Gon29point55
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 1
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Oorbellen

Orb's and my introduction

Post by Gon29point55 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:36 pm

So, here we go! :P

You guys can call me Gon, and I'm from the Philippines. I'm 17, and enjoying life to the fullest... ish. XD There actually isn't much about me that's out of the ordinary or worth knowing, but you didn't need to know that. =3 I'm a collector... sort of. My primary line is the Figma and the Nendoroid line, though I have a few MG Plamos and Play Arts in the side for my collection. I've been a silent Busou Shinki fan for a while now, though an acquisition is nearly impossible and so I haven't had an interest in this forum until now (I've been reading stuff, but I never actually registered... fail). And the reason for this is my dearest first Shinki, Olbern (or Oorbellen)!

I guess the real testament as to how I can say I had been a silent Shinki fan for a while now is how I remember that the first Shinkis I ever wanted were Ianeira and Yda... both of which are quite old compared to the more recent base-body models. I also once wanted Altlene (or Altrene) and Sharatang, neither of which I had the chance to buy. The reason for that is because when our local shops stock on Shinkis, they usually only stock a maximum of 5 pieces and they run out unbelievably fast. In shorter terms, acquiring a Shinki here in the Philippines isn't exactly the easiest thing to do. Sigh... the depression I went through when I wasn't able to get Sharatang. XD

Anywhoooo~ I finally got the chance to get my first Shinki recently, and luckily, she's someone who resembles Altlene.... sort of. I made sure I was going to get my grubs on her by pre-ordering this time around. She's perfect and it's unbelievable how much disappointed I am at this figure. I'm so disappointed at how it didn't disappoint! I was expecting unpolished sculpt, gloss everywhere, paint stains, and everything I've seen in the previous models. Apparently, she was much better than that. The shinki (I now refer to as "Orb" from "Orbellen" as everyone else does) was easily loveable!
Attachments
IMG_1274.JPG
I've got to say, this is my absolute favorite face of hers. It's mysterious, and cute at the same time! :P
IMG_1275.JPG
IMG_1270.JPG
Orb's usual pose on my shelf - her sitting on her Light Armor. The Shinki's poseability is amazing!

rubixbox
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 4
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: You mean owned or..?

Re: Orb's and my introduction

Post by rubixbox » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:08 pm

Nice pics!
Although, I have to admit, I'm jealous of people who are from China or the Philippines or places like that; you guys get all the Shinkies easily (Well, at least you know of a store that stocks them :biggrin: )

ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 11
MMS owned: 11
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Noire, Ayu and Yuuko

Post by ZeroEdge » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:34 pm

Yo, Kabayan!! Welcome to the site! I suppose you already know of GreatToysOnline (a.k.a. Star Sports Korea), 'cause that's where I get my shinkis.

Also, feel free to post pics of your figmas, nendos and gunpla, 'cause (almost) everyone here shares the same interests when it comes to collecting figures.

Gon29point55
MMS Naked

Post by Gon29point55 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:39 pm

rubixbox wrote:Nice pics!
Although, I have to admit, I'm jealous of people who are from China or the Philippines or places like that; you guys get all the Shinkies easily (Well, at least you know of a store that stocks them :biggrin: )
Thanks for the compliment! I actually have two more pics I really wanted to show, but it seems I can only attach 3 pictures even if I've already sized them down... oh well.

Actually, Shinkis are hard to get here as well (though we do have shops that sell them, they only stock 3-5 pieces per model) and they sell like hot pancakes! XD I guess what makes us lucky is because shipping charges here aren't as much as if stores from the far end of the world were to stock on them. So middle-man deals on Shinkis aren't much of a rip-off. I'm actually getting Altlene (YAY!) by the end of this month. :D Oh... Hmm, Perhaps I can post the rest of the pictures here.
Attachments
IMG_1288.JPG
Hai~ So cute! XD
IMG_1289.JPG
This is Orb as an assassin. If I were to make a model of my own, she would be Fade: MMS Assassin-Type =3

Gon29point55
MMS Naked

Post by Gon29point55 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:42 pm

ZeroEdge wrote:Yo, Kabayan!! Welcome to the site! I suppose you already know of GreatToysOnline (a.k.a. Star Sports Korea), 'cause that's where I get my shinkis.

Also, feel free to post pics of your figmas, nendos and gunpla, 'cause (almost) everyone here shares the same interests when it comes to collecting figures.
Yeap! I'm familiar with GTO since that's where I get most of my figures. But as with Shinkis, they price Light-Armors such as Orb and Ziel fairly, though they overprice Full-Armors like Sharatang / BabyRazz, Altlene / Altines, and even Proxima / Maryceles. I got my Orb from GTO, but as for my upcoming Altlene, I'm getting her from a middle man so I'm getting her for a fair price of P3,500 instead of how GTO actually priced Altines at P6,000+

ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki

Post by ZeroEdge » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:26 am

Yep, GTO prices can be way off when it comes to shinkis. I wanted Baby Razz for a long time, but they priced her at P 4500... and at the time I was supposed to get her, Zielbellen and Oorbellen are there! And at P2600 each!! So... I bought both fencers, but vowed to come back for Razz when I've saved up. Other shinkis, however, are decently priced, as my other purchases didn't even break the P2200 mark (except for Lancamento, who was at P2800 :P )

The site allows only three attachments per post, and back then, I had to rely on them to show off my stuff, three pics at a time... so, I joined an image hosting site (in my case, flickr.com) and took the time to study how to make use of it.

