ZeroEdge's Mods: Harute Otoha (04/01/17)

For showing off your Busou Shinki & MMS toys

Moderators: Deviant Anomaly, halconfenix

pauldy
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 3
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Vervietta

Re: ZeroEdge's Stuff: MMS Type Paladin

Post by pauldy » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:54 pm

W0w

Your Paladin girl looks really awesome :thumbsup:

This is one of the greatest Shinki customizations I've seen so far. ^^

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:21 am

Looks good. The only thing I'd recommend is some sort of shading. A light ink wash, and mild hilighting/drybrushing to bring out the edges.

ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 11
MMS owned: 11
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Noire, Ayu and Yuuko

Post by ZeroEdge » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:50 am

ArcticKitsune wrote:Damn, that looks kick-ass, that Xiphos. Nice job :thumbsup:. Wishing that she was within my collection right about now.
rubixbox wrote:ooo, I like Zelda's new armor. Very Valkyrie-ish.
Shiaoran wrote:That's one awesome custom!
Adventwings wrote:I immediately thought "Saint Seiya!" when I saw that silver armor.
TRANS+CRAZY wrote:OMG, that's awesome! Good job on Zelda! :strarf:
pauldy wrote:W0w

Your Paladin girl looks really awesome :thumbsup:

This is one of the greatest Shinki customizations I've seen so far. ^^
Thanks a lot people, glad you all like Zelda's new look!
Mikuo_Hatsune wrote:I like it but I still think some parts of her armour should've been left gold
Caterwaul wrote:Looks good. The only thing I'd recommend is some sort of shading. A light ink wash, and mild hilighting/drybrushing to bring out the edges.
I thought that, but looking through images of medieval armor and Xiphos mods on fg-site made me like solid silver for her armor. And another thing... I don't really trust my hand-painting skills, especially with metallic paints.
royalpain88 wrote:Well, what style are you looking for? A round buckler or a large roman or in between? I have a few ideas already brewing for my figma Saber as well as a sword strap for Excaliber so she isn't constantly holding it. There are several styles from each medieval nation and throughout time as materials changed and weapons became stronger.
Well... Something like this...

For a paladin, a medieval kite shield or heater shield is a must IMO (tower shields, don't like 'em so much). And for the first time, I had the chance to build something using pla plate. I never thought how easy it is to work with something like that, especially compared to the stuff I was using before (platic dvd cases, etc.).

I just did a random design, just in case anybody's wondering. I mean, everything from the shape to the phoenix design is all by chance, no plans at all. There are some imperfections in my paint job (paint seeping under making tape and some paper accidentally sticking to the shield surface even after being left to dry for TWO days :mad: ). No use worrying about 'em so I'll just treat 'em as battle damage (shields are supposed to take hits, y'know :P ).

I took the grip from a 1/144 HGUC Gyan's shield. And if you may notice, I managed to curve the shield a bit, thanks to the hair dryer technique (that took a while to do).

BTW, did anyone notice how Zelda is holding her sword above? I did a mod of her non-swiveling hand like the one I saw on fg-site one time. I just cut off the peg and inserted a new one at an angle. The result is pretty awesome, and now Zelda can hold her lance like this...

Pretty neat, huh?

====================================================================================

In other news, I made a couple of chained weapons, kusari-gama (chain sickle) and sansetsukon (three-sectioned staff).

Below, we have Ayu and Laika modeling the two latest additions to my scratch-built arsenal.

I don't think I'll be reviving my custom weapons thread. Instead, I'll just post 'em right here. Now that I have pla plate, I guess I'll be remaking my earlier custom weapons, especially the swords and Noir's scythe, though they might as well be totally redesigned instead of just copied. This ends my rather lengthy post, been a while since I've done something like this. :P

royalpain88
Class S Shinki
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Re: ZeroEdge's Stuff: Shield and Chained Weapons

Post by royalpain88 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:14 pm

Wow. You are a true master amongst us all here. For my Saber, I was going to go with a simple round buckler but that shield is a mind blower. :eek: Also, love the chain weapons. It is something we rarely see in the figure world.
Gentlemen do prefer blonde's.

Adventwings
Class S Shinki
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Post by Adventwings » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:28 am

Mind = BLOWN.

Zelda looks beyond awesome and I totally mean it. The shield design reminds me of a hippogryph for some reason, though a phoenix is fine, too.
<<Should you fail, try and try again.>>

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:52 am

ZeroEdge wrote:I thought that, but looking through images of medieval armor and Xiphos mods on fg-site made me like solid silver for her armor. And another thing... I don't really trust my hand-painting skills, especially with metallic paints.
How are you with a pen? Could use a gundam marker to black line it instead.

Sonja
Class S Shinki

Post by Sonja » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:41 am

Oh wow, that little hand modification goes a long way! Wicked shield too.
Makes me wish I had the patience to do mods like that =3

rubixbox
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 4
Favorite MMS/Shinki: You mean owned or..?

Post by rubixbox » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:18 pm

HOT DAMN, Griselda is awesome! I think I'm in love...*swoons*

Polenicus
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 23
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by Polenicus » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:07 pm

ZeroEdge wrote: Image
Chocobo Shield!

ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki
MMS owned: 11
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Noire, Ayu and Yuuko

Post by ZeroEdge » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:26 am

royalpain88 wrote:Wow. You are a true master amongst us all here. For my Saber, I was going to go with a simple round buckler but that shield is a mind blower. :eek: Also, love the chain weapons. It is something we rarely see in the figure world.
Sonja wrote:Oh wow, that little hand modification goes a long way! Wicked shield too.
Makes me wish I had the patience to do mods like that =3
rubixbox wrote:HOT DAMN, Griselda is awesome! I think I'm in love...*swoons*
Many thanks for your appreciation, all your positive comments are making Zelda blush :*)
Caterwaul wrote:How are you with a pen? Could use a gundam marker to black line it instead.
I could, but then I'll have to black every line on Zelda's armor, and then I'll have to do the same for EVERYONE of my girls... :eek:
Adventwings wrote:Mind = BLOWN.

Zelda looks beyond awesome and I totally mean it. The shield design reminds me of a hippogryph for some reason, though a phoenix is fine, too.
Polenicus wrote:Chocobo Shield!
Well, I did say the design came our randomly, but we're happy for the result anyway. And lol at Chocobo Shield! :cheesygrin:

=======================================================================================================================

Just did some stuff to Noir, figured that I'll just show you...

I made her a visor similar to Strarf Bis, but a little different in design. Simple really, just black cardstock and yellow sticker paper.

I modded Noir's favorite pistols into gun-daggers, sorta like Haseo's DG-X guns (.Hack GU). I wanted heat-blade effects, hence the color of the blades. Now, I know that not anyone will agree with this mod (especially color), but I can make some more replacement blades, since the mod isn't permanent (black-silver blades coming soon).

Now this is something I don't really agree with... Nebula Blitz' bladed wings... actually, even the arms themselves are becoming a problem. I REALLY like to keep the GP02A shoulder addon, but the arms themselves are limited in movement range, especially with the weapons equipped. And, the hands are lame, the right one is for gripping and the left is open and cannot hold on to anything. And I had such high expectations for this mod. Oh well...

I could just remove the backpack and replace it with something more manageable (and smaller), get her some decent hands and bigger guns. In the future, if my funds allow for it, I'll get an Avalanche Exia and get its gear (arms and weapons) for Noir.

Comments and suggestions are highly appreciated, many thanks in advance!