Moderators: Deviant Anomaly, halconfenix

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Re: DA's Shinki Collection

Post by Xehn » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:50 pm

As it happens, DA... all of those designs are by one designer. ;p I think you could just say "Fumikane", at this point.

Dakarriel
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 6
MMS owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Dakarriel » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:10 pm

Good tip! Thanks. A lightbox may be just what I'm looking for. or something similar, to provide good indirect lighting. I find that the soft light that comes through my window on an overcast day is just perfect for pics. I need to figure out how to replicate that. My cellphone camera is pretty good, being a 2 megapixel camera, but the only problem is that photos come out grainy if the lighting is terrible, and I've toyed with it a decent amount, but I can't get it to shoot any better with terrible lighting.

And yea, as Xehn said, those are all from the same designer. I think he's also responsible for sky girls and strike witches... And all those older tank and planegirl figures.

Deviant Anomaly
Official Tally Keeper
Shinkis owned: 31
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Gabrine

Post by Deviant Anomaly » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:08 am

Xehn wrote:As it happens, DA... all of those designs are by one designer. ;p I think you could just say "Fumikane", at this point.
I figured the four probably were, but I didn't know about Asuka. Good to know. :)
Dakarriel wrote:Good tip! Thanks. A lightbox may be just what I'm looking for. or something similar, to provide good indirect lighting. I find that the soft light that comes through my window on an overcast day is just perfect for pics. I need to figure out how to replicate that. My cellphone camera is pretty good, being a 2 megapixel camera, but the only problem is that photos come out grainy if the lighting is terrible, and I've toyed with it a decent amount, but I can't get it to shoot any better with terrible lighting.
I have a simliar problem with lighting in my room, especially in the evening/night. Hence why I made the light box. In the meantime, I would find the brightest overhead light in your house and use that to take pics when daylight isn't available. I've been known to set up in my bathroom occasionally. LOL

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:31 am

I figured the four probably were, but I didn't know about Asuka. Good to know. :)
Yeah. The only one you DIDNT mention was Murmeltia. :) Otherwise, you named all the ones he designed.

Lockdown72
Class A Shinki
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Tigris

Post by Lockdown72 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:01 pm

Well, it seems your collection as grown quite a lot since the last time I saw it (the last addition was Starf I think). Also, it seems I may have been slightly influenced by the little romance between your Tigris and Animated Cybertron Optimus Prime, as my Tigris is especially close to one of my own Transformers in my comic back on TFW2005 (I'm Autobot Burnout there)

Deviant Anomaly
Official Tally Keeper

Post by Deviant Anomaly » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:24 pm

Caterwaul wrote:Yeah. The only one you DIDNT mention was Murmeltia. :) Otherwise, you named all the ones he designed.
Murmeltia is the only one I don't own. That's why I didn't mention her. LOL
Lockdown72 wrote:Well, it seems your collection as grown quite a lot since the last time I saw it (the last addition was Starf I think). Also, it seems I may have been slightly influenced by the little romance between your Tigris and Animated Cybertron Optimus Prime, as my Tigris is especially close to one of my own Transformers in my comic back on TFW2005 (I'm Autobot Burnout there)
Yeah, I took a break and moved onto collecting other lines for awhile. Having more income since going full-time at my employer last September has helped too.

It's a funny thing how inspiration works. I don't know why I decided to pair those two characters together in my comic, but it just struck me as a cool idea. I'm flattered that you carried it over to your own comic. :)

Mini-Bot
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 55
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio, Altrene

Post by Mini-Bot » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:41 am

Nice little collection you have. ^^ You take beautiful pictures of them.
"He who cares for the opinions of others is lost." -Blackout

Deviant Anomaly
Official Tally Keeper

Post by Deviant Anomaly » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:04 am

Thanks. :)

Dakarriel
Class B Shinki
MMS owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Dakarriel » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:35 am

I'm afraid of matchmaking between my transformers and my shinkis. Universe Starscream could shoot his fiancé with his null cannon. I don't want any of my shinkis to get blasted with a null cannon.

Forte.EXE only likes digital girls... Which is why he plays my hentai games way too much.

And I think Sephiroth may be a pedo. He sure goes to my brother's room to hang out with Pomock a lot.

Icarael
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Post by Icarael » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:43 am

Dakarriel wrote:And I think Sephiroth may be a pedo. He sure goes to my brother's room to hang out with Pomock a lot.
LOL, I saw that over on /toy/.

Sephiroth always gets all the laydeez- at least the ones he don't stab first.
I am Icarael, Techpriest Acolyte of the Adeptus Shinki.
Glory to the Moe God!