If your Shinkis were real....

Questions and discussion on all things related to Busou Shinki & MMS toys.

Moderator: Caterwaul

Nutjob
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Proxima Spinel

Re: If your Shinkis were real....

Post by Nutjob » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:28 am

Let's see. I got Altlene and the Proxima Spinel repaint first.

Ended up naming my Proxima 'Jane' after she spent an inordinately long time trying trickshots with her twin rifles, on her first boot. As in 'Calamity'.

Jane was the first of the two that got booted, so I did most of the troubleshooting of 'Just how do you live with a six inch robot' with her. She's the lynchpin, the one I rely on for traditional 'Personal Data Assistant' functions, the one that tries to keep me on schedule. She gets to ride on the dash and keep track of my logbooks, keep the BOLs and paperwork in order, tracks fuel and range and picks out the good parking spots for the night, and gets to fight with Dispatch while I'm driving.

Altlene caught a power spike on her first boot, and she's a little bit addled because of it. Most of the time she's got her head in the clouds, but when she came online the first time, she spotted a table fan, immediately vaulted up on Jane's horseback, and went charging at the fan.

I call her Dawn. Dawn Quixote.

Later I got a Wonderfest repaint Eukrante (Red, black, blonde) and a Strarf Bis (The one with the hammer). Ameila's a bit of a troublemaker, as she's suffering a bit from 'Little Sister Syndrome'. Jane's got all our 'work' routines figured out, and since she was first she's kind of lead Shinki by default; Dawn flips between head in the clouds and CHAAARGE modes, so she grabs your attention that way... And Nia, my Strarf, is... Well, struggling. Something about a Bis, I guess, but it's like she's got too much combat code and it took up space used for being emotive. And since Nia doesn't want anything to do with combat, she ended up very... Quiet? Withdrawn? You have to pay extra attention to get a read on her emotions.

Unfortunately, that leaves Amelia out in the cold, since she doesn't have any bizarre quirks, but she doesn't get to be 'First Shinki'; So she acts up a bit to try and get more attention.

My latest Shinki, Bubbles, is a Wonderfest Ianeira repaint, she's taken over as Team Mom. She's keeping Amelia and Dawn's antics under control without stamping down on them, and helped Nia learn about gardening. She's also decided it's her job to keep things clean, and spurring ME into cleaning up what she can't manage herself.

I think she's made Jane a little jealous, and she's playing with her. Whenever Jane's around, every other sentence seems to end up a double entendre, she's gotten quite hug-happy with Jane (who's gone from flailing and trying to escape to a resigned acceptance), and she's decided the best seat for a mermaid to hang out in, is an empty martini glass.

Shikaze
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 9
MMS owned: 9
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by Shikaze » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:18 am

They're generally mucking around while I'm doing my own thing.

If I had to say who my main Shinki would be, that would most likely be Ennea, Mary Celes Lemuria. She's as warped as me, with the M-Rated humor but still having some sense of responsabilities. While Ako (Valona), also get on any kind of mature joke, she tends to flee responsibilities as soon as she see them coming.

Ziggy (Raptias) is the big sister of the group, trying to take care of everyone, with Angela (Werkstra) trying to play cop. You also got Laz (Proxima) and Tilva (Artille), being big sisters, but the fun-loving ones.

You also have the bratty club, with Lux (Proto Pomock), Pollux (Proto Partio) and Gitaa (Baby Razz). Ako's also part of the band when it's time to have fun.

On the other hand, you also have the fighters : Aki (Strarf Bis), Miles (Fort Bragg Dusk), Häyhä (Zelnograd Berig), Ijii (Murmeltier). Those can be found training most of the time, and would most likely make anyone regret confronting them.

Other Shinkis of note would be Avalanche and Tempête, Lavina and Tempesta respectively, who generally are found fighting with each other, or if not, pranking and/or bullying the other. You also have Sirius (Lirbiette) who's the loner brat with a BIG gun. Tsuki (Renge) has taken the role of a priestess, and try to attend to the others spiritual need... whether they want it or not. And lastly, we have Jeanne (Zielbellen), the last to arrive, and still shy with the others.

