Triple Shinki Help Guide...(Strarf, Zelnogrard, Fort Bragg)

For help & discussion of Battle Rondo.

Moderator: Sword

ckpmax1989
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 13
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

Triple Shinki Help Guide...(Strarf, Zelnogrard, Fort Bragg)

Post by ckpmax1989 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:37 pm

I just got my Strarf bis, Zelnogrard and Fort Bragg in the mail today (WOOT!!!), since I got really good help from the Juvisy guide I made a while ago, why not ask for help for these three too. Not only will it help me but other people starting in Battle Rondo without much training knowledge.

What kind of builds are effective?
What CSCs compliment them or make their builds work?
What weapons types are they proficient at?
What stats do they excel in?

Hoping for your cooperation.
"The Heart of the Tempest beats eternal... and those beaten remember eternally."

Ninth
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 8
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Zelnogrard

Re: Triple Shinki Help Guide...(Strarf, Zelnogrard, Fort Bragg)

Post by Ninth » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:48 am

If I remember correctly from the Japanese wiki:

Strarf:
- Good with swords and pistols
- Bad with knuckles and launchers, despite coming with one of each

Zelnogrard:
- Good with all guns
- Bad with all melee weapons, except the bayonet on her pistol

Fort Bragg:
- Doubleplusgood with launchers
- Good with rifles
- I don't remember what she's bad with, but I'm guessing you should skip the melee weapons.

As for setups, I vaguely remember someone saying Strarf's own pistol and swords suck, but the knives she also comes with have a nice SP skill. For Fort Bragg, I gave her Fubuki's torso, with 110 mobility, her gems include a malachite (+10 mobility, a flat bonus unlike most other gems), and I've been training her with Zel's sniper rifle, the one with range 300~400. I cribbed that build from Seven Seals, he could probably tell you more.

I'm not really sure what to do with Zelnogrard, but I gave her FB's tension equipment, and her own shotgun. It does okay, but I'm fairly sure I'm doan sumting rong.
Battle Rondo username: ninerplease

Class A Shinki:
Panzer Melt
Class B Shinki:
Gunbunny HETARIA
Class C Shinki:
Cannon Utsuho
Angel Commando Gabrielle
Fighter Ijimeko
Not in Service:
Ninja Zubera
Firearms Kanna
Succubus Lilim

gundamboi
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 20
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: SEED

Post by gundamboi » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:08 pm

I have a Zelnogrard built with just her gattering gun
armour wise i had her chest (melee-25%) and shoulder, + bunny legs(+30 atk) and dolphin belt (+25 acc). of cause with the usual + acc stuff like LSS (there's a better one now which i have no spt to buy T_T) and Zel's own infra-red helmet with the new item u can use the golden crown. u can get a bit load of acc.
as for the most important thing is her white angel wings.

she pawned everyone all the way till Class A where i failed her by training her up to use the gaint 16 hit gattering gun that deals like 50 dmg more than hers. and lose 20+ 30 lv which makes her just missing her Class S.

but well, that build u can do nothing about it. just a see-who-can-shoot-who-to-death battle, while u can keep using 200 sp to heal urself :P

ckpmax1989
Class C Shinki

Post by ckpmax1989 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:33 am

Hmm it seems theres a couple of workable Zel builds out there...I was kinda suprised cause some people post there Zel builds as "Fail builds" lol. But it seems to me that Bragg's set is made of suck, is it true?
"The Heart of the Tempest beats eternal... and those beaten remember eternally."

Ninth
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 8
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Zelnogrard

Post by Ninth » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:30 pm

If you want to create a tension setup for your shinki, and have a choice between multiple sets, don't go with Bragg's. One of the pieces of equipment needed to complete the set is Bragg's cannon, which if actually used to attack can prevent you from filling up the tension meter. Make sure whoever you want to use Bragg's tension set, is trained to stay closer than the 200~400 range needed to use that cannon.

Zel's chaingun, or gattling gun, has a devastating attack power spread out over six or eight shots, and operates in a more comfortable range than Bragg's or Strarf's launchers, but has the same terrible accuracy. Keep an eye out for enemies with high Evasion, and don't bring that gun to a fight with them.
Battle Rondo username: ninerplease

Class A Shinki:
Panzer Melt
Class B Shinki:
Gunbunny HETARIA
Class C Shinki:
Cannon Utsuho
Angel Commando Gabrielle
Fighter Ijimeko
Not in Service:
Ninja Zubera
Firearms Kanna
Succubus Lilim

PenPen
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 15
MMS owned: 15
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by PenPen » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:18 pm

[Report:]
(Taking a needed break from coding...)

Well, I haven't had a chance to own Zel, and my Bragg is still fighting her way to rank S (after the 4th restore, she finally acting like a rank S candidate) at the moment... Which means I will only talk about Strarf for now - the old type, not the white version!

===== ===== The following will be based on personal experience, not suitable for everyone's liking ===== =====

Since the old days (oh wait, it's been only 2 years) when tri-range is possible, Strarf is defined as "Tank" by default.

