Moderators: Deviant Anomaly, halconfenix

DurpyDoll
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf MK2 full arms

Arnval's new face :)

Post by DurpyDoll » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:18 pm

Just got arnval recently from amazon. :arnval: Prices for shinki have gone up way too high! I honestly don't think shinki's are worth over one hundred dollars... Anyways, Arnvals fave was so neutral and bland, thought she could at least use a smile...

I used decal stickers from the yui hirasawa figma. Also used clear nail polish to make sure it would stick on. Now she will forever be graced with a smiling, happy face instead of a bland, neutral one. :) Has anyone else ever tried with this with other, older shinki's?
All my girls. :)

Chalkred
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 11
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: probably Gabrine

Re: Arnval's new face :)

Post by Chalkred » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:29 pm

DurpyDoll wrote:Just got arnval recently from amazon. :arnval: Prices for shinki have gone up way too high! I honestly don't think shinki's are worth over one hundred dollars... Anyways, Arnvals fave was so neutral and bland, thought she could at least use a smile...I used decal stickers from the yui hirasawa figma. Also used clear nail polish to make sure it would stick on. Now she will forever be graced with a smiling, happy face instead of a bland, neutral one. :) Has anyone else ever tried with this with other, older shinki's?
The modules are not worth the pricetag for the most part. Even retail became- well.not reasonable. Once, they were 1000yen a pop.
i did, just say i am not reasonable, when i pick one up for 60plus is mere "want"with"can"and"whatever"

Your Arnval looks much better! i imagine most are afraid to mod more than anything : )

DurpyDoll
Class B Shinki

Post by DurpyDoll » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:03 pm

Chalkred wrote:
DurpyDoll wrote:Just got arnval recently from amazon. :arnval: Prices for shinki have gone up way too high! I honestly don't think shinki's are worth over one hundred dollars... Anyways, Arnvals fave was so neutral and bland, thought she could at least use a smile...I used decal stickers from the yui hirasawa figma. Also used clear nail polish to make sure it would stick on. Now she will forever be graced with a smiling, happy face instead of a bland, neutral one. :) Has anyone else ever tried with this with other, older shinki's?
The modules are not worth the pricetag for the most part. Even retail became- well.not reasonable. Once, they were 1000yen a pop.
i did, just say i am not reasonable, when i pick one up for 60plus is mere "want"with"can"and"whatever"

Your Arnval looks much better! i imagine most are afraid to mod more than anything : )
How much is 1000 yen exactly worth? I got merienda for $47, zilvern for $67 and recently arnval for 30 something. I like the light armours honestly. I would love to see more shinki mods. I like that arnval has an actual expression now, It feels like it has more personality.

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:35 pm

...I'm not sure what's meant by "modules", but shinki have never been 1000y. The closest were EX Sets, which were 1700y and didn't include bodies.

edit:

On the topic of modding, I've got my Kit, as seen in my signature.

Chalkred
Class S Shinki

Post by Chalkred » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:45 am

Xehn wrote:...I'm not sure what's meant by "modules", but shinki have never been 1000y. The closest were EX Sets, which were 1700y and didn't include bodies.

edit:

On the topic of modding, I've got my Kit, as seen in my signature.

*nods*They were. 1000y something, once at AmiAmi. all of them. i recall it- did not know the store at the time , i hesitated .soon all were on backorder, this time 3000yen something something-

Then, each pair release escalated gradually to todays 5000.

Chalkred
Class S Shinki

Post by Chalkred » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:49 am

1000JPY = 12USD today,yes?

By "module" i mean "set", or "unit".
what you payed seems to be today's ongoing rate for each mentioned type.

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:24 pm

That was really just a one-time sale though. I don't think it actually counts, as awesome as it may be.

Chalkred
Class S Shinki

Post by Chalkred » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:32 pm

Xehn wrote:That was really just a one-time sale though. I don't think it actually counts, as awesome as it may be.
"counts"? well, no. not anymore.. : ) but that is what i said. once upon a time, the cent became a million.

DurpyDoll
Class B Shinki

Post by DurpyDoll » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:02 am

Look what i worked on today...
It was HARD. But i got it done...
Used permanent paint. I think she looks much more cheery now.

Mikuo_Hatsune
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 163
MMS owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Murmeltier

Post by Mikuo_Hatsune » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:44 am

Looks good,

now I know what to do with all those spare Murmeltier heads and Yui Figma face decal sheet :P
Don't Follow Me On Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/ODST813