ZeroEdge's Mods: Harute Otoha (04/01/17)

For showing off your Busou Shinki & MMS toys

Moderators: Deviant Anomaly, halconfenix

ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 11
MMS owned: 11
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Noire, Ayu and Yuuko

Re: ZeroEdge's Stuff: Major Updates

Post by ZeroEdge » Wed May 09, 2012 7:40 pm

I got a new and improved lightbox, and better lighting. So here's the promised photoshoot featuring Rina, Maya, and Zelda in their final forms, and by final form I mean no further major modifications needed... unless I think of something better again which in this case is very unlikely.

Image-heavy post... you have been warned.

First up, Rina. Her previous shoot didn't look quite right, and my image software's settings got reset to default (didn't notice, my bad) after formatting the pc. So I made another shoot with her to make up for it.

Next, we have Maya. Her personalized weapon, a kitbash of GN Sword III, Infinite Justice's shield and a random beam rifle I picked up from my gunpla spare parts box. Her other weapon is the beam-sword generating rifle from Sergei's Tieren Taozi (the dark blue one, not the pink).

Here's the sisters, side-by-side.

Finally, here's Zelda in her own custom armor. Master Gundam's arms and legs, and her original armor modded to combine into a look kinda resembling a cross between Space Marines and Sisters of Battle (Warhammer). Too bad that she is too big for Fuunsaiki now, not that she needs a mount anyway. I originally wanted a sort of sci-fi futuristic look for her, but the classics seem to work better (plus a total lack of parts available for said sci-fi look).

Looooooooooooooong lance, Xiphos original lance plus GN-X III's, Gundam Aegis shield (1/144 NG) and a couple of thrusters from my old derelict Gundam Griepe.

I kept the split cape design, one each on her pauldrons. Don't have experience with fabric paint and stuff, so until I learn, I'm keeping the fabric on her plain red.

There you have it. I didn't touch the detailing on her chest and skirt armor pieces 'cause I kinda like the solid colors theme (and I didn't want to mess it up with my poor hand-painting skills :P ).

I like the results of the photoshoot, however, they are still not up to par as when I do a photoshoot outdoors in ambient light, probably since this might be the best that I can do with my current compact camera. On the upside, I can now take pics indoors when it is raining and even at night. Now, on to other stuff, meaning Ayu's improved gear... haven't touched that for a long time, and definitely needs to improve functionality (and not just putting on a light show :cheesygrin: ).

royalpain88
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Post by royalpain88 » Wed May 09, 2012 11:20 pm

I like Rina's and Maya's custom armor. The blue backdrop is a nice touch. Halogen flood lights can be a bit pricy as is a full photo studio kit with the tall lights. What you have seems like a decent set up. As for horses, if the classical looks seems to fit Zelda, then I would like to recommend a Fisher Price Loving Horse. Several variants exist as they range from 6 inches tall to 7.5 inches tall. I am planning on getting two. One for Saber and another on a future buy of Mami Tomoe
Gentlemen do prefer blonde's.

ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki

Post by ZeroEdge » Thu May 17, 2012 11:21 am

royalpain88 wrote:I like Rina's and Maya's custom armor. The blue backdrop is a nice touch. Halogen flood lights can be a bit pricy as is a full photo studio kit with the tall lights. What you have seems like a decent set up. As for horses, if the classical looks seems to fit Zelda, then I would like to recommend a Fisher Price Loving Horse. Several variants exist as they range from 6 inches tall to 7.5 inches tall. I am planning on getting two. One for Saber and another on a future buy of Mami Tomoe
Thanks for the advice and info on that horse (didn't even know of its existence!).

===============================================================================================================

I've always had some problems giving Ayu her own gear, mainly because of the way her MMS body is designed... simply put, she's always in her undies, unless she wears her punk shirt and skirt. So after much debate (with myself) I decided to repaint her base MMS body, and gave it a design that kinda makes her look like she's wearing spandex.

Simple black and pink... I didn't want to paint over her chest 'X' and Avant Physique logo so I saved it with a piece of masking tape, especially since I find it impossible for me to replicate. The edges seem a little rough (I blame the masking tape), but I like the result overall. I'm already finishing her vastly improved backpack gear (just some painting left to do) and she's all set.