Mikuo_Hatsune
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 163
MMS owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Murmeltier

Post by Mikuo_Hatsune » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:17 am

*looks at Shinki count*

Common Themes I'd have

- Shinki Olympics once a quarter

- Military Parades once a month

- Murmeltiers Army the policing unit of the household (Algemeine SS?)

- Munchkins both dark and light annoying me for cake or some other sugary treat

- Mothers garden would be a training battlefield

- Jyubei-Chan sneaking up on everyone

- Cat and Dog being used as a school bus

- Brother getting asked to do maintenance on the tanks as he's a grease monkey by trade

- Merienda and Kohiru helping my mother with cooking

- Murmeltier & Lavina constantly on my shoulder

- Murmeltier & Lavina constantly sneaking into my arms when I go to sleep

- Munchkins constantly sneaking into my bag before I go to work

- over 100 voices saying "welcome home dad!"

- Waffebunny squad constantly hidden

- 1/12 arcade games being constantly on and making noise

thats all I can think of for now
Don't Follow Me On Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/ODST813

GlennShiraishi
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 2
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Post by GlennShiraishi » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:19 am

Eukrante: A bit of a Sassy Tsundere if I am not mistaken about her facial expressions..
Arnval(Mk.1): Very caring and very Loyal.

yumgry
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Yoko

Post by yumgry » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:56 am

I HAVE NO SHINKIE'S :'D
This signature is so like, awesome.

NO SHINKI'S D:

Wishlist: Brightfeather, Pomock, Waffebunny, Zyrdarya, Juvisy, Yoko, MMS body

Polenicus
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 23
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by Polenicus » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:07 pm

I've considered this and... logically I cannot believe that if the technology for Shinkis existed, that other companies would not possess it and apply it. Which would lead to every relatively expensive toy on my shelf becoming sentient, mobile, and fully armed.

My COMIC would happen. I have over 40 Shinkis! That alone is enough to fuel a conflict! If you start throwing in Transformers or the occasional Brave toys or 3rd party figures, and things get a little Warring at Play.

rubixbox
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 4
Favorite MMS/Shinki: You mean owned or..?

Post by rubixbox » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:17 pm

Polenicus wrote:I've considered this and... logically I cannot believe that if the technology for Shinkis existed, that other companies would not possess it and apply it. Which would lead to every relatively expensive toy on my shelf becoming sentient, mobile, and fully armed.

My COMIC would happen. I have over 40 Shinkis! That alone is enough to fuel a conflict! If you start throwing in Transformers or the occasional Brave toys or 3rd party figures, and things get a little Warring at Play.
I'd say that people would be smart enough to not give sentience and armaments to small-scale replicas of murderous alien conquerors, but then again, the UK has a military communications system named Skynet.

Though, if every Masterpiece Transformer, Master Grade, Figma, or other expensive Japanese imported figure had the same kind of AI and armaments that Shinkis would have, I imagine you wouldn't have as many of them as you have now. Robots can get kind of expensive.

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:08 pm

Polenicus wrote:My COMIC would happen. I have over 40 Shinkis! That alone is enough to fuel a conflict! If you start throwing in Transformers or the occasional Brave toys or 3rd party figures, and things get a little Warring at Play.
Begun, the Yandere Wars have.

All competing to see which girl Master loves best. :D The property damage alone...

rubixbox
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 4
Favorite MMS/Shinki: You mean owned or..?

Post by rubixbox » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:42 pm

Caterwaul wrote:
Polenicus wrote:My COMIC would happen. I have over 40 Shinkis! That alone is enough to fuel a conflict! If you start throwing in Transformers or the occasional Brave toys or 3rd party figures, and things get a little Warring at Play.
Begun, the Yandere Wars have.

All competing to see which girl Master loves best. :D The property damage alone...
Not to mention the money wasted when your Shinki collection decides to play Highlander...

