ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 11
MMS owned: 11
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Noire, Ayu and Yuuko

Re: Cyclenut's Collection

Post by ZeroEdge » Mon May 09, 2011 4:12 pm

cyclenut wrote: Image

The only downside is that she can't raise her left arm past parallel to the ground so I didn't make a right shoulder piece because I didnt want to hamper her weapon arm articulation.
Well, that's one reason why I didn't use 00's shoulder armor on Noir, 'cause I don't want anything limiting her poseability. And if you look at fg-site, modders use the upper arm connector to attach pieces that give off the look of shoulder armor, and not on the shoulder itself, and back-mounted pieces for that same purpose. To do that you'll have to cut out a bit of plastic off the 00 upper arm part to connect said connector. I don't plan on doing that anytime soon, 'cause i have the twin GN Drives for that reason.

cyclenut
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Blueline Plastica

Post by cyclenut » Mon May 09, 2011 6:56 pm

ZeroEdge wrote: Well, that's one reason why I didn't use 00's shoulder armor on Noir, 'cause I don't want anything limiting her poseability. And if you look at fg-site, modders use the upper arm connector to attach pieces that give off the look of shoulder armor, and not on the shoulder itself, and back-mounted pieces for that same purpose. To do that you'll have to cut out a bit of plastic off the 00 upper arm part to connect said connector. I don't plan on doing that anytime soon, 'cause i have the twin GN Drives for that reason.
Ahhh okay, that makes sense.

------------------------------------------------------

Here's what I did. I took mikuo's advice to add a weapon to her right arm. I used the gundam's hip armor (the one with the holes in it to fit the gunsword thing). I glued it to the right arm armor so it does not mess with the articulation. So it's kinda like a light armor shoulder piece or something.

I also took the other hip piece and glued it to her left leg so that she could pull out the other sword to dual wield. :cheesygrin:

Lastly, I took the other blue shoulder armor piece and flipped it. Cleaned out the internals to make it a pistol holster, which fits her pistol quite nicely.

This Angel Marine ready for WAR. }:>

I still have to touch-up paint the epoxy welds, but other than that, I think she's done. If anyone else has any other ideas, let me know. :)

ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 11
MMS owned: 11
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Noire, Ayu and Yuuko

Post by ZeroEdge » Tue May 10, 2011 3:11 am

Nicely done! I might just do the hip mod you did there (after I make a couple of new pistols for Noir).

Mikuo_Hatsune
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 163
MMS owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Murmeltier

Post by Mikuo_Hatsune » Thu May 12, 2011 11:01 am

seems like you're going well with the modding :) , Looks interesting.. especially with us 3 having Gunpla to our Shinkis.. this fight might look more entertaining than I'd imagine..
Don't Follow Me On Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/ODST813