Moderator: Sword

zylias
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 33
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

How do u play this game?

Post by zylias » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:22 am

Anyone can enlighten me how does the battle actually works? Are the stats even worth training at all? The ratio of my wins to losts are like 1:20 for all my shinkis. They seem to skip turns/get stunned all the time in battles and their % to hit/evade are ridiculous irregardless of the stats/equips I give to it.

Chalkred
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 11
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: probably Gabrine

Re: How do u play this game?

Post by Chalkred » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:03 pm

"Are the stats even worth training at all?"

I-Suppose! but one would think, barely. this game is extremely hard. By the end it would depend on your foe as well ( the level of your hit stat on yer foe's dodge stat, and so on.)
I dont seem to be able to find balance with valona for example- she's useless no matter what i try , so aye. Its a very, very thoughtful game to play (which is odd since the game itself is but an autorun)

Sonja
Class S Shinki

Post by Sonja » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:37 pm

A lot of it deals with learning your shinki's strengths and weaknesses, and getting proper equipment to suit her. You will probably hit EX rank a few times if you start off with a somewhat unbalanced girl, but don't be discouraged! Fubuki is a good shinki to start towards getting equip, because she earns hers through leveling up. I've also have lost to several Fubukis using primarily their main equip.

The wiki is a very helpful resource - even with a translator it can really help you learn what your shinki likes and dislikes.

Sword
Battle Rondo Edification Officer
Shinkis owned: 25
MMS owned: 6
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Fubuki

Post by Sword » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:10 pm

Training does help, but i usually only do a bit at the start and then some more once i hit B rank. The rest of the levels i gain through OBs.

I find that having a nice setup and praising them properly makes more of a difference for their effectiveness. I usually start off with throwing them into the first C-class mission a few times to get their affection and range sense up.

gundamboi
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 20
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: SEED

Post by gundamboi » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:18 am

Same as Sword. i usually let them do a few training first before letting them get taught by angel sensei (1st class-C mission).

one thing to note too. the way you set up the shinki is in my opinion, more important than ur stats. i have a frd whose shinki have very low def stats but able to take dmg like tanks. just because his shinki was using Straf's body with one Def-based core.

so i guess u have to think of how you want ur shinki be fight like even before you name them.

Its also good to know when's the peak period of players.(so you dont run into situation where only 2~3 players with 200lv higher shinkis are playing). i usually fights once/twice a week. while the rest of the weekdays if i'm free will just let them get taught by angel sensei or other senseis.

Tobias
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 17
MMS owned: 16
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Tobias » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:01 am

"one thing to note too. the way you set up the shinki is in my opinion, more important than ur stats. i have a frd whose shinki have very low def stats but able to take dmg like tanks. just because his shinki was using Straf's body with one Def-based core."

I've seen a shinki like that before. Her def stat is only 10, but with 25% melee damage reduction and 300 armour worth of equipment, she only takes 1.4k damage from my 40 def + 300 armour Juvisy's Harvest Season. :x Their levels are 160 and 155 respectively.

And yea, timing is important. Going up on Saturday/Sunday nights (GMT +9 Japan Time) will net you more variety of opponents, meaning lesser chance of battling shinki who's levels are way higher than yours.