Anyway, since I've posted in the thread already, I should really contribute to it, shouldn't I?

Welkstra-The leader of the Shinkis and the one who keeps them all in line. She'd help to keep me organized, reminding me to do schoolwork and helping me to study. She'd also help around the house, and serve as a liason between the Shinkis and my family. In battle, she'd be making the most out of her shots, aiming to disable enemies with shots to the joints.

Baby Razz-A loud, bratty, attention-seeking punk rocker who likes playing back every song in my iTunes library if she wants someone to notice her. She'd be a repeated annoyance to my entire family, particularly to my grandfather. She'd also have a bit of an ego, and she'd like bossing others around. In battle, she'd be a complete berzerker and a dirty fighter, with a love of kicking opponents in the crotch (Even if Shinkis aren't anatomically correct, I imagine that if one were to strike hard enough, it would cause some damage to an enemy's pelvic joints).

Juvisy-Friendly and laid back, she'd be the kind of Shinki which someone could talk with, riff on bad movies with, and all around get along with. She'd probably be the Shinki I use the most in battles, mainly because of the whole "Babypuncher" thing, though I imagine she'd be more of a defensive "tank" style unit than a damage dealer.

Kohiru-A more shy and introverted Shinki. She'd be polite with people other than me, the other Shinkis, or my family, but she'd spend a lot time peeking from behind a corner at friends or people who don't live in my house. She wouldn't be a combat unit, but she could defend herself if necessary, or could get herself out of a corner.

Maryceles-As anyone who's seen my photo thread would guess, Maryceles would be outgoing, cheerful, and downright adorable. She's my favorite Shinki, so naturally, she'd be a bit spoiled from the attention Master gives her, and she'd be an unknowing rival to Baby Razz. She wouldn't show her psycho side unless she was fully armored up and in battle, which wouldn't be often, but her craziness would manifest in other ways, mainly as a desire to hug everything in sight and bursts almost Pomock-like hyperness. She'd be friends with Kohiru, and the two of them would often get out of the house and go on adventures (with my supervision, at least).

Fubuki Type 2-the new girl who Welkstra would take under her wing. She'd be a stoic Shinki, and completely loyal to Master. In battle, Fubuki would be more of a traditional "silent but deadly" ninja, striking from the shadows and supporting allies by disabling enemies stealthily.

Wiley_Seely
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 15
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Maochao

Post by Wiley_Seely » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:21 pm

my turn i guess lol and the words in () is the names i gave them with photos yay!
first up is Ianeira (Ianthe) she would be the mother or care giver of the group breaking up fights and keeping most of them in line (and me lol)
then it would be Werkstra(Selina) Eukrante (Eukrante) i just realy like her name and Tsugaru (Harley) they would spent most of theirs days gossiping and watching TV
Arnval(Angelia) Strarf(Rei) Tempesta (Atropos) Lavina (Asuka)
Rei and Asuka would fight each other about which is better of them MK1 or the MK2 and pull poor Angelia and Atropos into it
Fort Bragg(Briget) and Waffebunny (Alley)would spar with each other and keep all the guns in tip top shape
Mizuki(Kisarabi) Fubuki MK2 (Fuka) Fubuki MK1 (Fumika) and Renge (Chizuru) would always find some way into my sake and toast for any reason or train if i do not have any

Benio (Tomoe) Xiphos(Rose) They will take care of all the blades and spent much time talking about old battle they had
Howling(Dixie) Maochao(Hiroko) Pomock(Pock) Partio(Bella) would no doubt be the kids eating sweets play tricks and taking naps
Maryceles(Mairin) Proxima(Star) will for the most part stay with Ianthe so she can keep them out of troubled not to say they wouldn't get away some times but just look at them who would think that lol
Last is Hide Fire (Ember) Aiko( is the one in black) and Hinata(one wearing the gym outfit) help out Ianthe with the cleaning and rounding everyone for bed time but in their free time they try and get me to buy new "Armor" for them off of sites
and that how i can see how my household goes if my girls were alive.