Moderators: Deviant Anomaly, halconfenix

DasaMan
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 1
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Proxima

Re: HELLO!!!

Post by DasaMan » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:34 am

Bought an Amdriver Cross Bisar Orthrus, and spread out her loadout. Here's what I have now:

The Orthrus for heavy firepower, centaur mode for blitz, and that water motor with gatling for recon missions.

I also gave her butterfly wings, for the short time my daughter kidnapped her. Don't worry, she's fine now.

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:20 pm

Eeesh. Imagining what a kid could do to my shinki, and its miriad of tiny, easy to lose pieces, makes me cringe.

DasaMan
Class C Shinki

Post by DasaMan » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:19 pm

Yeah, I freaked out also when my kid asked whether she can bring Proxima to kindergarten. KINDERGARTEN. Thankfully, she's used to handling delicate action figures (I used to collect knock-offs, so she's used to that level of 'quality'), and didn't let Proxima out of her bag at kindergarten, so all is well.

The funny thing was back from school, she played with Proxi and separated the left shin. Thinking she broke it, she hid behind the couch and tried to glue in back on (using UHU stick glue, thank god, if she tried using a power glue only god knows what would happen to both of them). My wife just thought she was being 'weird.' I found out late at night when back from work, and asked her about it the next morning. She laughed and told the story, and then I showed her how we could practically take apart Proxi into small pieces.

After that, she no longer brought Proxi out of the house. But she said she still wanted a 6-inch action figure of pretty girl with long hair and miniskirt with that level of articulation for her next birthday. Her FIFTH birthday.

To this day I can't think of anything for her.

TempestaMkII
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval Mk2 Tempesta

Post by TempestaMkII » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:37 pm

Wow. Sounds like some sort of fiesta you have there.(No offense if it did any) Well, if your daughter was much older, like say... 12. I believe a Shinki would be alright but 5 years old... I would be stuck like you.

DasaMan
Class C Shinki

Post by DasaMan » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:50 pm

Well, I did try to offer her a DC Legends Mary Marvel (I got it for only 5 dollars), but no juice. US action figures are just fugly. Damn japanese and their moe-ness, you poisoned my daughter to the point of no return!

TempestaMkII
Class B Shinki
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval Mk2 Tempesta

Post by TempestaMkII » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:30 am

:oneofus:
How about a figma or a nendroid? Have you thought about that?

DasaMan
Class C Shinki

Post by DasaMan » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:41 am

Nendos are out FTM, the SD style and limited articulation are not what she prescribed :P Figmas and Revos are in, but I'm not sure they're more durable than BS. Proxi pretty much blew my mind; she so lithe, yet surprisingly take more abuse than what I thought she could withstand!

I have a Yotsuba revo, and though she's thicker than Proxi, I still rate her lower in durability against a 5-year old. Figmas I don't have any experience, most my friends said NOT! when I asked would a figma withstand a 5-year old, and said REALLY? when I said Proxi fared really well in my kid's hands.

Really, if only those US action figures aren't so fuglys...

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Post by Storm Wing » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:25 am

DasaMan wrote:Nendos are out FTM, the SD style and limited articulation are not what she prescribed :P Figmas and Revos are in, but I'm not sure they're more durable than BS. Proxi pretty much blew my mind; she so lithe, yet surprisingly take more abuse than what I thought she could withstand!

I have a Yotsuba revo, and though she's thicker than Proxi, I still rate her lower in durability against a 5-year old. Figmas I don't have any experience, most my friends said NOT! when I asked would a figma withstand a 5-year old, and said REALLY? when I said Proxi fared really well in my kid's hands.

Really, if only those US action figures aren't so fuglys...
get a KO Figma :P
Cut! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut CUT!!
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

Adventwings
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 11
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Post by Adventwings » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:01 am

Maybe you should look into BJD - Ball-Joint Dolls. Some of them are shinki-size, though most I know of are around 20 to 40 cm. They're a bit bulkier but quite a bit more durable thank shinkis. They're also geared towards cloth outfits, too.

Figmas are just as durable as shinkis, from my experience handling them. They usually have less parts than shinkis and more props. If you're looking for figmas with skirts, I recommend you get Hatsune Miku. =w=)

If she can handle Proxima without her falling apart every 5 minutes, I don't think she would have much problem with a figma.
<<Should you fail, try and try again.>>

DasaMan
Class C Shinki

Post by DasaMan » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:51 am

@stormwing: do you know any place selling ko figma for real cheap? I'd like to test one, actually.

For figmas/revoltech, I think I'm currently partial to models in swimsuits. Just to test the full range of motion.