubixbox » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:35 pm

Xehn wrote:Personally I think given the hype levels surrounding them, doing the motorcycle girls next would be the smartest move: people wanted them bad enough that garage kits of them were made.

After that I'd like to see everything released prior to Strarf Bis and Arnval Tranche 2 get remade in whatever order, since the soft pvc bits on the Konami versions of them are prone to... turning gross.

*side glance towards my Welkstra and her yellowing hands*

Also, yes, Motorcycle girls all the way.

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:10 pm

White plastic yellowing is not what I refer to when I say 'turning gross'.

The soft pvc bits of early shinki are prone to leaking their plasticisers with age, which makes them sticky and greasy.

Shikaze
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 9
MMS owned: 9
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by Shikaze » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:28 am

Actually, since there were many designers working on Shinki, I do not know if Koto has to renegociate the rights with the designers or not.
More likely, we'll see all the Humikane Shinkis first, since he works with Koto on the FA:G already. For the others, that remains to be seen.

PlasticWaifu
Class B Shinki
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Oorbellen

Post by PlasticWaifu » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:10 pm

Shikaze wrote:Actually, since there were many designers working on Shinki, I do not know if Koto has to renegociate the rights with the designers or not.
More likely, we'll see all the Humikane Shinkis first, since he works with Koto on the FA:G already. For the others, that remains to be seen.
Well, if they want to expedite Murm and Asuka, I won't be complaining.

infinitygundam103
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 32
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval mk2 Tempesta

Post by infinitygundam103 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:28 am

I'll do the 'wait til I get my hands on them and them decide what next' thing...
That said, I'm still waiting for estorill!
just me stealing your shadow...
and whatever else a camera can take.

Klinkin
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Klinkin » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:58 pm

I'd say it depends on how Koto decides to go about the rereleases. Arnval looks to be a relatively straight redo; new body, sure, and as a kit, but the overall design is next to identical. Wave 1 held up pretty well, but after them, it wasn't until Wave 5 that Shinki got back to that level of quality. If Koto is going to do minor reworks only, I'd prefer they go for a "best of" schedule, hitting the popular ones (Eukrante and Ianeria, the Valkyries, and such, probably including the bikers) to avoid the "meh" designs that filled a lot of early waves. If they're willing to do a more comprehensive rework, however, I'd prefer they follow the original release schedule, as the earlier Shinki are often the ones more in need of reworking. And, of course, on a personal note I want to see the Eukrante rerelease as soon as they've ironed out the problems; while I'd like to see some improvements, given that Eukrante is already one of the better molds, especially of the early waves, I expect her to be relatively unchanged.

Ron8675309
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Lirbiete

Post by Ron8675309 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:20 pm

Xehn wrote:White plastic yellowing is not what I refer to when I say 'turning gross'.

The soft pvc bits of early shinki are prone to leaking their plasticisers with age, which makes them sticky and greasy.

On the plus side - because I guess I'm nothing if not an optimist - this gives my Waffedolphin an unexpected level of realism.

StealthCoffeePot
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 9

Post by StealthCoffeePot » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:15 pm

I for one, since some of the original shinkis were re-released at some point with extra parts/accessories, would like to see kotobukiya's shinki kits to include all such extra parts, (for example, their initial Arnval and Strarf kits include everything that the Tranche 2 and bis came with) but otherwise produce them in chronological order. (though the never produced bike girls could fit in at any point, as far as I'm concerned)