Talk about other toys we collect.
star
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

REVOLTECH!

Post by star » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:02 pm

this thread is for over all normal, not queen's blade figures, if its cast off, its not here! and it wont be so dont put it here to spite me, you will be reported and queen's blade has its own topic so put that stuff there ok? this is for revoltech toys you wish to review, or read about, please feel free to post pics and long detailed descriptions if you feel the need, and as always have fun! XD :D but realy, no cast off here at all

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Re: REVOLTECH!

Post by Storm Wing » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:04 am

I got:
- Dante
- Johannes Krauser II
*shown here with TFA SoundWave

- Levy
*shown here with TF Movie Arcee

- Nicholas D. Wolfwood

- Arbalest

- Gurren Lagann
- Lazengann
- Enki

Not much, because i prefer Figma... But those Revoltechs of mine is my favorite. I'm planning on making the RevoRama of Gurren Lagann's Giga Drill Breaker (albeit it supposed to be Chou Gin'ga Gurren Lagann's Giga Drill Breaker)
Last edited by Storm Wing on Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cut! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut CUT!!
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:17 am

*punts thread into the proper forum* Other Toys, yo.

star
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Post by star » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:21 pm

Xehn wrote:*punts thread into the proper forum* Other Toys, yo.
oops, sorry, didnt see that, i was in a hurry to make this, to stop clutter in my other topic :ianeira: :tsugaru:

blade_anime
Class S Shinki
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: All of mine

Post by blade_anime » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:23 pm

Well, as you may know, I reviewed the Revoltech Chosokabe in the Revoltech Queen's blade thread, because this one didn't exist before. For posterity's sake, I'm moving it here. *Ahem* her it is.

I'll do a review of Chosokabe for the hell of it, because he's so awesome. What I love about Chosokabe the most is his Anchor weapon and its chain. The chain is very flexible with a peg on one end, and I've even posed it spiraling outwards around the weapon. The weapon itself has a peg on each end, one right below the anchor and one near the end of the..... Bar I guess you could call it. Anyways, this means that he can ride the anchor like he does in the games, and it is awesome! Also, the Anchor part can detatch and attatch to the chain, meaining that it can be used somewhat like a ball and chain, and the peg right below the anchor means that you can use the included stand to support it. I have my figure posed mid swing that way. You have to see it to get what I'm talking about I suppose.
The figure also has an alternate face, which for the life of me I can't figure out how to replace the normal one with. He also has hands in fists as well as in two in a universal grasping position (ie the only difference is one is the right hand and one is the left) and one alternate grasping hand. He also has a hand for giving a thumbs up. Or a thumbs down, depending on how you look at it.
Now, aside from the usual problems with revoltechs (such as neck articulation being wacky) there are a couple of things I really don't like about this figure. For one thing, his... Um, I don't know what you'd call it really, but he has a piece of "Cloth" hanging down in a fixed pose rather low, leading to potential balance issues as well as the fact that he can't really sit down. I guess you could say it's the lower part of his coat?
Then there's the strange way the torso is connected to the waist. Namely the fact that it isn't. It's attatched to that part I was talking about before, which is in turn attatched to the waist. Not only can this lead to posing problems, it can also lead to some simply weird looking gaps. His neck and torso have a similar problem, but it's not nearly as bad. I would have preffered both parts of his coat to be removable however so that they don't get in the way. The sleeves of his coat (which he wears over his shoulders) are slightly poseable, forever picked up by the movement of the air. Of course, the revoltech joint holding one of them broke inside the socket when I was trying to move it, so I could use tips on extracting the stuck part and glueing it back together without neutering the joint. Anyways, this figure is VERY impressive in terms of detail, and despite all of the flaws, I would highly reccomend it, even if you only get it for his weapon. I cannot stress how awesome his weapon is.

Hylian Pirate
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 31
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Post by Hylian Pirate » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:33 pm

I've got a bunch of the Gurren Lagann stuff now. I started with the full-drillized GL, and then got Gurren and Lagann, regular Gurren Lagann, and Lazengann off of Amiami. Hoping to pull a lucky snag with Arc, Super Galaxy, and Tengen Toppa GLs, too. Enki would be a great find to finish off GL's wings... Beyond that, I picked up a Reycall Orichalcum and a Fraulien Haruhi bunny suit whilst doing a bit of Christmas shopping.

I brought Gurren Lagann to my local comic shop one day and a friend of mine had an absolute blast tearing him apart and part-swapping all the revolver joint pieces. You can actually see some of that going on here. Cory there wants to get a series of sorts going. I don't know if it'll work out, but it gives me an excuse to be a big kid and go over to a friend's house to play :cheesygrin: We try to do an action figure day at least once a week. HP brings a huge box of toys and everyone has a blast. I've even introduced some Busou Shinki to the group. Cory's girlfriend immediately wanted to play with the dolls with interchangeable boobs, and Cory fell in love with Graffias and Vespelio. He plays an assassin in D&D, so I can't really blame him there.

Anyway, Revoltech is pretty darned fun. I look forward to picking up some more just to have a bit more fun with part-swapping.

blade_anime
Class S Shinki
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: All of mine

Post by blade_anime » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:48 pm

What the hell was that :eek:
It might be a good idea to make that a series, but I would reccomend a bit more coherency. What I hate about the fuldrillized version of Gurren Lagann is that he can't really use his drill acessory. And his drill fangs can get in the way of posing. I think it's a good example of a toy that would make the people in charge of US safety laws have a coniption. A bunch of small parts AND the entire thing has lots of pointy, relatively hard plastic.

Hylian Pirate
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 31
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Post by Hylian Pirate » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:43 pm

That, BA, is exactly what it looks like: a man screwing around with a toy with interchangeable parts and spewing the first random nonsense that comes to his head. He also hadn't seen Gurren Lagann at that point (this has since been remedied), otherwise there might've been a bit more direction to that... He wants to take the series in a "Marvel vs DC" direction. Again, I don't know if it's actually a good idea, but it could be fun. Video editing credit goes to the guy who posted the video, by the way, who is neither myself nor Cory.

I admit that I don't like the full drill GL near as much as the regular version, but he was cheap and available much faster than the others. One of the ideas we had was that we'd toss regular GL as if we were playing catch and edit the video to have drill GL coming at the recipient. It's the only toy that pokes holes in its bag... Even though he's a pain in the hand toy, he still makes a neat display piece. I also think I payed something like $14 shipped for him, so I'm not displeased at all, especially since I got a second Core Drill out of the deal!

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Post by Storm Wing » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:36 am

blade_anime wrote:What the hell was that :eek:
It might be a good idea to make that a series, but I would recommend a bit more coherency. What I hate about the fuldrillized version of Gurren Lagann is that he can't really use his drill acessory. And his drill fangs can get in the way of posing. I think it's a good example of a toy that would make the people in charge of US safety laws have a coniption. A bunch of small parts AND the entire thing has lots of pointy, relatively hard plastic.
Actually, if, and i mean IF, i have a Full Drill Gurren Lagann, i'd like to replace it's chest & back with the normal, so you can use the wing backpack :cheesygrin: And yeah, the drill on his wrist makes him can't held/wield his drill. HOWEVER!! You can always download the Giga Drill Breaker papercraft & make your own Giga Drill Breaker. Of course, it'll be awesome to see him use the Giga Drill Breaker in Full Drillized mode :headbang:

*sigh* I want a GaoGaiGar Revlotech... =_=;;
Cut! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut CUT!!
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

Mikuo_Hatsune
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 163
MMS owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Murmeltier

Post by Mikuo_Hatsune » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:46 am

I have 12 of these and Its growing.. Im not stopping till I get 20...
I had planned to do a photoshoot with these guys for the whole day but today it rained
limiting me to only one scene , had to pack up ASAP after cause it was pouring on me and them
Revoltech : Protect Gear 061

As you can see , theres ALOT more Panzercops in that container

Don't Follow Me On Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/ODST813