Moderators: Deviant Anomaly, halconfenix

ZeroEdge
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 11
MMS owned: 11
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Noire, Ayu and Yuuko

Re: Rubix's Shinki collection/reviews

Post by ZeroEdge » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:40 am

bang04 wrote:With that chocolate and brownies, lucky for shinki that they can't fat (LOL)
...envy...

rubixbox
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 4
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: You mean owned or..?

Post by rubixbox » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:48 pm

I can die happy now.

My thoughts on Arnval:
While there are a lot of similarities between Arnval and Welkstra, there are definitely more than a few differences. Welkstra's armor has more of a "policewoman of the future" vibe to it-lighter and more practical, but still befitting a Lawful celestial being. Arnval, meanwhile, has heavier weaponry, heavier armor, and resembles something out of Triggerheart Excelica or Strike Witches (fitting, considering that she's supposed to be designed by Fumikane Shimada, who's responsible for Strike Witches). Also, they look totally badass together.

Arnie's armed with a few weapons, including a pistol and a futuristic P90-looking rifle. Both of them work fine as light weapons for when she doesn't need to go full Angel on somebody. The only problem is that neither of them are painted. At all. Seriously, Konami, I can understand the more realistic weapons being gunmetal grey, but could at least have a little detail? Especially since this is the updated rerelease of the figure?

Arnval wielding both her and Welkstra's rifles. There are a few differences in how the weapons are molded (like changing the bottom ridge on Welkstra's gun to accommodate the bayonet, and adding a connector port on the back of the weapon).

Arnval's trademark weapon is a huge cannon. It's, of course, cool, and I like that it can attach to her wrist connector to help her hold it, but to be honest, it's kind of clunky and unwieldy....which makes perfect sense, given that it's a huge-ass gun. She also comes with a smaller version of the cannon which I think is some sort of beam rifle, which can also attach to her arm (It's pictured above).

In addition, she also comes with a pair of lightsabers.
Nothing really to say here, I just wanted to take some pictures of her wielding lightsabers.

So, that's Arnval Tranche 2. Feel free to turn green with envy. :p

Bonus pictures:
Obligatory Maryceles picture

A team of ANGELIC proportions! *
*Rubexbox production apologizes for that pun. Apparently, I'm turning into Chuggaconroy. Also, I know Juvisy's technically not an angel. So sue me.

A bowlful of Shinkis

Aurea Arleigh
Class A Shinki

Post by Aurea Arleigh » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:17 pm

Cool shinki collection! :fubuki:

mystika
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Pomock

Post by mystika » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:36 pm

yes i agree cool collection :thumbsup: the angel team is fantastic and i can,t help but smile at that roaring mary

rubixbox
Class S Shinki

Post by rubixbox » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:43 am

So, got a new Shinki:

And some people were...not pleased.

But enough about that. Onto the Shinki herself.

Base Shinki:

...Okay, I'm sorry, I have to get this out of the way first.

Anyway, Base Shinki:

Bright Feather has a nice color scheme, consisting of white, mint green, and a little black on the body.
Physical feature wise, she's one of the more normal-looking Shinki, with brown hair and hazel eyes (at least, she's normal compared to the likes of Strarf, Maryceles, and the instrument girls). She also has a cute pin in her hair.

She also has her own pair of shoes:

And these:
Yep, glasses. Not even futuristic-style glasses, just normal rounded-lens glasses. They can be put on or taken off by sliding the earpieces of the glasses into slots in her hair. This allows her to take them off without taking off the front hairpiece, but the downside is that they like to come off. Which is a problem when, say, they slide off her face and fall onto a white linoleum floor, particularly one with a pile of action figures in Ziploc bags on it that your uncle left near your lightbox setup, and you can't find them even after you move all of the figures, forcing you to make a new pair for her out of wire. Just sayin'. :D

Oh yeah, and she's also got an alternate ponytail hair piece.

Armored mode: Being a light-armored Shinki, Bright Feather's armor primarily consists of a backpack, the shoes, an alternate headpiece, and the syringe weapon she's holding. It's very minimalistic, and I like the fact that pretty much all of her gear can be equipped at once. She doesn't even need any of the connector spacers like many other Shinkis use (unless you want somewhere to store the syringe). She trades in the exposed chest piece for one that's a little bit more conservative...and also much bigger. Though, given the functions of large chestpieces on other Shinki models (*COUGHIANEIRA'SBOOBFLOATIESCOUGH*), it might be extra chest armor or a power pack for her weapons systems.

What's really interesting is that, despite Bright Feather being an MMS 1st, her armored mode chest more resembles the vest-like chest piece that the MMS 3rd models use. It clips onto the front of the figure, but it also plugs into the screw holes in her back. Perhaps this was the inspiration for the MM3rd design?

Armaments: Being a medical worker, Bright Feather's weaponry would naturally resemble medical equipment. Like this syringe weapon, which I don't know if it's supposed to be a melee weapon or a rifle or a squirt gun.

She also comes with everybody's favorite heart-restarting device, the defibrillator. Though, given that she's a combat unit, I'd imagine that they're more a tool of harm than a tool of life-saving.
Finally, in a pinch, Bright Feather can use the wings on her armor as scimitars. Given the curvature on those wings, I'd imagine that their usefulness in melee combat is somewhat limited, but whatever.

So, there's bright feather. A neat little Shinki....just be careful with those glasses.

And before I go, have an obligatory Maryceles bonus picture:

Mechhounds
Class A Shinki
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Benio

Post by Mechhounds » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:02 am

Vary funny Box opening :lol:

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper
Shinkis owned: 32
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Space Shuttle Arnval

Post by halconfenix » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:24 pm

now that you have bright feather....

obligatory omake!

rubixbox
Class S Shinki

Post by rubixbox » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:58 pm

So, with Halloween in a few weeks, General Mills' Monster Cereals are up for sale again. My uncle bought all five cereals, and I've only eaten Count Chocula, so I decided to try the other four.

What does this happen to do with Shinkis? Well, I felt like taking a little photoshoot...
ImageImage
I'll also do one for Count Chocula later, for fans of that cereal.

Also, bonus pictures:

Just a warning for this last one: If you get jealous of other people having your holy grail, you might want to not look at this next one:

Mechhounds
Class A Shinki
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Benio

Post by Mechhounds » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:13 pm

Nice pic's and :evil: at the last one.But really that is cool that you got him and it looks good with Arnval.

Edit: Who is that in the last pic back ground?

rubixbox
Class S Shinki

Post by rubixbox » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:43 am

Mechhounds wrote:
Edit: Who is that in the last pic back ground?
That's me. My living room has a large mirrored wall, and I got caught in the reflection.

One last Monster Cereal picture: