those little stand parts are more practical that i though :D

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper
Shinkis owned: 32
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Space Shuttle Arnval

Re: Halconfenix Shinkis

Post by halconfenix » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:44 am

guess what: Raptias and Artille just arrived to my place... they arre surprisingly shy... or maybe its just that certain transformer tried to give them a very "warm" welcome....

Just Arrived... por Halconfenix, en Flickr

didn't work as planned though....

-------------------------

on a side note: raptias default head is too damned loose... falls of too easily i dunno if the same goes to the other heads/faces... or its the neck that is too wide... i havent tried swapping faces yet

and i got not one, but TWO Gyurinos swords... that makes me happy!

shizen22
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 25
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Renge

Post by shizen22 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:29 pm

My Raptias head is normal but my Artille's shin parts and arm parts, while tight enough to hold in place, aren't quite as tight as Shinki parts usually are.

Congrats on getting two swords! :D

Seems your camera decided to focus on Fallen rather than the girls. If you're trying to get both into focus, try focusing on the area between them like Fallen's hand. Or just prefocus on the girls since they're the stars of the pic.

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper

Post by halconfenix » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:53 pm

shizen22 wrote:Congrats on getting two swords! :D
thanks! now i'll have to think on a way to customize one... adding more parts or something.... i'm in such a need for a BFS....

shizen22 wrote:Seems your camera decided to focus on Fallen rather than the girls. If you're trying to get both into focus, try focusing on the area between them like Fallen's hand. Or just prefocus on the girls since they're the stars of the pic.
i'm still learning to use my new camera (a panasonic DMC-F3) so i dunno how to do stuff like pre-focus... any ideas?

shizen22
Class S Shinki

Post by shizen22 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:33 pm

Prefocus is easy and is a technique all digital camera newbies should learn. All digital cameras worth anything can prefocus. You'll notice you can push the shutter button about half way before it meets some resistance. At that point the prefocus will kick in. The camera will focus on the point in the center of your viewfinder and will hold that focus for as long as you hold the button at that halfway point. Push it all the way down to take the picture.

Let's look at the picture you just posted. In this case, you will center your camera's viewfinder on either of the Shinkis then push the shutter to the halfway point. The camera will then prefocus and there will usually be some square that appears on the area it focused on as well as maybe a beep and/or an LED that lights up letting you know the prefocus is made. Next, without letting up on the button, reposition the camera so that you frame the shot you want. The important thing here is that you don't change the distance between you and what you're shooting at (IOW, you can move the camera sideways or up/down but not closer or farther from the subject!). Push the button all the way down, profit!!

Note: Depending on your camera's feature and what mode it's in, the point where the camera focuses on during the pre-focus might not always be the center. For example, some cameras has a mode where it can detect what looks like a face and focus on that instead. It's best to acquaint yourself with your camera's features so you can better take advantage of them or turn them off if they're getting in the way.

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper

Post by halconfenix » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:50 am

shizen22 wrote:Prefocus is easy and is a technique all digital camera newbies should learn. All digital cameras worth anything can prefocus. You'll notice you can push the shutter button about half way before it meets some resistance. At that point the prefocus will kick in. The camera will focus on the point in the center of your viewfinder and will hold that focus for as long as you hold the button at that halfway point. Push it all the way down to take the picture.

Let's look at the picture you just posted. In this case, you will center your camera's viewfinder on either of the Shinkis then push the shutter to the halfway point. The camera will then prefocus and there will usually be some square that appears on the area it focused on as well as maybe a beep and/or an LED that lights up letting you know the prefocus is made. Next, without letting up on the button, reposition the camera so that you frame the shot you want. The important thing here is that you don't change the distance between you and what you're shooting at (IOW, you can move the camera sideways or up/down but not closer or farther from the subject!). Push the button all the way down, profit!!

Note: Depending on your camera's feature and what mode it's in, the point where the camera focuses on during the pre-focus might not always be the center. For example, some cameras has a mode where it can detect what looks like a face and focus on that instead. It's best to acquaint yourself with your camera's features so you can better take advantage of them or turn them off if they're getting in the way.

best... advice.... ever!

*checks the tripod and takes notes*

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper

Post by halconfenix » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:55 am

my latest shinki Zielbellen arrived with that "daki" placeholder thingy... which is funny because i didnt preordered her, yet it came with a preoder bonus... on top of that, that's not Zielbellen in the image but her:

(you have been warned)

i guess i have to deal with it.... :P

shizen22
Class S Shinki

Post by shizen22 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:28 pm

I thought that bookmark would be a bit more boring but that slight smile makes a whole lot of difference. :schmetterling:

rubixbox
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 4
Favorite MMS/Shinki: You mean owned or..?

Post by rubixbox » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:07 pm

shizen22 wrote:I thought that bookmark would be a bit more boring but that slight smile makes a whole lot of difference. :schmetterling:
Agreed. It's not something I'd put on my wall, but it's a nice piece of artwork.