MaximumBurst
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 1
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Yda

Re: Maximum Burst's Questions

Post by MaximumBurst » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:05 pm

PenPen wrote:[Report:]

...Normally I go with bloomer (school) for the color mix & match, and there should be one more that changes the body to naked, but I just can't remember what it is...

===== ===== ===== ===== =====

This goes to all successful Shinki, but tri-diamonds gets some extra mileage...

Four things from the owner that determines if a Shinki is "strong" or not:

Experience, Time, Luck, Money.

...Tri-diamonds can be really strong, yet it can also be an ever-lasting pain-in-the-behind.
[End of report]
Ah, I see. So skin color costs real money! The Denim Pants from the shop also gives flesh color it seems. It's too bad that the Hotpants from the GEM shop are pretty much the same armor, but don't give the flesh color.

I guess I better try out some other builds before trying a tri-diamond. Thankfully I got a lot of GEM from the Premium day yesterday.

Now that this is up to 4 pages, I'd also like to say, "Thank you," to everyone who has helped me out in the this thread. I've learned a lot. I hope this thread can also help other people who might start playing this game.

Edit: I'd just like to note that the "10 consecutive defeats" achievement is unexpectedly difficult to obtain for me. My strategy was to flip a level 0 Shinki to EX and fight much higher level opponents. It works for a while, but I always run into guys who have "don't do damage" setups with items like the Champagne Bottle and the Vinyl Slipper, and the battles end in a draw. Horrible!
:ach:
If you have an unused Maochao Battle Rondo code and don't plan on using it, please send me a PM! I'd gladly accept any other unused codes as well. :schmetterling:

Sword
Battle Rondo Edification Officer
Shinkis owned: 25
MMS owned: 6
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Fubuki

Post by Sword » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:46 am

Tri-diamond builds usually are quite bad at the start. Their growth is painfully slow compared to 'normal' builds, but they usually do end up stronger than any level 150 build.

A more interesting question is whether 3 diamond is stronger than 2 diamond + black opal or something. I personally feel those two are too close to call up front.

persocomsan
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 41
MMS owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altines/Valona

Post by persocomsan » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:54 am

MaximumBurst wrote: Edit: I'd just like to note that the "10 consecutive defeats" achievement is unexpectedly difficult to obtain for me. My strategy was to flip a level 0 Shinki to EX and fight much higher level opponents. It works for a while, but I always run into guys who have "don't do damage" setups with items like the Champagne Bottle and the Vinyl Slipper, and the battles end in a draw. Horrible!
:ach:
I could help you out with that one perhaps. I'm usually around and bored at times when nobody else is playing, and I got that pass until the 26th, so yeah.

MaximumBurst
Class A Shinki

Post by MaximumBurst » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:20 pm

So after realizing that maybe EX rank people would rather level up SP on me than defeat me, I went for the C-class route, since C-class people should want to win. Well, that didn't work out so well either because my unequipped Shinki was still able to beat someone. I was able to get 5 in a row eventually. I hope I luck out tonight. I can't believe the effort it's taking to LOSE. lol
If you have an unused Maochao Battle Rondo code and don't plan on using it, please send me a PM! I'd gladly accept any other unused codes as well. :schmetterling:

MaximumBurst
Class A Shinki

Post by MaximumBurst » Thu May 06, 2010 3:12 pm

Okay, this time I'm wondering if anyone could give some suggestions for forcing DRAW matches at early levels. I'm trying to level up an SP-type Shinki, and I think the general strategy is to get DRAWs so that SP levels up, and when it hits the right levels (10-15), start winning using SP.

I'm using 3 Black Opals, and I want to shoot for something close to:

LP Lv.25
SP Lv.70
Attack Lv.10
Accuracy Lv.15
Evasion Lv.15
Guard Lv.20

I know that Black Opals have a chance to raise the level cap, but I'll just worry about that when I get there. One idea I had is to level guard to 20 so that I could use those two shields with the melee damage -50% and throwing damage -50% bonuses. Combining those with other similar bonuses would make my Shinki pretty sturdy. I think another option would be to try to go for high mobility. Moving out of the opponent's attack range can easily cause a DRAW.

Any success stories out there?

MaximumBurst
Class A Shinki

Post by MaximumBurst » Wed May 12, 2010 12:54 am

Here's a question: Is there a range sense for Guarding?

My Shinkis seem to be comfortable guarding ranged attacks, but they don't like to guard melee attacks. Is this one of those things that you need to teach your Shinkis through repeating missions over and over again?

Sword
Battle Rondo Edification Officer
Shinkis owned: 25
MMS owned: 6
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Fubuki

Post by Sword » Wed May 12, 2010 4:53 am

MaximumBurst wrote:Here's a question: Is there a range sense for Guarding?

My Shinkis seem to be comfortable guarding ranged attacks, but they don't like to guard melee attacks. Is this one of those things that you need to teach your Shinkis through repeating missions over and over again?
I don't think there is... Aren't they just moving or preparing for/recovering from attacks themselves?

MaximumBurst
Class A Shinki

Post by MaximumBurst » Fri May 21, 2010 10:40 pm

Sword wrote:I don't think there is... Aren't they just moving or preparing for/recovering from attacks themselves?
I don't know what it could be. I've seen her block in all different kinds of phases, but she can't just do it constantly at any range. I've had her set to guard for the majority of her life, so I don't know why she's still being so picky.

This time, I have a question about range sense. Is it possible to be good at all ranges? Let's say that you win 10 missions using a close range weapon, then 10 with a middle range weapon, then 10 with a long range weapon, and then 10 with a semi-close range weapon. Would the close range get a little worse or would your Shinki perform equally well at all 4?

PenPen
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 15
MMS owned: 15
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by PenPen » Sat May 29, 2010 10:50 am

[Report:]
MaximumBurst wrote:This time, I have a question about range sense. Is it possible to be good at all ranges? Let's say that you win 10 missions using a close range weapon, then 10 with a middle range weapon, then 10 with a long range weapon, and then 10 with a semi-close range weapon. Would the close range get a little worse or would your Shinki perform equally well at all 4?
Tri-range has became impossible since March '08. (However, the wiki says otherwise - that there is a change on deduction's value since January '10.)

Because you have +1 and -1 to evenly distribute to most/least used range when you praise/scold at the end battle comment. It is balanced out so you can only maxed (having +10) in dual range, for example:

In one battle, Close 6, Mid 0, Long 0, with Praise = Close +1, Mid -0.5, Long - 0.5
In one battle, Close 4, Mid 1, Long 0, with Praise = Close +1, Mid +-0, Long -1
In one battle, Close 3, Mid 3, Long 0, with Praise = Close +0.5, Mid +0.5, Long -1
In one battle, Close 1, Mid 1, Long 1, with Praise = Close +-0, Mid +-0, Long +-0

...Once again, there is a part on the wiki says that "...as of Jan '10, now it does +1/-0.8, not +1/-1..." -- which means, Tri-range or semi-tri should be possible.
[End of report]

PS: Personally, I doubt that 573 will change -1 to -0.8 judging from their update status...

MaximumBurst
Class A Shinki

Post by MaximumBurst » Sat May 29, 2010 12:01 pm

Ah ha. I knew it. I've been training my Shinkis to do well at multiple ranges. I can't decide if I should just keep it a little balanced or just go back to purely one range.

And it's broken up into only 3 ranges? Short = 0~100, Middle = 100~300, Long = 300~400?