Moderator: Sword

Rinkun
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 3
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

want some some advise as a new player

Post by Rinkun » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:07 am

Hi to everyone here,iam new to this game and just wondering if i can have some advise on some basic thing if possible.

1.Is there any advantage S class have over EX except for the fact you need S class to unlock some achivement and get item like Tenshi no yuwaku?

2.What are "sense"? From what i understand from the various thread in the forum sense is the range your shinki will try to keep between her and her opponent and you can alter that somehow. If iam wrong please correct me. If iam not then can someone explain in as detail as possible what method i can use to change that.

3.Another thing relate to sense is the comment you make to your shinki after battle, so praise her she will keep her current fighting style and scold her and she will change? I read in one of the thread that the comment you make will also affect the accuracy of weapon as well,is that true?

4.What does affection affect?

5.I know you can get CSC through achivement or swap from shop using gems but don't you have to trade in CSC to actually get those gem? then i dont understand how could you guys get like Tri-Diamand set up and so cause it cost alot.Are those CSC achivment repeatable?(of course maybe it doesn't matter to me now seen Those CSC set up seem like a advanced player sort of thing ,but hey no harm in knowing in advance ,right? ;) )

6.Is there any way to increase the damage for skills? i mean is nice that skill have 100% hit chance but for Fubuki the damage of the 忍刃鎌 is about the same as the shuriken if not less if my opponent didnt defence.

7.Just recetly i got my hand on the 2 shinkis you get form the psp game and is wondering what build do you guys suggest i should aim for my arnval and starf?

8.any General tips the more advanced player can share that is useful for beginner?

These are the only thing that i can think of at the moment. I want to add this at the end, the game sure isn't n00b friendly but so far i been enjoying it.but getting my arse kick but someone about 30 level below me isnt feeling that good...
Thank in advanced for reading this long(sort of) post.

P.s got my Fubuki her 10th win at level 50........lucky me?

gundamboi
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 20
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: SEED

Re: want some some advise as a new player

Post by gundamboi » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:42 am

*sry for the short and sudden reply*

All im going to say is... since you are so new, just play around a bit longer and most of the questions wll be answered by yourself.
(too lazy to explain and i think it'll be a lot a lot more enjoyable to start this game without so much technical stuff and just enjoy it first.)

PenPen
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 15
MMS owned: 15
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by PenPen » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:43 pm

[Report:]
Sorry for not using quote... I was trying to save some space here...

The biggest attraction (may differs from person to person) for reaching Rank S is the reward equipment. (And Rank S secret mission equipment - Succubus set)

There may be some rank S only events, but those happens very rarely.

Most of the time (or at least back in the good old days), rank S is an indication that Shinki is really strong. According to 573's statics long ago, rank S is only top 4% of all Shinki out there.

2 & 3.
During battle, the distance between two Shinki is break down into three ranges - close (0 to 100), mid (100.1 to 200) and long (200.1 to 400).

Each Shinki, at each range, has a "range sense" that is from the scale of -10 to 10. Higher the range sense, better result (damage, damage reduction, dodge rate, accuracy) she comes up within that range.

General direction is that if you praise her in the end battle comment (disregard win or lose), her range sense increases with the range she attacks from the most in that battle, decreases with the range she least attack from. And if scold, increases the least attack from and increase the most attack from.

...However, things are not that simple, due to the fact that end comment also affect battle style and affection. (Which I will skip for now.)

Affection, well, depend on what your interests lies, I personally like to see the difference on poke/pet reaction. But uh...

Normally with high affection, you can alter your Shinki's action in a battle by giving different battle command. The very basic example would be that you can ask a high dodge Shinki to go defense every turn with battle command, and she will follows it.

This plays a big part when you working on changing a Shinki's battle style, too.

CSC can be earned by going through repeatable achievement - some farming is needed, but totally worth it.

There is a term called "CSC advantage" - one of the factor for a Shinki with 100 level lower to win. (Wanna guess how it was done?)

To increase the damage of a skill, the very basic would be to increase SP level, increase range sense and having "increase damage from damage type" equipment.

Also, there are some skills that increase damage base on your Shinki's stat, equipment stat, etc.

And even though it is proven that "use the type of skill attack that she's good with" does not have anything to do with damage from skill, I personally still blindly believe so.

7 & 8.
When you go into a battle, don't jump right into equipment selection and/or hit ready -- look at the opponent's equipment sets, take special note on the opponent whom is "potential rank S candidate" (or, higher winning ratio). Run some simulation battles if you can/want, too.

Think about why your opponent grow the stat that way, why those equipment, what's the most used equipment used in the past 10 battles (everyone has some sort of main/default set they go with).

If you don't have certain equipments, your selection of battle styles is limited.

With equipments, experience on how to set up the battle style kicks in. (Last week, I have seen a Gold level player in EX swapping with every single of equipment possible -- I got 29 wins in a row from my Strarf mk II with just using her main set 80% of the time. I really should thank him/her...)

Of course, you can't really do much if the Shinki in question does not have good CSC bonus.

Then that also means to spend time to farm/trade CSC you wanted to go with...

----- ----- ----- ----- -----

Over all, if you want to go big, BR require lots of money/time/energy.

...You may have seen Shinki with over 8000LP and 2500+SP, but think about how she ended with her stat...
[End of report]

edit: After thinking it through, BR doesn't seem to have a huge learning curve, it just takes a lot of time to fine tune everything...

Rinkun
Class C Shinki

Post by Rinkun » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:50 pm

Thank for your answer PenPen it clear alot of thing that i wasnt sure about.
Thank you very much.
At the moment iam playing with my Arnval mkII and my strategy so far is to keep moving backward and use LC5 laser rifle from outside 200 range(since most people dont seem to have any weapon to counter that)
The only problem i am having is when either the stage is at night or the fact they can move longer range than me.
So iam just wondering does mobility(the stat) affect the distance i can cover in a single move phrase? If not does any stat does?

About the CSC Diamond is the best CSC ,isn't it?

Totally unrelate but this guy sure have alot of money:D
Attachments
14c5a96678d4c0.jpg
14c5a96678d4c0.jpg (762.3 KiB) Viewed 4940 times

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper
Shinkis owned: 32
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Space Shuttle Arnval

Post by halconfenix » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:55 pm

Rinkun wrote:Totally unrelate but this guy sure have alot of money:D
are you sure?

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1057

Rinkun
Class C Shinki

Post by Rinkun » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:14 pm

halconfenix wrote:
Rinkun wrote:Totally unrelate but this guy sure have alot of money:D
are you sure?

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1057
Well if he got almost all of them than he spend quite abit of money on them,no? :maochao: