Moderators: Deviant Anomaly, halconfenix

icemsn
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: all

Re: New Member Introductions

Post by icemsn » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:10 am

hihi, 22 from Iowa, just discovered Busou Shinki yesterday, already watched all the anime/ova episodes, I love it, and am looking foreward to learning and experiencing more about Shinki :schmetterling:

AlexG
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf Mk2

Post by AlexG » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:57 am

icemsn wrote:hihi, 22 from Iowa, just discovered Busou Shinki yesterday, already watched all the anime/ova episodes, I love it, and am looking foreward to learning and experiencing more about Shinki :schmetterling:
Welcome!
There are some really good resources here to help you get started in the hobby. I am still amazed at how poseable and versatile the figures are.
Also check out Alex's WTB Thread and we'll see if we can strike a deal!

Lock Cade
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 56
MMS owned: 4
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf, Partio

Post by Lock Cade » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:25 pm

icemsn wrote:hihi, 22 from Iowa, just discovered Busou Shinki yesterday, already watched all the anime/ova episodes, I love it, and am looking foreward to learning and experiencing more about Shinki :schmetterling:
Welcome to BSW!

Sequinox
MMS Naked
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Gabrine

Post by Sequinox » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:26 pm

Hey everybody! I've been into Shinkis for a little while now, and after finding Shinki communities on Flickr and Tumblr, I realized that I probably should become a part of this forum since it probably is one of the best Shinki communities that there is x)

So, it's sort of a sad story of ignorance about how I got into Shinkis. My husband has been into them for awhile, and I used to always give him a really hard time about them (granted, this was also before I got into figure collecting). I used to always tell him that they were just skimpy little anime girls made just to satisfy men's fantasies. Fastforward to a couple months ago and Baby Razz comes in the mail. Before my husband leaves for work, he likes to leave new figures next to my computer so that way I can fiddle around with them.

Later that morning I wake up I see Baby Razz sitting there. Her design is actually really neat. I pick her up and I am instantly impressed with how poseable she is. At this point I also just recently started collecting Nendoroids, so you can imagine how different a Shinki was for me. After I'm done with her, I decide to go grab my husband's Gabrine and Renge, who have been just locked up in their little plastic boxes for the last couple of months because my husband doesn't want to hear me give him a hard time about them.

Needless to say, I fell in love. The most ironic part of the story is that Renge and Gabrine are now my absolute favorite. I don't really know if it's funny or sad that I learned this sort of a life lesson from toys.

Anyway, I'll definitely post our current collection and photos later on!
FLICKR // DEVIANTART // [url=htp://figurestorm.wordpress.com/]BLOG[/url] // TUMBLR

CottenCloudy
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 4
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by CottenCloudy » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:32 am

Hiya guys! I haven't lurked around this forum in so long X_x I used to be a HUGE shinki fan but since the line seemingly died I think my love for them did a little too u_u Well, I hope there is still a chance it will be revived somehow. Also I spelled my name wrong, I know xD!

My favorite shinki is Howling because she was my very first v.v

Stanisburgh
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 49

Post by Stanisburgh » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:51 pm

Sequinox wrote:Hey everybody! I've been into Shinkis for a little while now, and after finding Shinki communities on Flickr and Tumblr, I realized that I probably should become a part of this forum since it probably is one of the best Shinki communities that there is x)

So, it's sort of a sad story of ignorance about how I got into Shinkis. My husband has been into them for awhile, and I used to always give him a really hard time about them (granted, this was also before I got into figure collecting). I used to always tell him that they were just skimpy little anime girls made just to satisfy men's fantasies. Fastforward to a couple months ago and Baby Razz comes in the mail. Before my husband leaves for work, he likes to leave new figures next to my computer so that way I can fiddle around with them.

Later that morning I wake up I see Baby Razz sitting there. Her design is actually really neat. I pick her up and I am instantly impressed with how poseable she is. At this point I also just recently started collecting Nendoroids, so you can imagine how different a Shinki was for me. After I'm done with her, I decide to go grab my husband's Gabrine and Renge, who have been just locked up in their little plastic boxes for the last couple of months because my husband doesn't want to hear me give him a hard time about them.

Needless to say, I fell in love. The most ironic part of the story is that Renge and Gabrine are now my absolute favorite. I don't really know if it's funny or sad that I learned this sort of a life lesson from toys.

Anyway, I'll definitely post our current collection and photos later on!
What's also ironic is that the designer for Baby Razz, CHOCO, is also very likely the biggest pervert out of all of all the Shinki designers, and you got hooked by one of their designs, despite having previously brushed them off as skimpy little anime girls. I'm looking forward to more of you and your husband's custom-made rooms for your shinkis.

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 47
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

Post by Shiaoran » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:34 am

Half of the designers are pervs. The other half are mecha artists. Dunno why they don't get together so pervs design the girls and mecha artists design the armors.
Here are some samples, have fun identifying which Shinkis they've designed.
NSFW, DUH!

http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post ... id=1687331
http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post ... &id=521341
https://yande.re/post/show/14569/animal ... -nekomimi-
http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post ... id=1436553

(I've picked images that describe out point but also makes it as clear as possible which Shinkis they've made. Sorry for nipples)

Sequinox
MMS Naked
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Gabrine

Post by Sequinox » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:50 pm

Stanisburgh wrote:What's also ironic is that the designer for Baby Razz, CHOCO, is also very likely the biggest pervert out of all of all the Shinki designers, and you got hooked by one of their designs, despite having previously brushed them off as skimpy little anime girls. I'm looking forward to more of you and your husband's custom-made rooms for your shinkis.
Ah ha ha, that's just the icing on the cake for my story xD. Oh well, the only bad mistake is one that you don't learn from.
Shiaoran wrote:Half of the designers are pervs. The other half are mecha artists. Dunno why they don't get together so pervs design the girls and mecha artists design the armors.
Here are some samples, have fun identifying which Shinkis they've designed.
NSFW, DUH!

http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post ... id=1687331
http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post ... &id=521341
https://yande.re/post/show/14569/animal ... -nekomimi-
http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post ... id=1436553

(I've picked images that describe out point but also makes it as clear as possible which Shinkis they've made. Sorry for nipples)
Ok, I'm probably going to guess these all wrong, because I'm just terrible at identifying styles, but here we go!

1. Altines & Altelenes
2. Absolutely clueless x_x TBH I'm still not very familiar with all the long haired girls. It's a work in progress for me to learn to identify them all unless they have something that really helps them stand out.
3. That's gotta be Gabrine & Renge's artist! If not Gabrine and Renge then Pomock & Partio. It's really sort of a toss up.
4. Ianeira.....?
FLICKR // DEVIANTART // [url=htp://figurestorm.wordpress.com/]BLOG[/url] // TUMBLR

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 47
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

Post by Shiaoran » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:52 pm

You got 3 (on the second guess) and 4 (Magaki Ryouta) right. Though I admit Gabrine and Renge may have Blade's hand on it, or at least an emulated influence, since Izuna is a mecha artist.

1 is Nishii, who did Proxima (who looks like his demon girls) and Maryceles.
2 is Choco, and Dorothea (the character in that image) looks a LOT like Ach, Yda, Razz and Sharatang XD

AlexG
Class B Shinki
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf Mk2

Post by AlexG » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:28 pm

i've no idea who the designers are but 3 is definitely partio and 4 is definitely Ianeira
Also check out Alex's WTB Thread and we'll see if we can strike a deal!