Talk about other toys we collect.
star
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Re: Queen's Blade Toys

Post by star » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:24 pm

@ Stormwing: my Alice was pre-order new and she had sticky whips also so I don't think that yours was used "that way"

so I don't mind sanding and glueing because I've done much more complicated work than that, but what paints do you use if they don't supply them? I don't like Acrilic because it is kinda sticky and I don't have those colors in modeling paint, and how do they assure that the figures will be uniform if they don't issue the colors with the figure? I am highly interested in building a model now, maybe I will order her and set her aside until I've had some practice, she will come in pieces to the point were the whole piece is almost one color anyways right? and isn't there an Echidna resin model someplace out there? maybe I'll hunt that down as well

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Post by Storm Wing » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:44 pm

star wrote:@ Stormwing: my Alice was pre-order new and she had sticky whips also so I don't think that yours was used "that way"
^Ah, thanx for the info & the confirmation ^_^

FYI, Joeyz1231 is having a trip to Singapore, so i ask him if he can find QB Revo Sigui 2P for me. Turns out her body & hair is MATCH with the 1p counterpart! So you can actually pick 1 body for S mode & 1 body for M mode, PERMANENTLY }:>

Wish me luck!
Cut! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut CUT!!
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Post by Storm Wing » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:46 pm

*sorry, double post* =_=;;
Last edited by Storm Wing on Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cut! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut CUT!!
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

v2gundam
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 19
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Post by v2gundam » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:29 am

star wrote:.....so I don't mind sanding and glueing because I've done much more complicated work than that, but what paints do you use if they don't supply them? I don't like Acrilic because it is kinda sticky and I don't have those colors in modeling paint, and how do they assure that the figures will be uniform if they don't issue the colors with the figure? I am highly interested in building a model now, maybe I will order her and set her aside until I've had some practice, she will come in pieces to the point were the whole piece is almost one color anyways right? and isn't there an Echidna resin model someplace out there? maybe I'll hunt that down as well
Er.... what? Since when do model maker EVER care if you have the right colour paint to build their model? You want to build a model, you want the model to be in certain colour, you go and find and BUY the paint of that certain colour yourself. Big plastic kit maker might give you a colour palette and a mixing guide and that's it, but Resin kits makers are NEVER big enough to bother.

And no, there is no gaurrantee that the part will be separated correctly by colour. It is completely restricted by the casting process and the skill of the casting company.

Case in point : my Seolla resin kit:

Part separation is located between the neck and collar, front and back hairpiece, between the shoulder armors and the body, and right at the root of the legs just under the skirt. This means the whole upper and lower torso is 1 piece, on this 1 piece, it requires fleshtone, black, dark blue, light blue and silver.

To me, the biggest obstacles in resin kits has always been on pinning parts, finding and correcting mold imperfections, and painting the eyes.

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:13 pm

v2gundam wrote:Er.... what? Since when do model maker EVER care if you have the right colour paint to build their model? You want to build a model, you want the model to be in certain colour, you go and find and BUY the paint of that certain colour yourself. Big plastic kit maker might give you a colour palette and a mixing guide and that's it, but Resin kits makers are NEVER big enough to bother.

And no, there is no gaurrantee that the part will be separated correctly by colour. It is completely restricted by the casting process and the skill of the casting company.

Part separation is located between the neck and collar, front and back hairpiece, between the shoulder armors and the body, and right at the root of the legs just under the skirt. This means the whole upper and lower torso is 1 piece, on this 1 piece, it requires fleshtone, black, dark blue, light blue and silver.

