Moderator: Sword

catacyst
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Re: Few Newbie Questions

Post by catacyst » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:48 pm

I'm by all means no expert on the game myself, but in comparison, Strarf Bis's equipment is definitely good for giving your Shinki just that much more armor. Her heavy equipment might not be good for a Fubuki though, as they tend to limit dodge and movement, but her smaller bits may do the trick.
Come visit my blog:

MaximumBurst
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 1
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Yda

Post by MaximumBurst » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:09 am

I'll be honest. It usually takes about 4+ other Shinkis that have good, compatible parts, plus some important items from the SPT shop to "dominate". A lot of the players these days are quite stacked, and you have to get lucky to fight someone who can easily be beaten. The thing about having a lot of parts available is that it allows you to have different setups to counter whatever other setups your opponents use; sort of like a very complicated game of rock-paper-scissors. With having a few Shinkis and parts, your methods of winning are limited and unfortunately, it won't be very easy to win against people who spend lots of real money for the game.

I really don't want it to be discouraging or anything, but it's really the truth. When I started out, I only had Fubuki and Yda, and it didn't work out too well. I caved and bought some SPT to get Asuka and Benio and some items, and I'm still having trouble with A-class opponents.
If you have an unused Maochao Battle Rondo code and don't plan on using it, please send me a PM! I'd gladly accept any other unused codes as well. :schmetterling:

Zero_Blazer
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 8
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ach and Tempesta

Post by Zero_Blazer » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:15 am

Lol, that sucks.

Although I won't be getting any new shinki anytime soon after Strarf bis and Velona, I'll try and open up my array of weaponry afterward when I get a bit more money. >_<

As for SPT, which I'm guessing in the in-game shop, I'm not really into buying things for just game use. The Shinkis are fine because I can use them outside of the game, but for things that are game only, it just feels a bit weird.

Sword
Battle Rondo Edification Officer
Shinkis owned: 25
MMS owned: 6
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Fubuki

Post by Sword » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:03 am

I'm not so impressed with the SPT stuff lately. There's lots of mission/event/S-class rewards that are just as good or better, i feel.

Having lots of shinki really is handy to have decent to strong builds tho. Like having a couple of mecha shinki, or japanese style ones.

Zero_Blazer
Class A Shinki

Post by Zero_Blazer » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:32 am

If still available in maybe 2 months, I was hoping for Eukrante or Altene as my next shinki. The one I really want is probably Ach, but as most already know, she's impossible to find. Especially cheap. I'm guessing I should try and get Asuka or something though. I read somewhere that the Japanese shinkis have biased equipment for some reason. As for the rest, I can't say I like them very much. Hopefully Battle Masters will get me more in touch with the characters to widen my view.

For now, I'm very tempted to just constantly do training for my Fubuki, but I heard that'll basically kill her AI, so I might just keep losing and losing, since it doesn't really do much other than increase my loss count, and it still ups my stats.

Finally, a question. Sword, you mentioned Events? Is that a type of mission? And when would I be able to get it?

EDIT: Sorry another question. Will I get CSC parts after registering new shinki, or will I have to buy them online or unlock them some other way? Cause I only have 2 spares. =/

Sword

Post by Sword » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:20 am

You get CSC by getting achievements, basically. A lot of them are repeatable too, like getting a perfect victory, getting a shinki to max level etc.

The CSC you have can be traded for GEMs, which can then be exchanged for other CSC or some items.

Konami used to do events with reward items. The last one was cancelled because it was buggy... i'm hoping it'll return sometime soon. I think most of the items you could get are now in the lottery?

Zero_Blazer
Class A Shinki

Post by Zero_Blazer » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:28 am

Oh. :sad:

Okay, guess I'm taking Fubuki apart after Strarf comes.

Sword

Post by Sword » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:40 am

Just play more official battles. That should get you some CSC.

Zero_Blazer
Class A Shinki

Post by Zero_Blazer » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:41 am

Lol hopefully I don't have to win. Just fought a Black Wing Fubuki and got pwned. XD

catacyst
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by catacyst » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:46 pm

It is true that you get CSC from new Shinki, no? While I haven't kept exact track of all my CSC, I have noticed extras added when I activated my Arnval. Still, these CSC seem to be only the basic ones. You'll need missions, achievements, and GEMs for the higher-tier CSC.
Come visit my blog: