Moderator: Sword

OHWceta
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 9
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Masurao

Is there any hope?

Post by OHWceta » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:29 am

I really want to see Marienda in action on Battle Rondo. Is there any hope for me if I know absolutely no Japanese? Is there like a guide for dummies out there on how to work it?
Like to RP? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome. If we don't have something you like feel free to add it.

http://roleplayparadiseii.forumotion.com/forum.htm

MaximumBurst
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 1
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Yda

Re: Is there any hope?

Post by MaximumBurst » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:37 am

Well, at this moment, Merienda isn't available for Battle Rondo. You can only use her in Diorama Studio. As for being able to play Battle Rondo without knowing any Japanese, it's possible if you look through the posts in this forum and use the one FAQ on Gamefaqs to get started.

Having a Firefox add-on called "Perapera-kun" makes going through the Japanese Wiki pretty easy, too.
If you have an unused Maochao Battle Rondo code and don't plan on using it, please send me a PM! I'd gladly accept any other unused codes as well. :schmetterling:

OHWceta
Class S Shinki

Post by OHWceta » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:01 pm

Are they both available on the official Busou Shinki website? I never even heard of Diorama Studio until I started looking around this site.
Like to RP? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome. If we don't have something you like feel free to add it.

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:08 pm

They're both installed at the same time. It's impossible to have one without the other.

Sparkster
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 8
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Sparkster » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:44 pm

Diorama Studio is pretty easy to follow even though the main menu is in Japanese. After some trial and error you're set. The bigger issue is jumping the hoops to get a Konami ID, and then installing the game (You have to set your clock to Japan's Timezone at one point to update).

Playing Battle Rondo is doable, but even with the wiki it's hard to determine some of the more advanced concepts going on in the game. You can still play around with Fubuki and get a feel for the game and all, but you're at a handicap even if you have other shinkis.

Not being able to read enemy equipment can very well lead to silly losses and eradicates some of the simple guessing games at the loadout screen.

OHWceta
Class S Shinki

Post by OHWceta » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:38 pm

So if I follow the guide to set up Battle Rondo I get both? Then all I have to do is startup whichever one I want to play?

So on the game do you get multiple shinkis or only one? And will Waffe Dolphin be its own character or will it be just equipment to put on one of your other shinkis?

MaximumBurst
Class A Shinki

Post by MaximumBurst » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:17 am

OHWceta wrote:So if I follow the guide to set up Battle Rondo I get both? Then all I have to do is startup whichever one I want to play?

So on the game do you get multiple shinkis or only one? And will Waffe Dolphin be its own character or will it be just equipment to put on one of your other shinkis?
1. The process to set up a Konami ID is a little different now; it's actually a little easier. Basically, you go to https://www.konamistyle.jp/em/pg/frlogin.php then click on the big red button on the bottom. Then you put in your birthday, e-mail address, put the letters in the box, click the checkbox at the bottom, and then click the button. Then if I remember right, an e-mail will be sent to you with a link to the next step. The next steps then are just like the ones in the guide, except that there are less required fields now (ones denoted with a red asterisk). And when it comes to making a username try to make one that uses letters, numbers, and a hyphen or underscore (e.g. konami_573).

2. Yes.

3. When you start the game, you get a Fubuki right at the start. You'll have to either buy new Shinkis from the game shop using SPT (which is purchased with real money) or enter access codes for Shinkis. For Battle Rondo, only Shinkis up to Wave 8 (Murmeltier and Asuka) and Light Armor Wave 1 (Werkstra and Valona) are in. Any repaints of these including ones that are only available in Battle Rondo are also in.

4. Waffe Dolphin will be its own character.
If you have an unused Maochao Battle Rondo code and don't plan on using it, please send me a PM! I'd gladly accept any other unused codes as well. :schmetterling:

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:22 pm

Actually, Waffebunny won't be complete, in the game. She still won't have her own body.

MaximumBurst
Class A Shinki

Post by MaximumBurst » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:32 pm

Xehn wrote:Actually, Waffebunny won't be complete, in the game. She still won't have her own body.
Really? So then does that mean that you have to buy the bodies for those EX Weapon sets with SPT? That sucks. The Waffe Dolphin body doesn't even look that good to use...

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper
Shinkis owned: 32
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Space Shuttle Arnval

Post by halconfenix » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:02 pm

MaximumBurst wrote:
Xehn wrote:Actually, Waffebunny won't be complete, in the game. She still won't have her own body.
Really? So then does that mean that you have to buy the bodies for those EX Weapon sets with SPT? That sucks. The Waffe Dolphin body doesn't even look that good to use...
if you haven't activated any other shinki, like fubuki, you can user her body for w-dolphin, although you have to look for proper body stats to take full advantage of your shinki