Many players would agree that Strarf is one of the top rank S candidates - high defense (better than mermaid/knight, only slightly worse than Juvisy), good weight-bearer, high HP grow rate (Howling > knight >= strarf) and high attack. Oh, and the twin ponytails? Definitely a winner!

On the other side, Strarf has quite a few major draw-backs that could cause her owner weeping in the middle of the night: horrible under-water (Aqua and Deep - either put on a water-based equipment, having aquamarine csc or just give it up...), horrible mobility (this is the common trait for defense type Shinki, but to make it worse with low SP means no movement skill to counter it), low SP grow rate (using skill is the major factor to stay in the late game, unless by using the magic wand...) and low accuracy.

...Being one of the eldests, Strarf comes a long way and have many fighting style (equipment + setup). Here is two of them:

Twin Bee Harvester (you need angel type's rank S reward, gem reward, Juvisy's tension armors) - a counter to the regular "Baton Harvester" style, twin bee attack will make sure the opponent Shinki's tension doesn't go up, and provide good accuracy and damage output. With Strarf's defense, harvester can easily hit close to 2000 once activated. (Juvisy being 2000+ easily...)

Magic Wand + White Wing + dual Shields (SPT item, SPT item... Then just train for A LOT of attack levels...) - a common build for high attack, low accuracy, high HP Shinki like Strarf/knight type. Magic wand means 100% hit ratio, white wing means not dying, duel shields provides -50% damage taken from throwing and shooting attacks. This is the style that will kill most non-platinum opponents, boring ensures....

...oh, and "give her a pistal and she will make it looks amazing".

(Need to get back to work now.)
[End of report]

gundamboi
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 20
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: SEED

Post by gundamboi » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:28 am

yes, i agree.. the twin bees is a horror. dealing 600~900 dmg (4 x hits) normally. high acc and minus a lot of tension.. my baton havesters has almost all the time lose to them. lol alright. let alone tension builds. even all my other builds have 2x difficulty with them.

one thing though, if u have the codes for the Nurse set, they gives you the baby dragon which minus ur opponent's tension like mad too. with these two, its the best tension versus tension u can get. (too bad my Angel still Rank B T_T)

Btw, you doesnt need to CSC Restore your Shinki so many times to get them to S
true, restoring gives u higher chance. but now with unlimited CSC exchange (if u grind for achievements) u can always get ur shinki into a 3x rare grade core and exterminate your opponent easily.

i just got 4 Shinkis to Class S 1st try, mainly the more overpowered once (MaoChao, Knight, Howling, Juvisy)
and i had 2 near pass (Yda, Zel) which is my own faught for fooling ard with their stats till they cant win properly after Class A.

in my view, just get a few different sets but stick to one or two for them to concentrate on. if there are sets that your enemy has to counter those, just switch to one that's high def, high -% shields, and a white angel wings. and then hope that your normal attack can kill them in 10 turns. (at least you will be save from losing badly~)

p.s: meanwhile,im shall continue trying to figure out how in the world you can use the Flower-type effectively

PenPen
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 15
MMS owned: 15
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by PenPen » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:50 pm

[Report:]
I can only say that you are blessed by goddess of winning... :cheesygrin:

Ever since gem/CSCexchange became available, players who are willing to spend time to farm can get whatever CSCthey want - this brings a new meaning to the phrase "CSC advantage".

Although two CSC are the same, their adding bonus differs - it could be the best case, but often it is the worst case. (For example, triple cat eyes don't add much into mobility boost, triple diamonds only rank up to 240 with huge HP/SP growth deduction, etc.) And in the case of not being able to get into rank S because of the CSCs, two solutions are available - CSC reset or CSC restore with reactor.

I normally look into a few traits to consider if my Shinki is rank S candidate:
1) Rank test battle (under the mission) - first thing I would try out after the Shinki in question had just ranked up, a candidate should be able to beat both test even with the level difference; because comparing to the battle between players, the mock battle is much easier.
2) Winning ratio of the previous rank - rank C is often 0.85+, rank B is often 0.8+, rank A is often 0.6+. Well, this does not work with every Shinki and there are many exceptions, but this is the range I felt most comfortable with.
3) Performance while battling with other players - my Shinkis' battle, virtual battle and tea room battle helps. And helps a lot.

...Not all of my girls were lucky enough to move into rank S in one shot. Flower type also had a huge problem with evasion and mobility with 2 restores. (Initial setup, after first restore and after second restore - 573 was telling the truth that reactor may not help at all...) ...Well, I guess you can say that I am very used to restore already...
[End of report]

ckpmax1989
Class C Shinki

Post by ckpmax1989 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:23 pm

What is that "reactor" you guys keep mentioning?

Sword
Battle Rondo Edification Officer
Shinkis owned: 25
MMS owned: 6
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Fubuki

Post by Sword » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:20 am

An SPT item that gets you a slightly better/different effect when you CSC restore your shinki.