Shikaze
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 9
MMS owned: 9
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Re: ZeroEdge's Stuff: Ayu's MMS body repaint

Post by Shikaze » Thu May 17, 2012 12:25 pm

Kinda looks like she borrowed Artille's body.

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 47
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

Post by Shiaoran » Thu May 17, 2012 12:50 pm

About horses, I'm personally waiting for the Tamashii Stage ACT Horse: http://myfigurecollection.net/item/91501

That spandex looks cool! I also dislike her body design :P
Though the shorts seem too short. I'd put them down to the screws on the back so they'd look better on the inner area.

royalpain88
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Post by royalpain88 » Thu May 17, 2012 6:25 pm

Shiaoran wrote:About horses, I'm personally waiting for the Tamashii Stage ACT Horse: http://myfigurecollection.net/item/91501

Though the shorts seem too short. I'd put them down to the screws on the back so they'd look better on the inner area.
Those are out? SWEET! If not, WHEN????
Gentlemen do prefer blonde's.

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 47
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

Post by Shiaoran » Fri May 18, 2012 7:00 am

royalpain88 wrote:
Shiaoran wrote:About horses, I'm personally waiting for the Tamashii Stage ACT Horse: http://myfigurecollection.net/item/91501

Those are out? SWEET! If not, WHEN????
There's no release info yet, not even the name was decided upon (note the "Horse?"). Hopefully this year.

rubixbox
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 4
Favorite MMS/Shinki: You mean owned or..?

Post by rubixbox » Fri May 18, 2012 6:47 pm

Hey, that's nice looking.
Are you planning on repainting the skirt and punk shirt, or will Ayu not be using those?

ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki

Re: ZeroEdge's Stuff: Ayu's Gear Final

Post by ZeroEdge » Wed May 23, 2012 5:49 am

Shikaze wrote:Kinda looks like she borrowed Artille's body.
I beg to differ... they just happen to have a similar color theme.
Shiaoran wrote:That spandex looks cool! I also dislike her body design :P
Done that (somewhat :P ), thanks for the suggestion. :thumbsup:
rubixbox wrote:Hey, that's nice looking.
Are you planning on repainting the skirt and punk shirt, or will Ayu not be using those?
Tried them on, but I think she looks better without that skirt, and I don't want to repaint the shirt either.

===================================================================================================================================

Ayu's Custom Armor complete!!!!

Finally done the photoshoot right! First photoshoot was a bust... lotsa rain, trouble with indoor lighting (must get halogen or some other high output lamps) and poor choice of background color. Did this outside (brought the lightbox) in ambient daylight and used a simple white background and I must say, the results are a heck of a lot better.

I did retouches on the body design using a black copic marker, also made a border around her chest logo.

Now for her backpack, consisting of her original battery pack and lights, plus weapons and gear courtesy of a 1/144 Raphael Gundam.

Those cannons are massive! Ayu's got the BIGGEST guns (two of them!) plus cannons on the GN Claws (Rui is kinda jealous, though she does have the LONGEST gun around). She also got Raphael's and Arios' rifles. The light-up parts serve as shield generators.

That's it for Ayu's gear. With firepower like that, she can now hold her own against any opponent (and then some!). I think I should have gotten Raphael Gundam earlier, but was distracted by Maya, Rina and Zelda (much to her jealousy back then :P ). Now in the works is rebuilding Laika's backpack. Oh, and she also has a customized Kotobukiya MSG Impact Knuckle modded into her right arm... pics soon.

Takashi
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 10
Favorite MMS/Shinki: ACH

Re: ZeroEdge's Stuff: Ayu's Gear Final

Post by Takashi » Fri May 25, 2012 1:11 am

ZeroEdge wrote: That's it for Ayu's gear. With firepower like that, she can now hold her own against any opponent (and then some!). I think I should have gotten Raphael Gundam earlier, but was distracted by Maya, Rina and Zelda (much to her jealousy back then :P ). Now in the works is rebuilding Laika's backpack. Oh, and she also has a customized Kotobukiya MSG Impact Knuckle modded into her right arm... pics soon.
Raphael suits her. Did you modify the backpack? Like removing the head of Seravee II and that ugly flap?
Impact Knuckle is a DO WANT for me!! Eventually will get it with one more kit from Frame Arms series