BTW, I'm in love with the way you posed Orb assassin-style.

Gon29point55
MMS Naked

Post by Gon29point55 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:52 am

ZeroEdge wrote:Yep, GTO prices can be way off when it comes to shinkis. I wanted Baby Razz for a long time, but they priced her at P 4500... and at the time I was supposed to get her, Zielbellen and Oorbellen are there! And at P2600 each!! So... I bought both fencers, but vowed to come back for Razz when I've saved up. Other shinkis, however, are decently priced, as my other purchases didn't even break the P2200 mark (except for Lancamento, who was at P2800 :P )

The site allows only three attachments per post, and back then, I had to rely on them to show off my stuff, three pics at a time... so, I joined an image hosting site (in my case, flickr.com) and took the time to study how to make use of it.

BTW, I'm in love with the way you posed Orb assassin-style.
Ugh, I used those image hosting sites before (Flickr too XD) and though I find it real convenient and useful, I have to admit I don't exactly have the patience and will to post stuff just for the sake of linking photos into a post. I guess consecutive posts for the sake of attaching photos would be enough for now. Oh, and yes! I've seen Lancamento (and her wavemate who I don't really remember who XD) in the shop before and I was surprised at how cheap they were! But then I realized it was because they were of the old MMS bodies and frankly, I don't like their face sculpts. I hope you get your Baby Razz! XD She's real cute, but Sharatang appeals to me more (I've noticed that my trend with Shinkis are long hair XD) especially with her Succubus look.

I think I should get myself a Naked MMS Base one of these days to make an assassin body for Orb. =3 I'm thinking about having her repainted by a Transformers Modder in Greenhills soon... the white-blue color scheme just doesn't work for me since I prefer combinations such as Silver-Black or Red-White or Black-Yellow (which usually ends up looking like Yellow Cab... fail) I just hope he doesn't price too much. Actually, considering he only mods Transformers, I hope he doesn't reject my request to have a Shinki modded! XD

ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki

Post by ZeroEdge » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:25 am

Gon29point55 wrote:Oh, and yes! I've seen Lancamento (and her wavemate who I don't really remember who XD) in the shop before and I was surprised at how cheap they were! But then I realized it was because they were of the old MMS bodies and frankly, I don't like their face sculpts. I hope you get your Baby Razz! XD She's real cute, but Sharatang appeals to me more (I've noticed that my trend with Shinkis are long hair XD) especially with her Succubus look.
I am in love with Fumikane Shimada's designs, he's the one who designed Oorbellen and Zielbellen and everyone in the Frontline Brand (Arnval, Strarf, Valona, Werkstra, Asuka and Murmeltier), and of course, Choco (Ach, Yda, Baby Razz and Sharatang). I got the Beetle girls, Espadia and Lancamento (even though they're from a different designer) 'cause I think their mecha designs are cool (and I like beetles), plus, Espadia's tsundere face and Lancamento's happy face are also nice IMO.

I'm also on the lookout for an MMS3rd Naked Tall body (black) 'cause I want to upgrade Noir (Strarf, my first shinki). MMS3rd are more flexible than the original MMS1st, and that would give her increased poseability.

Do swing by my thread if you're interested, 'cause I mod and paint shinkis on my own, just to give you some ideas if you're planning on modding Orb (I'm FAR from professional, but I like how they come out >_<).

Gon29point55
MMS Naked

Post by Gon29point55 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:43 am

ZeroEdge wrote:I'm also on the lookout for an MMS3rd Naked Tall body (black) 'cause I want to upgrade Noir (Strarf, my first shinki). MMS3rd are more flexible than the original MMS1st, and that would give her increased poseability.

Do swing by my thread if you're interested, 'cause I mod and paint shinkis on my own, just to give you some ideas if you're planning on modding Orb (I'm FAR from professional, but I like how they come out >_<).
Wow! You incorporated your Shinkis with Gundams! Oh, and cool weapons. I should learn that one day... I want to make a crossbow or sorts. Gundam parts look awesome... though it's a bit too bulky for me. I'm not that much into bulky Mechas (most of my Gundams are slim such as Virtue (in Nadleeh mode) and Astray Red Frame. This is why I'll probably pose Altlene in her Valkyrie mode rather than her Defensive mode since her Defensive mode looks a bit too bulky for my taste. =3

The interesting thing about the Transformers Modder I found in Greenhills is that he adds detailing to the figure. For example, on Orb's skirt, the inside part looks empty. If his mod was incorporated with this, he'll detail it by adding stuff to make it look mechanical (similar to the underside of a car XD) such as tubes, machines, blah blah blah. But truth be told, I'm not much for the added details. I just really want this lame "dominant white - blue accent" color scheme away. Since I haven't used any of my Gundam Decals yet, maybe I can also ask him to put those decals into the Shinki. XD

As for designs, I'm honestly more into Choco's since the first artist seem to prefer aircrafts on his designs (I'm not a huge fan of aircrafts :P). I do love motorcycles (Yda and Ach!!) though! And Sharatang/BabyRazz were just the perfect designs for my taste. It's unbelievable how Sharatang goes for around P10,000 nowadays though. XD

Chalkred
Class S Shinki
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: probably Gabrine

Post by Chalkred » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:46 am

your Oor is lovely.
I really like the skin tone there, very vibrant (great photos)

(Alas, could not afford both so i got Zil myself.)