To me, the biggest obstacles in resin kits has always been on pinning parts, finding and correcting mold imperfections, and painting the eyes.
painting the eyes? all the kits I saw on that link that I looked at came with decal eyes, I had no idea there were so many resin cast figures! they even have ones that they sell in full color and assembled! I was considering ordering the Captain Liliana resin figure, She isn't very detailed and the parts are broken up into small enough sections that it won't be hard at all, I'm still just thinking about it but she will come cast off which means I would have to find some place to work on her privatley until I had her painted enough to clothe her, and does anyone know if the starfish she comes with are rubber? I just don't feel like They would stick if they weren't and I don't want to use putty to attach them

v2gundam
Class S Shinki

Post by v2gundam » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:51 pm

star wrote:painting the eyes? all the kits I saw on that link that I looked at came with decal eyes, I had no idea there were so many resin cast figures! they even have ones that they sell in full color and assembled! I was considering ordering the Captain Liliana resin figure, She isn't very detailed and the parts are broken up into small enough sections that it won't be hard at all, I'm still just thinking about it but she will come cast off which means I would have to find some place to work on her privatley until I had her painted enough to clothe her, and does anyone know if the starfish she comes with are rubber? I just don't feel like They would stick if they weren't and I don't want to use putty to attach them
Eye decal only start appearing very recently, and they don't go back to include that on all the kits they carry.

As for Liliana, it is a nice looknig kit, especially the included stand and the clear parts for the hair. But looking at the part list, the starfish are more than certain to be hard resin. The fact that they don't specifically mention it on the product page also confirms it (if it is, it would be a big selling feature they won't miss out to mention). Also, do remember that with a kit with so many option parts, you need to be careful with sanding the joints, since resin don't give much grip like PVC.

I had Liliana in my wishlist for a while too, but Annelotte takes priority for me.

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:33 pm

v2gundam wrote:As for Liliana, it is a nice looknig kit, especially the included stand and the clear parts for the hair. But looking at the part list, the starfish are more than certain to be hard resin. The fact that they don't specifically mention it on the product page also confirms it (if it is, it would be a big selling feature they won't miss out to mention). Also, do remember that with a kit with so many option parts, you need to be careful with sanding the joints, since resin don't give much grip like PVC.

I had Liliana in my wishlist for a while too, but Annelotte takes priority for me.
so they sell Liliana pre-painted though right? maybe I'll start with Branwen, but her tattoo is a bit intimidating unless it's a decal, which they have not shown yet, it only mentions that she comes with decals

v2gundam
Class S Shinki

Post by v2gundam » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:37 pm

star wrote:so they sell Liliana pre-painted though right? maybe I'll start with Branwen, but her tattoo is a bit intimidating unless it's a decal, which they have not shown yet, it only mentions that she comes with decals
Doesn't look like they have Liliana available as pre-painted. On E2046 site, if you search for something, search result will come out un certain category:

- PVC would be the original figures as produced by the licensed company, like Megahouse, Good Smile, Kaiyodo, Wave, etc.
- GK are resin model kit recast from the original resin kits sold in conventions back in Japan. painting, assembly required.
- Antihero are PVC figures that are deconstructed and converted into resin kits. Antihero are usually limited availability, but popular kits would later be moved into the GK section.
- Gathering are E2046's painted kit version. Usually even more expensive than the licensed PVC.

Liliana doesn't come up as a "Gathering", and the PVC version is listed as "out of stock".

As for Branwen, if you click onto the "click to see more image" link below the photos, there are several more pictures to look at, and in there they only shows the tattoo decal, no eyes. You can try e-mail E2046's staff to confirm though.

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:24 pm

v2gundam wrote:As for Branwen, if you click onto the "click to see more image" link below the photos, there are several more pictures to look at, and in there they only shows the tattoo decal, no eyes. You can try e-mail E2046's staff to confirm though.
they must have just added those pics or something because I did look there, hmm,her eyes aren't that intimidating, my only question now is how noticable will the tattoo be that it is a decal? unless it goes on like those wash off with water tattoos you can get at parties and fairs, I would assume it would have some kind of seems and look like a sticker

v2gundam
Class S Shinki

Post by v2gundam » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:42 am

star wrote:they must have just added those pics or something because I did look there, hmm,her eyes aren't that intimidating, my only question now is how noticable will the tattoo be that it is a decal? unless it goes on like those wash off with water tattoos you can get at parties and fairs, I would assume it would have some kind of seems and look like a sticker
You can blend and hide edges of waterslide decals with decal softener and setter.